Okay who's the literary critic?

Old March 5th 08, 10:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Default Okay who's the literary critic?

Shameful revelations time! I don't like to stare at the telly for hours at a
time but sometimes I am just too tired to read anything demanding so my
compromise is trashy beach fiction, it keeps me from staring at the telly and
it's undemanding enough. Sometimes even quite enjoyable in a perverse way.

So last night, I was reading...Okay...(blushes)...Jilly Cooper's "Wicked",
yes I was tired and had a stinking cold so it's comfort reading...(better for
me than comfort eating).

Put book on sofa last night and went to bed.

This morning said book has been ripped apart- is this a comment on my taste
from the cats or perhaps they were trying to read it- only to find another
thing claws aren't good for is turning pages?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old March 5th 08, 11:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

So last night, I was reading...Okay...(blushes)...Jilly Cooper's
"Wicked", yes I was tired and had a stinking cold so it's comfort
reading...(better for me than comfort eating).

Put book on sofa last night and went to bed.

This morning said book has been ripped apart- is this a comment
on my taste from the cats or perhaps they were trying to read it-
only to find another thing claws aren't good for is turning pages?

Marion was reading Gay and Laney Salisbury's "The Cruellest Miles"
a few weeks ago - a recent book about a rescue mission by dogsleds
in Alaska in 1925:

http://www.ngeo.com/adventure/0308/onlineextra.html

She left it on the floor overnight and one of the cats peed on
it. I don't think we've ever had a book peed on before. Seems
we aren't even allowed to have a *book* about dogs in the house.

("Cruelest" in the US edition, it seems - I hadn't realized the
American spelling was different).

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old March 5th 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Lesley via CatKB.com" u27720@uwe wrote in message
[...]

Stinky occasionally goes on paper-shredding binges. .

Old March 5th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley via CatKB.com u27720@uwe wrote:

Shameful revelations time! I don't like to stare at the telly for hours at a
time but sometimes I am just too tired to read anything demanding so my
compromise is trashy beach fiction, it keeps me from staring at the telly and
it's undemanding enough. Sometimes even quite enjoyable in a perverse way.

So last night, I was reading...Okay...(blushes)...Jilly Cooper's "Wicked",
yes I was tired and had a stinking cold so it's comfort reading...(better for
me than comfort eating).

Give yourself a break... you work for a living, right? So you get to relax
with undemanding trash at night. I don't even read trash - I watch TV at
night - or get on the computer. I do read when I get into bed, but I can
only last about a half hour, max (often less) before I zonk out. Between
that and the fact that I'm a slow reader, it can take me weeks to get
through a garden-variety novel. I always have to renew library books!

Put book on sofa last night and went to bed.

This morning said book has been ripped apart- is this a comment on my taste
from the cats or perhaps they were trying to read it- only to find another
thing claws aren't good for is turning pages?

My cats are forever making comments on the music I listen to, or, god
forbid, sing. Generally not good comments, by the way.

Licky loves to tear paper, by the way. I can't leave any reading material
on the floor if I'm actually planning to read it.

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old March 6th 08, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

Shameful revelations time! I don't like to stare at the telly for hours at
time but sometimes I am just too tired to read anything demanding so my
compromise is trashy beach fiction, it keeps me from staring at the telly
and
it's undemanding enough. Sometimes even quite enjoyable in a perverse way.

So last night, I was reading...Okay...(blushes)...Jilly Cooper's "Wicked",
yes I was tired and had a stinking cold so it's comfort reading...(better
for
me than comfort eating).

Put book on sofa last night and went to bed.

This morning said book has been ripped apart- is this a comment on my
taste
from the cats or perhaps they were trying to read it- only to find another
thing claws aren't good for is turning pages?

Lesley

Oh my, another reminder that Kayla has indeed grown up to be a good dog.
She hasn't eaten a book in I can't remember how long.

Jo

Old March 8th 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Mar 5, 11:42*am, wrote:

So you get to relax
with undemanding trash at night.

ROFLMAO
That's not quite how I would describe Dave he's not undemanding!

Old March 8th 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

On Mar 5, 11:42?am, wrote:

So you get to relax with undemanding trash at night.

ROFLMAO
That's not quite how I would describe Dave he's not undemanding!

spew BW, that needed a BW!!

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.