Ripley and Cav go to the vets

Old May 9th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Ripley and Cav go to the vets

It's that time of year again, booster vacs, checkups and Program jabs. It's
a hot day here in Preston, and both cats were out on the lawn, lazing around
unsuspectingly when I wandered out and scooped them up, one at a time, and
shut them in the house whilst I got the carriers from the garage. They both
protested about going in, but didn't fight about it. Cav wailed piteously
all the way to the vets, and carried on when we got there. He didn't shut up
until we were actually in the room with the vet.

Cav's heart murmur is still there, no change thankfully, and otherwise he's
fine. He's an amazing cat, and I want him around for a few years yet. Ripley
is also in great shape, he's ten now, and a very 'well rounded' gentleman
whose tuxedo colouring and portly girth remind me of the other kind of 'fat
cat'. He hid his head under my arm whilst TED examined him. Meanwhile, Cav
was off exploring, he made straight for the window, which is screened,
locked and covered in notices. but is obviously, to him, OUT. The vet said
that he's the only cat ever to figure that out in her experience. I was
tempted to tell her about his trick last night, yowling at me until I stood
up to open the door, then jumping onto my chair, which is his favourite spot
at the moment. He's a little sod!

They're both out in the back garden now, in the shade, being entertained by
the magpies who again have decided to start a feud with them. Life is good.

Jeanette

Old May 9th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-09, Jeanette penned:

They're both out in the back garden now, in the shade, being
entertained by the magpies who again have decided to start a feud
with them. Life is good.

Glad they made it to the vet and back unscathed!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 10th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jeanette wrote:

They're both out in the back garden now, in the shade, being entertained by
the magpies who again have decided to start a feud with them. Life is good.

So glad to hear that your two gents are doing so well. I had to take
Caliban in for his one-year-old shots last week. The first couple of
times I took him on the bus, he was perfectly silent, and I thought I
had another angel traveller on my hands like Miranda, who also never
says a peep. But this time he yowled all the way there and back. Luckily
he still has a tiny kitten voice, so he wasn't heard in the next county
(like Frank with his deep throaty yowls used to). Scritches to Cav and
Ripley!

Old May 10th 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
Jeanette wrote:

They're both out in the back garden now, in the shade, being entertained
by
the magpies who again have decided to start a feud with them. Life is
good.

So glad to hear that your two gents are doing so well. I had to take
Caliban in for his one-year-old shots last week. The first couple of times
I took him on the bus, he was perfectly silent, and I thought I had
another angel traveller on my hands like Miranda, who also never says a
peep. But this time he yowled all the way there and back. Luckily he still
has a tiny kitten voice, so he wasn't heard in the next county (like Frank
with his deep throaty yowls used to). Scritches to Cav and Ripley!

Have you noticed the look of relief on the vet staff's faces when you have
had to board a loud mouthed cat like Frank (and our Sam years ago) and you
show up to take them home?

I know they are thinking "next time we put more sound-proofing in the cat
boarding area"

Jo

Old May 10th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
Jeanette wrote:

So glad to hear that your two gents are doing so well. I had to take
Caliban in for his one-year-old shots last week. The first couple of times
I took him on the bus, he was perfectly silent, and I thought I had
another angel traveller on my hands like Miranda, who also never says a
peep. But this time he yowled all the way there and back. Luckily he still
has a tiny kitten voice, so he wasn't heard in the next county (like Frank
with his deep throaty yowls used to). Scritches to Cav and Ripley!

Last week I boarded the bus with Rusty in his carrier. The bus driver told
me I couldn't get on the bus with a cat. So I ended up walking to the vet.
It is only a 10 min walk. But a carrier with a 8 lb cat inside was kind of
heavy
for me. I came home in a cab. Have to get a light weight carrier for such
trips.

Winnie

Old May 10th 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

W. Leong wrote:

Last week I boarded the bus with Rusty in his carrier. The bus driver told
me I couldn't get on the bus with a cat. So I ended up walking to the vet.
It is only a 10 min walk. But a carrier with a 8 lb cat inside was kind of
heavy
for me. I came home in a cab. Have to get a light weight carrier for such
trips.

Animals are allowed on buses here. Only if there's someone allergic on
the bus who insists that you leave do you have to leave.

Caliban weighs 5.2 kilos. I wouldn't be able to carry him in a normal
carrier. I have a Sherpa bag with a shoulder strap which makes it much
easier. But I'm a bit worried that he will figure out how to break out
of it. I wish there were some way to lock the zippers shut.

Old May 10th 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message

Heh. Actually, Frank never yowled in the vet's office, just on the bus.
They loved him at the vet's because he was so friendly and charming to
everyone. The few times I had to leave him at the vet's, they did say he
yowled a bit, but would stop if someone went and talked to him and give
him a scritch or two.

Same thing with Rusty. He would cried pitifully on the way to the vet.
Once the vet said he could hear Rusty before he came through the door.
But he was quiet once he was inside the clinic. He hissed at the vet when
his carrier was opened, and sometimes complained loudly during the exam,
especially if they needed an urine sample
He was his quiet self again once he was back in the carrier and on the way
home.
They told me he grumbled a bit when boarded at the vet's, but eventually
settled down.
Rusty is usually a very quiet cat. I could go for days without hearing a
meow out of him.

Winnie

Old May 11th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

LOL, Cav sounds like such a character. Glad your vet results were good.
Suz&Spicey

Old May 11th 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jeanette wrote:

[...]

Glad to hear all went well.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek