Another small step for Lorelei.

Old December 4th 10, 05:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

Default Another small step for Lorelei.

This evening I went to look for Lorelei in the bedroom, to give her some
scritches.

She wasn't in the bedroom.

So I went down to the basement, to coax her back upstairs.

She wasn't in the basement, either.

I looked around, and found her meatloafing on a dining room chair, right
next to the cat tree, just below the 2nd level from the floor.

I have her bowl of kibble on the lowest level, which sits right on the
floor.

I approached her slowly, and she let me give her scritches and some
petting.

The next time I looked, she was back in the bedroom.

Probably, I should have just left her alone, and not approached her, but
I wanted to give her some 'positive reinforcement'.

Where she was, she could see me in the living room, but she was partly
concealed by being under the dining room table.

Little steps...

Old December 4th 10, 10:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

i think it was fine that you petted her since you didn't pick her up, but i
don't agree with moving her food bowl around, you, imho, need to put the
food where you want it to be and leave it there. if you want to put
alternative food or treats somewhere else fine, but the bowl she will be
eating from on a regular basis needs to be in its permanent home so she can
reassure herself that won't change, Soft

Old December 4th 10, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs Lachatte

On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 04:22:49 -0600, Storrmmee's
nimble, little paws typed:

i think it was fine that you petted her since you didn't pick her up, but i
don't agree with moving her food bowl around, you, imho, need to put the
food where you want it to be and leave it there. if you want to put
alternative food or treats somewhere else fine, but the bowl she will be
eating from on a regular basis needs to be in its permanent home so she can
reassure herself that won't change, Soft

Good steps! I agree with Soft about the food
being in a permanent place,and treats left
elsewhere.

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

12/4/2010 12:19:31 PM
Old December 4th 10, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

Way to go, Lorelei!!

Booker

In dis houze weze take fudz whereevur dey show up. An wen itz antz tyme,
da fudz muv a lot.

Old December 4th 10, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
meOwy

On Dec 4, 1:38*am, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:
[...]

Cat twees ar furry inviting an also irrusisstabl. I hab four ob dem
beclawz dere wuz mor kitties in da houss dan juts me.
Now i am alone. Wif all da cat twees! Yayyy!
Aldo ai is lonesum sumtymes.
Wen meowmie leevs da hous.
MeOwy (Yoo stay hoam Meowmie! Stay! Stay! Dats a gud meowmie.)
Old December 4th 10, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 12:13:43 -0800, Booker wrote:

Way to go, Lorelei!!

Booker

In dis houze weze take fudz whereevur dey show up. An wen itz antz tyme,
da fudz muv a lot.

LOL...only because it's winter, and there aren't any ants.

Ants aren't really funny...

Old December 4th 10, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

Antz went away affer meowmie found sum stuff to sprinkle all round da
houze. Dey were happi (Melanie fat iz). Weze lost all ar ant freendz,
not.

Old December 5th 10, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gabrielle[_2_]

Sumtimez we catz like tu take fingz slow. We fink Lorelei iz cummin tu
trust yew. Yew ar a gud ana payshunt humin.
Ralph, Fred, Alice, Jane, Ricky, Mary, Judith, and Claude