New neighbours of the furry kind

Old May 6th 05, 09:58 AM
wafflycat

Default New neighbours of the furry kind

My next door neighbours to one side have adopted a stray who turned up on
their doorstep. Said tabby is an intact male, who is now safely permanently
homed and is going to be taken to the vet to be fixed even though he's not
broke (if you see what I mean). It seems that Francis & the new cat are best
buddies, as my neighbour tells me they can be seen sitting in the farmyard
together :-)

Plus, my neighbour is acquiring another cat, as a family member is
travelling long-term and can't take own cat, so cat is being rehomed here.

My neighbour, who previously had a d*g when he lived elsewhere, said "I
never thought I'd become a cat person."

The little blighters have converted another to their cause :-) I shall have
to see if I can acquire some pictures of our new furry neighbours!

Cheers, helen s

Old May 6th 05, 10:36 AM
O J

Helen S. wrote:

--------------------snip---------------------
My neighbour, who previously had a d*g when he lived elsewhere, said "I
never thought I'd become a cat person."

The little blighters have converted another to their cause :-) I shall have
to see if I can acquire some pictures of our new furry neighbours!

Here in the USA, cats have surpassed dogs as far as the number of pets
goes. There are still more households with a d*g for a companion, but
naturally, a lot of those households have fewer animals. People are
more likely to have multiple cats. I'm curious, would you know if
the same holds true in the UK?

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old May 6th 05, 11:11 AM
wafflycat

"O J" wrote in message
Helen S. wrote:

--------------------snip---------------------
My neighbour, who previously had a d*g when he lived elsewhere, said "I
never thought I'd become a cat person."

The little blighters have converted another to their cause :-) I shall
have
to see if I can acquire some pictures of our new furry neighbours!

Here in the USA, cats have surpassed dogs as far as the number of pets
goes. There are still more households with a d*g for a companion, but
naturally, a lot of those households have fewer animals. People are
more likely to have multiple cats. I'm curious, would you know if
the same holds true in the UK?

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Cats have outnumbered d*gs as number one choice of pet for several years,
with more cats being "owned" [1] as pets than d*gs. Not sure of breakdown as
regards multiple pets in a single household though.

Cheers, helen s

[1] Clarification - yes, cats, I know you own us...

Old May 6th 05, 10:56 PM
polonca12000

Great news! Looking forward to the pics.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"wafflycat" wafflesATv21netDOTcoDOTuk wrote in message
My next door neighbours to one side have adopted a stray who turned up on
their doorstep. snip

Old May 7th 05, 02:13 AM
CATherine

On Fri, 6 May 2005 09:58:57 +0100, "wafflycat"
[...]

It is so nice to have cat-loving neighbors and with the cats getting
along with your own. :-)

--
CATherine
Old May 7th 05, 05:33 AM
Marina

wafflycat wrote:
The little blighters have converted another to their cause :-) I shall
have to see if I can acquire some pictures of our new furry neighbours!

Heeheehee. They are quickly infiltrating the human race. How nice for
Francis to have a friend. How is he BTW? Still defying the jaws of death?

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and Mere
Old May 7th 05, 09:51 AM
wafflycat

"Marina" wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:
The little blighters have converted another to their cause :-) I shall
have to see if I can acquire some pictures of our new furry neighbours!

Heeheehee. They are quickly infiltrating the human race. How nice for
Francis to have a friend. How is he BTW? Still defying the jaws of death?

Francis is fine :-) To look at him and from his behaviour, you wouldn't know
that there was anything wrong with him. Which is lovely.

Cheers, helen s

Old May 7th 05, 11:01 PM
polonca12000

I'm so very glad to hear Francis is doing so well, this is wonderful!
Best wishes and purrs,

Old May 8th 05, 12:33 PM
Marina

wafflycat wrote:

Francis is fine :-) To look at him and from his behaviour, you wouldn't
know that there was anything wrong with him. Which is lovely.

That it is. Long may he continue that way.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and Mere
Old May 10th 05, 12:07 PM
SuzQ

Sounds like you live in a great neighborhood.
Suz&Spicey