The Furminator

Old July 25th 10, 12:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default The Furminator

Persia was in my lap a while ago. I was petting her and fur was just flying
off her, making me sneeze! I brush her regularly (she loves to be brushed)
but it's just not enough. She's shedding too much undercoat and a regular
brush just can't get to it. So I finally broke down and ordered a
Furminator. (The best price I found was on Amazon.com... be sure to check
seller ratings.)

I ordered one for my neighbor, too, who is owned by Schwartzie and Fedders.
Schwartzie is probably the champion of short-hair shedders. She literally
has to vacuum her bed every morning. So I'm going to give her a Furminator
She's done so many wonderful things for me, including driving us to and
from the clinic in Charleston. It's the least I can do.

Anyone else here have experience with the Furminator? A friend of mine
swears by it for her cat. Of course, her cat is weird and also doesn't mind
being vacuumed. LOL

Jill

Old July 25th 10, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

we paid 32 bucks for ours at petsmart or walmart can't remember, it does an
excellent job, we also have a regular brush and a zoom groom which when you
use all three gets most everything, you will find different brushes for
different times of the year.

be careful when you first start using it, bearing down may catch on her
skin, i say this because you have said how thick her fur is and its easy to
over do on a short hair... Lee, speaking from, expereince,

Old July 25th 10, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Stormmee" wrote in message
we paid 32 bucks for ours at petsmart or walmart can't remember, it does
an excellent job, we also have a regular brush and a zoom groom which when
you use all three gets most everything, you will find different brushes
for different times of the year.

be careful when you first start using it, bearing down may catch on her
skin, i say this because you have said how thick her fur is and its easy
to over do on a short hair... Lee, speaking from, expereince,

Thanks for the warning, Lee. My friend already warned me about that. She
also emailed me an image of all the fur someone else took off their cat
using it. With the fur they formed another cat and took a picture of it LOL
I wish I could find the picture, it was very funny!

Jill

Old July 25th 10, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

first time we did everyone it was packed very tightly and the size of a foot
ball, creeped them out when dh put it on the floor, Lee

Old July 25th 10, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I save the furr from my cats in gallon size baggies. When I get a full one,
I form it into a tight ball and then hang it is an evergreen tree. It
disappears a little at a time. Have heard the neighbors say the birds get
it.

Old July 25th 10, 06:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

That had to be a hoot as it smelled familiar and yet wasn't a cat. Poor
Chester who makes friends with everyone, he must have been so confused!

Old July 25th 10, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

he was preety weirded out, kept sniffing, poking making his hello i want to
be your friend noise... we took it away because he was getting quite upset,

Old July 25th 10, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Granby" wrote in message
I save the furr from my cats in gallon size baggies. When I get a full
one, I form it into a tight ball and then hang it is an evergreen tree. It
disappears a little at a time. Have heard the neighbors say the birds get
it.

Birds and squirrels are always looking for things to line their nests with
Some use dryer lint. Cat fur, what could be better?

Jill

Old July 26th 10, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

I just use a regular hoomin brush and a fine tooth pet comb for the next to
the skin groming..with a little cool water to wet them down in this heat.
Love Kyla

Old July 26th 10, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

awwwwww poor Chester Love Kyla

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

The Furminator LauraM[_2_] Cat health & behaviour 16 August 27th 08 09:53 PM
Furminator experience Takayuki Cat anecdotes 1 July 19th 07 04:34 PM
Finally got a Furminator MaryL Cat anecdotes 5 May 23rd 07 11:04 AM
The Furminator? Sherry Cat anecdotes 13 April 18th 07 11:30 AM
Furminator Karen Cat anecdotes 7 August 16th 06 07:25 PM