Pet meds online

Old November 9th 09, 08:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

Default Pet meds online

Has anyone bought medication for pets online? Did you have a good experience
or bad? Does your vet give you a prescription so you can buy your pets meds
wherever you wish? What online petmed Co would you recommend?

Old November 9th 09, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message
Has anyone bought medication for pets online? Did you have a good
experience or bad? Does your vet give you a prescription so you can buy
your pets meds wherever you wish? What online petmed Co would you
recommend?

I use a online place for my cats hyperthyroidism. I pay $30 for 100 day
supplies instead of my vet $30 for 30days

What happens is the place will call, email or fax your vet just like a
pharmacy does when you get a medication from your doctors.com

What type of medication is it you may be able to use a normal online
pharmacy I use drugstore.com for my cat

Old November 9th 09, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message
Has anyone bought medication for pets online? Did you have a good
experience or bad? Does your vet give you a prescription so you can buy
your pets meds wherever you wish? What online petmed Co would you
recommend?

I use a online place for my cats hyperthyroidism. I pay $30 for 100 day
supplies instead of my vet $30 for 30days

What happens is the place will call, email or fax your vet just like a
pharmacy does when you get a medication from your doctors.com

What type of medication is it you may be able to use a normal online
pharmacy I use drugstore.com for my cat

Thanks. I'll look at those sites. The vets here are refusing to co-operate
with online sites because they lose business = $$$. They want people to buy
from them. I want to get Revolution online since it's so much cheaper.

Have you gone to the Wal*Mart pharmacy? I pay $8 for a 90 day supply of
thyroid medication for myself. In many cases the same medication used for
humans is used for animals.

Old November 9th 09, 06:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

[...]

Unfortunately the medication he takes Wal-Mart does not have :-(

You have some **** poor vets if they pull that crap. I would tell them to
call it into your local pharmacy than transfer it over to a lower cost
site. IF they refuse than you know your vets is a con artist

Old November 9th 09, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bill

On Nov 9, 10:03*am, "Matthew"
wrote:
[...]

site. *IF they refuse *than you know your vets is a con artist- Hide quoted text -

I went from vet to vet around town asking what they charged for
Vetsulin. Some responded "well you tell us what you are paying now
and we will see if we can do a little better than that." I replied
that this was not the way the game was played. When they then told me
their price I found wild variations from one vet to the next. I would
not be surprised if other medications are the same way. I then
mentioned to each one that the price on the net was as little as 1/3
the price they were quoting. Each vet tech at the desk pretty much
responded "so." But after half a dozen different vets I got a
surprising answer from one, "you bring us the ad showing what the
price is and we will match that, but you will have to pay for the
first office visit so we have a patient." I have not actually tried
that yet, but the next time the current vet says he cannot just keep
prescribing without getting paid a hundred dollars or more each year
to see the cat for five minutes I will go back to the vet who said
they would price match, check that this still holds and if so pay them
the annual visit cost. If that works it will pay for itself several
times over every year. At the same time I'll check and see if that
vet will match the net prices for Purina DM. If so that could cut
costs in half again. And I will ask if the vet wants me to spread the
word around town and potentially have a small mob of people switch
from their current vet. If anyone reading this has a little time and
would want to check around their town to see if there are large
variations in medication prices I think a number of people reading
this might be very interested. Checking reasonable looking vets who
are not in expensive neighborhoods and offices might be good to
compare with the "vanity vets", but I didn't find any clear pattern to
the prices I was quoted.
Old November 10th 09, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Kelly Greene exclaimed (11/9/2009 3:54 AM):
Has anyone bought medication for pets online? Did you have a good
experience or bad? Does your vet give you a prescription so you can buy
your pets meds wherever you wish? What online petmed Co would you
recommend?

I use http://www.drsfostersmith.com/ for Meep's Revolution, so far with
good results. The only hitch was that my vet also will not deal with
online pharmacies, but will write a scrip which I then mailed. Once the
scrip was received, I received an email and was able to place an order.
The savings were significant. Vets sometimes grossly overcharge for
prescription medicines.

I see in a later post that your vet won't "deal" with the online
pharmacies. Ask for a paper prescription. I sort of got the impression
that they're not allowed to refuse that, though I could be wrong.

jmc
Old November 10th 09, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
FirstHit

On Nov 9, 4:03*pm, jmc wrote:
[...]

If the vet refuses a paper prescription, that is such BS. In Kelly's
two-vet town, they might be able to get away with it if it is legal
and they both do that, but in a city with more vets, I'd tell them if
they don't cooperate, not only will they not get to sell me a
prescription, they'll not get an office visit from me either.

This is really crappy. Vets should love animals. Everyone might not
be able to afford the vet's high prescription prices, and if the
client can find more reasonable prices elsewhere, then the client
should be able to buy where he chooses!

FirstHit
Old November 10th 09, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

Thanks. I'll look at those sites. The vets here are refusing to
co-operate with online sites because they lose business = $$$. They want
people to buy from them. I want to get Revolution online since it's so
much cheaper.

Have you gone to the Wal*Mart pharmacy? I pay $8 for a 90 day supply of
thyroid medication for myself. In many cases the same medication used
for humans is used for animals.

Unfortunately the medication he takes Wal-Mart does not have :-(

You have some **** poor vets if they pull that crap. I would tell them to
call it into your local pharmacy than transfer it over to a lower cost
site. IF they refuse than you know your vets is a con artist

I agree. It's what people who live in rural and semi-rural areas have to put
up with. Selling the meds they recommend is a big part of their income.

There are things local drug stores wont carry such as wormers and
Revolution. Can they even call that in?

Old November 10th 09, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

I'm going to ask her tomorrow what they charge for 3 treatments (a 90 day
supply) of Revolution. Out here with all the wild animals, fleas are a
serious problem even to indoor cats. If there's more than a few dollars
difference, I ask her for a prescription.

jmc

Old November 10th 09, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

Kelly have you tried advantage