Lorelei update 11-10-2010

Old November 12th 10, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Bobble[_8_]

Default Lorelei update 11-10-2010

ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote in
:

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 18:33:39 -0800 (PST), Gabrielle
wrote:

On Nov 11, 12:17*am, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:
Well, Lorelei is making little baby steps of progress: she ate a
little more today, including some of her dry food, AND she used the
litter box.

I have been worried, because since she got to my home on Monday
afternoon, she hasn't used it until sometime tonight. *BIG* sigh of
relief!

Given that she has eaten so little, until last night and today, it's
not too surprising.

I was concerned about her not drinking any water, but canned cat
food has a lot of water in it, so she's getting some water from
that.

Lorelei is still very scared: I still find her down in the basement,
where it's cold and the floor is cement

The poor kitty. I have coaxed her upstairs several times, only to
find her back down in the basement again. So I finally got some old
towels and made her a sort of a bed, so at least she isn't on the
cement floor anymore.

I spend a lot of time with her, and she like to have her ears
scratched, but she prefers to hide in the basement.

Poor Lorelei is not taking the big move very well at all

I know she's a nice cat, because she came right up to me in her
previous home and let me give her scritches, and rub her pretty
spotted tummy

But, I think she can use all the help she can get. I'm sure she can
At least there isn't another cat, or a dog to make it even harder on
her.

I went shopping today and I bought a package of assorted cat toys,
some more of her brand of dry cat food, some more Fancy Feast, and a
package of catnip for Lorelei.

So far, she has ignored the toys, and the catnip, too.

I will wait a few days, and try again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ *^..^ * *

We ar purrrin dat Lorelei cum owt uv da bazemint sun.
Ralph, Fred, Alice, Jane, Ricky, Mary, Judith, and Claude

I found her at the top of the stairs today, and she hasn't gone back
downstairs, that I know of.

She's been hanging out in the kitchen, which is the warmest room in
the house: it only has 1 outside wall, instead of 2, like every other
room, and it gets 'extra' heat from the refrigerator, and the pilot
lights on the gas stove.

I'll bet she ventures into the dining room in a few days

Yay, progress!!!

Bobble
Old November 12th 10, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Oh mine gudnez, I fout herself waz alreaddi fixed. I forgotted her waz
still a bittie.
"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
On Nov 12, 12:13 pm, "Granby" wrote:
U bedder stop makink fun of Sammy haffink a boyfriend. Trudi will kome
ofver der anna whack urelf wiff her skort book. U iz messink in herown
territorie now! Piglett not want to see Trudi deliver a sermon to any cat.

Dey iz sew KYOOT togever. Kasper is a bichin freez, a widdl wite doggy
onlee a littl bigger dan Samanfa. Hee iz a ol fren ub da Bear butted
he wanna be WINKED wiff r Sammy. Uncl Bill sez dat Samanfa gonna be
fixed in too weeks, sew we ain gonna haff no puppies. But dey wood be
sutsh KYOOT puppies. I wood hep tak car ub dem.

--
Sunrise, the PRITTY wun

Old November 13th 10, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs Lachatte

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 09:33:01 GMT,
ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf)'s nimble,
little paws typed:

I will be VERY patient, and spoil her terribly in every way I possibly
can, and when she's gotten used to her new home, she will be a very nice
kitty, and we will grow old together

Awwwwwwwwwwww....

[A 'porter twinkles at Unka Gandalf's howse, and
a petite Purrsian gurl steps out, and walks over
to him]

Yoo iz a furry gud hooman, Dat was such a tuchink
fing to say. Anykitty wood lub yoo!

[twines herself around his ankles, then walks to
the 'porter and disappears]

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

11/12/2010 7:35:51 PM
Old November 13th 10, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance[_2_]

Why wud we do dat, OEJ? Meowmie alwaze sez dat "pest" iz a gud fing!

Sundance

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
ursef better watchit ifin yourown ownerz sees diz pozt ursef mite getsa
hairball in yourown shoez, OEJ
"Anti Sandy" wrote in message
I remember when Rebecca first came here. She didn't want anything to do
with me at first; she just hid and didn't eat for two days. She finally
showed some interest when she saw there was another cat there. I didn't
push her, and just let her relate to Sundance until she was more
comfortable with me. It took her a long time, but it was on her terms.
Today she's just as much of a pest as he is!

Anti Sandy

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
first off this can take weeks, and since you know her personality its a
waiting game, second i am wondering if the house and all of the "new" is
too much, might want to start ofer and consider one room, prefferrable
upstairs to restrict her to, soft
ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote in message
[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

How you behave towards cats here below determines your status in
Heaven.
- Robert Heinlein

Old November 13th 10, 05:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

diz iz onna purlimz wif owrz itti bitti kompurtmint... da heat vintz iz inna
ceelin, diz iz beri unaceptable anna minesef anna barbi haz been sayin diz
butsa hoominz iz not mofin, OEJ
"Booker" wrote in message
. ..

On 11/12/2010 1:36 AM, Gandalf wrote:

I found her at the top of the stairs today, and she hasn't gone back
downstairs, that I know of.

She's been hanging out in the kitchen, which is the warmest room in the
house: it only has 1 outside wall, instead of 2, like every other room,
and it gets 'extra' heat from the refrigerator, and the pilot lights on
the gas stove.

I'll bet she ventures into the dining room in a few days

Gud fur yu Lorelei! Ize bin sittin in front of da frigerator, cuz warm air
cumz out dere. Den wen da furnace iz on (rarely, stoopid hoominz) Ize sitz
on top ov da vent. Heet iz important. Hoominz ar warm too, Lorelei, an dey
like to cuddle wif kittiez.

Booker

Old November 13th 10, 05:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

i won't wak anibodi az long az i getz detalez, Trudi, turnin da skort buk
pages to da goddie sekshun and poisin herown pin ta write da tealez
wrote:

[...]

Da Kitchum is mine favrit rume. It is warm, da wadder bole is dere,
fudz for efferywun is dere an mine dogs come in an out alla tim
bisitin me an admirin mine byooty. Wen it iz gness outted I sit on da
winner ledj an let da hol neyborhood see meee in all mine red Pershun
glory. An I can see fings dat I can report to da catmoonity.

Four Instanse: Widdle Samanfa gotted a BOYFREN

Sammy an Kasper, sitting in a tree, Kay, eye, ess, ess, eye, en, jee.

I'll bet she ventures into the dining room in a few days

Da dinng rume is gness too. Wen da hoomins ar eetin wee awl stay in
dere in case sumfin is offerd or dropt.

Lorelei is a purty nam for a purty kittee an shee will sune see wut a
gudgud daddy yoo ar.

--
Sunrise, da PRITTY wun

Old November 13th 10, 10:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance[_2_]

Well, she SED it wuz gud...

I wunner why sheze laffin.

Sundance

Old November 13th 10, 11:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

i i z alwayz suspishuz when a hoomin iz laffin, OEJ
"Sundance" wrote in message
Well, she SED it wuz gud...

I wunner why sheze laffin.

Sundance