How much space for a cat?

Old February 25th 04, 08:50 PM
Bob Brenchley.

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:41:19 -0600, Fan wrote:

This is an exact copy of two e-mail replies that I got from the Cats
Protection League which you keep referring to in this thread. I got
tired of one side saying the policy was one thing and the other side
saying it was the exact opposite so I went to the source.

One may debate what is "best", but what the policy of CPL is should
not be in dispute. Many posts in this thread concerned what that
policy is. This should end that portion of the debate.

[snip]

In some circumstances we do rehome indoor cats, the main reason for
this is medical but there are occasions where we have Pedigree cats
which would need to kept indoors. If a cat is used to going outside,
then we would not home it to someone who wants an indoor cat, hence
the reason behind doing home checks we try and match the cats
requirements to that of the prospective new owners.

Thank you, I think that paragraph in particular sums things up very
well and I hope that put an end to the claims that Cats Protection
would normally home a healthy cat to an indoor only situation.

Sick, Yes. Disabled, Yes. Normal healthy cat, NO WAY except as an
admission of failure.

--
Bob.

In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, "Let there be
Light." And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.
Old February 25th 04, 09:51 PM
Jacqueline

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:46:05 +0000, Bob Brenchley.
wrote:
Of course little moron, CP do home old, disabled and sick cats
indoors. What they do NOT do, except as a last resort (which they see
as an admission of failure) is home a healthy cat to an abuser like
yourself who finds it acceptable to keep a normal healthy cat indoors
only.

Now stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

*yawn*

I object to my cats being called failures. I'll happily forward you my
area co-ordinator's contact details and you can go tell her that.

Old February 25th 04, 10:01 PM
Jacqueline

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:50:48 +0000, Bob Brenchley.
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:41:19 -0600, Fan wrote:
In some circumstances we do rehome indoor cats, the main reason for
this is medical but there are occasions where we have Pedigree cats
which would need to kept indoors. If a cat is used to going outside,
then we would not home it to someone who wants an indoor cat, hence
the reason behind doing home checks we try and match the cats
requirements to that of the prospective new owners.

Thank you, I think that paragraph in particular sums things up very
well and I hope that put an end to the claims that Cats Protection
would normally home a healthy cat to an indoor only situation.

So, from that statement, the CP as a matter of course rehome
pedigree cats to indoor only houses. Do you think this is acceptible?
And if so, why should pedigree cats be treated any differently?
Bearing in mind a pedigree cat is less likely to be stolen than a
moggy, there's no reason why it sould be treated as any differently.

Sick, Yes. Disabled, Yes. Normal healthy cat, NO WAY except as an
admission of failure.

Please point me to the bit in that quote that says homing an indoor
cat is an 'admission of failture'.

It's very odd, you and I seem to have interpreted that statement
completely differently. I took the 'we do rehome indoor cats' to mean
just that. I never said they *only* rehome indoor cats, I never said
they promote indoor cats, but they do rehome cats to indoor homes,
particularly if it's safer in the circumstances. Curiously, I know of
one situation recently - 2 littermates, 8 months old, very healthy and
active, in the CP's fostercare. There was a choice between two homes -
one with a garden, one in a flat. The CP went with the flat option.

I really don't know why you're so obnoxious and defensive Mr
Brenchley, I just don't get your motives.

Old February 26th 04, 05:52 AM
Cat Protector

I see Bob is at it again. Now he is putting down cat rescue and posting
things that are not true. I wonder what other things he'll pull out of his
ass?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Bob Brenchley." wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:27:31 +0000, Jacqueline
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:52:33 +0000, Bob Brenchley.
wrote:

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:01:16 +0000, Jacqueline
wrote:
Indeed. I know what the facts are, I've been a member of Cats
Protection for about 7 years and have had plenty of experience at
'grass roots level' as he puts it. Silly man.

You are one of two things. Either a liar or just a troll. Which is it?

Neither, you hideously obnoxious man, I have no reason to lie, nor the
time nor inclination to troll anyone.

Well the choice is there, you have to be one or the other. I'm tending
towards troll.

You said CP never rehome healthy
indoor cats, I have the evidence to the contrary which I'm happy to
forward to you or anybody else.

The FACTS (as often given) are simple. None of the UK's major shelters
(Cats Protection, RSPCA/SSPCA, Battersea) which account for an
estimated 80% of rehomings in this country, nor most of the smaller
ones that for various reasons affiliate with the big boys, will
normally rehome a healthy cat to an indoor only environment.

Now this has been confirmed on numerous occasions by people who work
at the grass roots level - actually finding homes for cats.

Cats Protection are full of dedicated people who work long hours to
better the lives of cats that come into their care. CP do not, except
as a desperate last resort, rehome healthy cats to indoor only
situations.

I know who they are, I've been a member for years, have helped rehome
cats myself, AND currently have 3 of my own. If you're happy to go on
peddling your own agenda on these newsgroups, fair enough, but don't
insult me for pointing out the bias in your argument. The CP *do*
rehome indoor cats - fact.

Of course little moron, CP do home old, disabled and sick cats
indoors. What they do NOT do, except as a last resort (which they see
as an admission of failure) is home a healthy cat to an abuser like
yourself who finds it acceptable to keep a normal healthy cat indoors
only.

Now stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

--
Bob.

Alas, your intelligence qualifies you more for the primordial soup
than for the "master race." Recognize your limitations. Then shut
up.

Old February 26th 04, 10:53 AM
Bob Brenchley.

wrote:
Of course little moron, CP do home old, disabled and sick cats
indoors. What they do NOT do, except as a last resort (which they see
as an admission of failure) is home a healthy cat to an abuser like
yourself who finds it acceptable to keep a normal healthy cat indoors
only.

Now stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

*yawn*

I object to my cats being called failures. I'll happily forward you my
area co-ordinator's contact details and you can go tell her that.

Either your cats fit one of the very short list of categories where CP
will rehome indoors, or your local CP failed in its duty to find them
proper homes.

--
Bob.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why you appear bright until
we hear you talk.

Old February 26th 04, 10:54 AM
Bob Brenchley.

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:52:46 -0700, "Cat Protector"
wrote:

I see Bob is at it again. Now he is putting down cat rescue and posting
things that are not true. I wonder what other things he'll pull out of his
ass?

Why is it that top-posting moronic trolls have this fixation with
donkeys?

--
Bob.

I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in
public.