Can't Find Abelard

Old February 5th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Can't Find Abelard

He left yesterday (Saturday) morning and hasn't been seen since. When it's
cold out he doesn't stay out longer than it takes to relieve himself, and it
was very cold yesterday and last night, so I am majorly worried. I just
finished a long walk & search (with Tommy & Eli tagging along). Gloria
hasn't seen him either. I called so loud and often that I'm almost
hoarse....

Old February 5th 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
He left yesterday (Saturday) morning and hasn't been seen since. When it's
cold out he doesn't stay out longer than it takes to relieve himself, and
it was very cold yesterday and last night, so I am majorly worried. I just
finished a long walk & search (with Tommy & Eli tagging along). Gloria
hasn't seen him either. I called so loud and often that I'm almost
hoarse....

He is probably stuck in a garage somewhere Purrs for his safe return

Old February 5th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"NMR" wrote

He is probably stuck in a garage somewhere Purrs for his safe return

Hmmm let's see, the nearest garage is probably 4 miles as the crow flies...

Old February 5th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .

"NMR" wrote

He is probably stuck in a garage somewhere Purrs for his safe return

Hmmm let's see, the nearest garage is probably 4 miles as the crow
flies...

That is nothing for a cat you know that I know of cats that range up to 10
miles from home
Do you have any place that he can hide close by remember think like a cat.

But no matter what Purrs for the quick and a safe return

Old February 5th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"NMR" wrote
He is probably stuck in a garage somewhere Purrs for his safe return

Hmmm let's see, the nearest garage is probably 4 miles as the crow
flies...

That is nothing for a cat you know that I know of cats that range up to 10
miles from home
Do you have any place that he can hide close by remember think like a
cat.

But no matter what Purrs for the quick and a safe return

That garage I mentioned belongs to a local mechanic and he's closed on
weekends, so there's no way for Abelard to be trapped there. It's also on
the other side of the highway, and Abelard would never set foot on that
road. He's terrified of asphalt.

The only place he could hide around here would be the barn and I've already
been there.

Old February 5th 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message

"NMR" wrote
He is probably stuck in a garage somewhere Purrs for his safe return

Hmmm let's see, the nearest garage is probably 4 miles as the crow
flies...

That is nothing for a cat you know that I know of cats that range up to
10 miles from home
Do you have any place that he can hide close by remember think like a
cat.

But no matter what Purrs for the quick and a safe return

That garage I mentioned belongs to a local mechanic and he's closed on
weekends, so there's no way for Abelard to be trapped there. It's also on
the other side of the highway, and Abelard would never set foot on that
road. He's terrified of asphalt.

The only place he could hide around here would be the barn and I've
already been there.

Pat keep looking in the barn haven't you ever went looking for them only
to come to find out that they are staring at you giving you that look of ha
ha because you spent all that time looking for them while they were right
under your nose

Old February 5th 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"NMR" wrote

Pat keep looking in the barn haven't you ever went looking for them
only to come to find out that they are staring at you giving you that look
of ha ha because you spent all that time looking for them while they were
right under your nose

He knows his way home from the barn. If he's in the barn he is not trapped
and will come home when he's ready. Normally if he's been gone a while and
is in the barn he will come to me when I call him down there.

I don't believe he is in the barn this time. He would never spend the night
in the barn when it's as cold as it got here last night.

Old February 5th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
He left yesterday (Saturday) morning and hasn't been seen since. When
it's cold out he doesn't stay out longer than it takes to relieve
himself, and it was very cold yesterday and last night, so I am
majorly worried. I just finished a long walk & search (with Tommy &
Eli tagging along). Gloria hasn't seen him either. I called so loud
and often that I'm almost hoarse....

Purrs for Abelard to come home soon.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old February 5th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
He left yesterday (Saturday) morning and hasn't been seen since. When it's
cold out he doesn't stay out longer than it takes to relieve himself, and

it
was very cold yesterday and last night, so I am majorly worried. I just
finished a long walk & search (with Tommy & Eli tagging along). Gloria
hasn't seen him either. I called so loud and often that I'm almost
hoarse....

He probably is in the barn; he'll come home honey. He has before. Purrs
for a quick homecoming.

kili

Old February 5th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
He left yesterday (Saturday) morning and hasn't been seen since. When it's
cold out he doesn't stay out longer than it takes to relieve himself, and
it was very cold yesterday and last night, so I am majorly worried. I just
finished a long walk & search (with Tommy & Eli tagging along). Gloria
hasn't seen him either. I called so loud and often that I'm almost
hoarse....

How many times has Abelard done this to you? Lots of times, yes?
Stop worrying. He will be back soon, when he decides to. It seems to me
that he just likes to wander and be away for a few days. Just to make you
panic ;-)

Tweed