Howard B needs your help!

Old May 7th 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default UPDATE #2 Howard B needs your help!

On 2006-05-07, Monique Y. Mudama penned:

Mr. Clark still hasn't been captured; if he isn't by the time Howard
needs to leave, a friend of his in the Baltimore area has offered to
take Mr. Clark.

Mr. Clark is now safely home. There seems to be some question about
whether the aforementioned people really want to take on three cats,
but Howard sounded much better and hopes that he'll figure something
out tomorrow.

Thank Bast. I'm so sorry that all this is happening to Howard, or
anyone. I wish I could do more to help than just sending good thoughts
and asking the cats to purr for everyone. Please give Howard our love
and tell him that he's in our meditations and purrs.

Pam S. who always drove the cats all over the country.
Old May 7th 06, 11:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default UPDATE Howard B needs your help!

On 2006-05-06, Monique Y. Mudama penned:
I got an email from an associate of Howard Berkowitz asking me to
call Howard.

He's in a mess and needs advice, and if anyone is anywhere near
Virginia, possibly your help.

Things are looking much better now, I think.

Howard's ex-wife has offered to take the cats, which means they will
be in Cape Cod. They also know her, so that will be less stressful
than other arrangments.

Mr. Clark still hasn't been captured; if he isn't by the time Howard
needs to leave, a friend of his in the Baltimore area has offered to
take Mr. Clark.

Howard sounds a lot better this evening than he did this morning. He
will call me so that I can let everyone know if Mr. Clark is found.

He still is very interested in any pet shipping experiences and
recommendations that anyone can make. It sounds like now it will be
from Cape Cod to St. Louis, and also possibly from Baltimore if Mr.
Clark doesn't make himself available this weekend.

As for the several of you who have offered to help Howard financially,
he says thank you but he thinks that part is under control. His most
urgent need is for advice about getting the cats from point A to point
B safely.

Thanks for the update. I'm glad there's been some improvement in the
situation. Continuing purrs for _all_ the cats to be safely transported to
their new home.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old May 7th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Howard B needs your help!

On Sat, 6 May 2006 11:22:19 -0600, "Monique Y. Mudama"
wrote:

I got an email from an associate of Howard Berkowitz asking me to call
Howard.

He's in a mess and needs advice, and if anyone is anywhere near
Virginia, possibly your help.

I'm sure you all know that he was moving to St. Louis from Arlington,
VA to start a new job.

The short story: his car had a spectacular mechanical failure while
still in Arlington, and Howard spent a couple of days in the hospital.
Mr. Clark freaked out at the movers, ran out the door, and won't come
back. Howard needs to fly, rather than drive, and he doesn't have the
vet certs and immunization records needed to fly his three cats. His
water etc. has already been turned off, as well as internet access,
and he really was supposed to move by Monday (two days from now).

What Howard is looking for right now:

1a) Someone who could possibly keep his 3 cats at their house for
several weeks, giving him time to assemble the necessary paperwork for
the flight. He will also be back in VA in a few weeks, so he could
possibly drive back at that time.

1b) OR, long shot, someone who is driving from VA to St. Louis and could
drive the cats. He has a large dog crate in which all three cats fit
comfortably.

2) Any information on pet shipping services. He's looked into Jet A
Pet, which handles all the paperwork, and PetAir, which doesn't. He'd
like to hear about any experiences, cost, satisfaction, etc.

As you may remember, Howard's cash flow is expected to resume once
he's in St. Louis working, but for now he's strapped, meaning that
he can't just pay someone to board the cats right now (although he
expects to be able to once he gets to St. Louis).

I have Howard's cell phone number, so if you can help at all, please
ask me for the number (the email address I use here does work, or you
can use monique --- at --- bounceswoosh --- dot --- org. I've also
told him I'll relay any messages here by phone to him.

The long story:
Howard believes that he can get Mr. Clark back into the house. He had
Mr. Clark in his arms once, but then he tried to put him in a
too-small carrier, and Mr. Clark freaked and ran off. Next time he
plans to simply hold Mr. Clark and possibly hold his scruff to
immobilize him when bringing him inside. If anyone has any further
ideas on bringing Mr. Clark back, they're welcome, but Howard believes
he can handle this part.

I didn't quite grasp all the details of the vehicle accident, but I
believe Howard is okay now (geez, it didn't even occur to me to ask).
He said he tried to get out of the medical facility sooner, but they
kept him longer than he wanted.

Um ... I'm sure there's more that I should relay, but I can't recall.

Please, if you or someone you know could keep his cats for a few
weeks, or if you know someone who could help transport the cats, or if
you have any other ideas on what to do, please contact Howard (email
me for his phone number). He's at his wits' end.

Poor Howard!

There's not much help I can offer here. I might be a bit crazy and
say that, if someone could get the cats here, I don't suppose three
more for a few weeks will make *that* much of a difference. So it is
an option, if someone else could get them to me, I don't see why I
couldn't keep the cats -- just for a few weeks, mind you! (Last time
I said that, I ended up with the cats permanently!). So if no one
else can help with that, keep me in mind.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old May 7th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 6 May 2006 19:21:26 -0600, "Monique Y. Mudama"
wrote:

On 2006-05-06, Monique Y. Mudama penned:
[...]

Oops, should have read the update first.

Glad things are looking up.

I will purr that Mr. Clark lets himself be captured soon, and the rest
all works out.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old May 8th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Tish Silberbauer" wrote in message
On Sat, 6 May 2006 21:35:11 -0600, "Monique Y. Mudama"

On 2006-05-07, Monique Y. Mudama penned:

Mr. Clark still hasn't been captured; if he isn't by the time Howard
needs to leave, a friend of his in the Baltimore area has offered to
take Mr. Clark.

Mr. Clark is now safely home. There seems to be some question about
whether the aforementioned people really want to take on three cats,
but Howard sounded much better and hopes that he'll figure something
out tomorrow.

Great news!
Thanks for keeping us updated. I hope things improve for Howard very
soon and that his ex will take good care of the cats until he has
arranged to ship them to their new home. Mr Clark, Ding and Rhonda
are very much part of the RPCA family and we're all concerned that
they should be safe, happy and taking good care of Howard.

Tish

Please tell Howard we're thinking of him and purring for him and the
kitties!!!
Christine and Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker

Old May 8th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In article ,
wrote:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

I got an email from an associate of Howard Berkowitz asking me to call
Howard.

The short story: his car had a spectacular mechanical failure while
still in Arlington, and Howard spent a couple of days in the hospital.
Mr. Clark freaked out at the movers, ran out the door, and won't come
back.

I'm in Maryland, and although Rita will hate me for a few weeks, I'd
be willing to help somehow.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old May 8th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hi Helen,

I just emailed Monique to give her my phone numbers and get Howard's.
I tried to cc you at the address on the note, but it bounced back.
I hope to hear from her soon.

Debbie Berry

HRFLTiger wrote:

OK, here are my thoughts for what they are worth..

What Howard is looking for right now:

1a) Someone who could possibly keep his 3 cats at their house for
several weeks, giving him time to assemble the necessary paperwork for
the flight. He will also be back in VA in a few weeks, so he could
possibly drive back at that time.////

Debra Berry is also in that neck of the woods - she may be able to
help. Hopefully she'll see this - I have her email address if she
doesn't respond that I can pass on to you.

2) Any information on pet shipping services. He's looked into Jet A
Pet, which handles all the paperwork, and PetAir, which doesn't. He'd
like to hear about any experiences, cost, satisfaction, etc./////

American Airlines are pretty good - I'm not sure what their current
charges are, but they cost circa $300 for me to fly 2 large crates with
Pandora and Tiger from Houston to Washington DC. I think it's about
$80/$100 a pet accompanied. American are great with pets.

http://www.aa.com/content/travelInfo...horEvent=false

http://tinyurl.com/o9fvr

Although American only allow 2 pets as Cargo per passenger, there is
nothing to stop Howard taking the third cat in the cabin, I guess.

Good luck, and if I can help, let me know.

Helen M

Old May 8th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hi Debbie,

It's OK - it came through. )

We're having problems with our server at the moment, hence bouncy
emails!

Helen M

Old May 10th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-06, Monique Y. Mudama penned:

[...]

We continue to purr and send best wishes for Howard and his kitties,
Polonca and Soncek

Old May 12th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

I got an email from an associate of Howard Berkowitz asking me to call
Howard.

He's in a mess and needs advice, and if anyone is anywhere near
Virginia, possibly your help.

Poor Howard! He's in our purrayers... please keep us updated and let
us know if there's anything concrete that can be done to help him out
of his predicament (like a paypal contribution towards the feline's
airfares)...