The Furminator?

Old April 16th 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default The Furminator?

Has anybody tried this new grooming tool? I've read rave reviews and
am about to take the plunge and buy one, even though they're
expensive--around $32 for the small one, $45 for the larger one. Users
swear that it cuts down on loose cat hair in the house by 90%.
Shedding season is just overwhelming me this year. Five cats, I've
been fighting it for a few weeks now and am losing the battle
dreadfully.

Sherry

Old April 16th 07, 02:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-04-15 19:52:48 -0500, "Sherry" said:

Has anybody tried this new grooming tool? I've read rave reviews and
am about to take the plunge and buy one, even though they're
expensive--around $32 for the small one, $45 for the larger one. Users
swear that it cuts down on loose cat hair in the house by 90%.
Shedding season is just overwhelming me this year. Five cats, I've
been fighting it for a few weeks now and am losing the battle
dreadfully.

Sherry

I have one. It's really good. But I got mine for less than that.
Google around.

Old April 16th 07, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

In ups.com,
Sherry purred:
Has anybody tried this new grooming tool? I've read rave reviews and
am about to take the plunge and buy one, even though they're
expensive--around $32 for the small one, $45 for the larger one. Users
swear that it cuts down on loose cat hair in the house by 90%.
Shedding season is just overwhelming me this year. Five cats, I've
been fighting it for a few weeks now and am losing the battle
dreadfully.

Sherry

We have one - it does get massive amounts of hair off the kitties - but
works best if kitties are tolerant of brushing to begin with. I got
half-done with Weeble and he tired of it, bolted away with wads of
'furminated' hair clinging loosely to his butt - looked like a poodle! And
me chasing after him before he A) ingested all that hair and got a
hairball-from-hell, or B) static electricity lost it's power and said wads
of loos hair dropped off who knows where!

Old April 16th 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Sherry" wrote in message
ups.com...
Has anybody tried this new grooming tool? I've read rave reviews and
am about to take the plunge and buy one, even though they're
expensive--around $32 for the small one, $45 for the larger one. Users
swear that it cuts down on loose cat hair in the house by 90%.
Shedding season is just overwhelming me this year. Five cats, I've
been fighting it for a few weeks now and am losing the battle
dreadfully.

Sherry

I have noticed something on eBay called Shed Ender, and it is considerably
cheaper. I don't know if it would do the same job, or if "cheaper" in this
case also means "less effective." It does definitely have a different
structure, but you might want to take a look. Whatever you decide, please
keep us informed and let us know what you think of the effectiveness (or
lack thereof). I have never used either product, but I'm interested in your
results.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

Old April 16th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock

"Sherry" wrote in message
ups.com...
Has anybody tried this new grooming tool? I've read rave reviews and
am about to take the plunge and buy one, even though they're
expensive--around $32 for the small one, $45 for the larger one. Users
swear that it cuts down on loose cat hair in the house by 90%.
Shedding season is just overwhelming me this year. Five cats, I've
been fighting it for a few weeks now and am losing the battle
dreadfully.

Sherry

We have the shed-ender.

Cali hates it, Smokey loves it and Cleo does not like brushing at all. Cali
has very coarse/thick fur and needs brushing most, Smokey has medium fur and
Cleo has very short fur.

Old April 16th 07, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucy's Mom

On 15 Apr 2007 17:52:48 -0700, "Sherry" wrote:

Has anybody tried this new grooming tool? I've read rave reviews and
am about to take the plunge and buy one, even though they're
expensive--around $32 for the small one, $45 for the larger one. Users
swear that it cuts down on loose cat hair in the house by 90%.
Shedding season is just overwhelming me this year. Five cats, I've
been fighting it for a few weeks now and am losing the battle
dreadfully.

Sherry

Love it! Gets scads of hair off of the kitties. They do, however,
need to be reasonably tolerant of being brushed. Lucy takes it for
about 2 min and then she's off. Tiger likes it a lot, though.
-- Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew
Old April 16th 07, 08:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"Magic Mood Jeep?" wrote:

We have one - it does get massive amounts of hair off the kitties - but
works best if kitties are tolerant of brushing to begin with. I got
half-done with Weeble and he tired of it, bolted away with wads of
'furminated' hair clinging loosely to his butt - looked like a poodle!

It's a good thing I didn't have anything in my mouth when I read that.
Hilarious!

Joyce

Old April 16th 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Apr 15, 8:34 pm, "Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote:
roups.com,
Sherry purred:

[...]

LOL! The worst of the bunch (Biskit) is NOT tolerant of brushing. And
Frank
only lets me brush the parts that don't need brushing! I can brush the
top of
his head & back, and that's all! I might end up taking Bikkie back
for a
lion cut. She felt so much better w/all that hair off--you could tell.
She pranced
around like she was a little queen. I just hate taking her though.
Sherry

Old April 16th 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Apr 16, 7:15 am, "Stormmee" wrote:
we use a zoom groom, and am interested in a review if you get it, LeeSherry wrote in message

ups.com...

Has anybody tried this new grooming tool? I've read rave reviews and
am about to take the plunge and buy one, even though they're
expensive--around $32 for the small one, $45 for the larger one. Users
swear that it cuts down on loose cat hair in the house by 90%.
Shedding season is just overwhelming me this year. Five cats, I've
been fighting it for a few weeks now and am losing the battle
dreadfully.

Sherry- Hide quoted text -

I have a Zoom Groom. They love it, but it just isn't heavy-duty enough
to get the old, loose
hair off of Frank/Biskit. Frank's hair is angora-fine and thick,
thick, thick. Bikkie's is
uneven and always real static-y. I also have the "petting glove" thing
(works good on
the shorthairs). I have a slicker brush, a steel comb. Sometimes I use
a hairbrush or
a fine-tooth people-comb.
Everything in the house (the furniture, quilts, drapes, bedspreads, &
*people* are starting
to look like mohair. Even my car seat is covered in cat hair, and they
haven't even
been *in* the car.

Sherry