Tom Cat won’t breed with in-season queen!??

Old July 10th 08, 07:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

Default Tom Cat won't breed with in-season queen!??

"Phil P." wrote

Bu bu but didn't you already say you get your animals from shelters???
Your
sleazy guilt trip didn't even get off the ground. lol

Is there some reason why you seem to get off on insulting others? I have
not insulted you even once but you've deliberately done so to me several
times in just one evening.

This time you called me sleazy for adopting rescue pets?

I'm asking you again to let this newsgroup be as a nice place that it has
been for the 4 months or so I have been here. We dont need insults. It's
irrelevant if you have been here longer. It's only relevant how you act.

Old July 10th 08, 10:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"cshenk" wrote in message
"Phil P." wrote

Bu bu but didn't you already say you get your animals from shelters???
Your
sleazy guilt trip didn't even get off the ground. lol

Is there some reason why you seem to get off on insulting others?

Stop whining. You brought this on yourself by insulting me in your first
post to this thread.

I have
not insulted you even once

Yes, you have.

but you've deliberately done so to me several
times in just one evening.

Its still early.

This time you called me sleazy for adopting rescue pets?

That's not what I said. I said your guilt trip was sleazy.

Let me refresh your memory:

"It may however shy me off to use a breeder farm next time if folks like you
run shelters." and " I said in essense you shy me off shelters
with your attitude. I will use breeder cast offs only if you are a sample
of shelter attitudes."

Sounds like a sleazy threat or guilt trip to me. So you won't adopt a
shelter cat because you don't like my attitude towards people who support
breeding? I have a better idea: If you don't like my attitude, don't come
to my shelter. How's that?

I'm asking you again to let this newsgroup be as a nice place

Maybe you should have thought about that before you hit the send button on
your first post.

Old July 10th 08, 12:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet Boss

In article ,
Cheryl wrote:

Janet, you don't get the math. Or you know the wrong sort of people
to have pets.

I get the math very well. Responsible owners and responsible breeders
are not the ones filling shelters . Animal welfare should be about
education and keeping pets in homes and not IRRESPONSIBLY breeding them.
The more we just keep taking and thinking that everyone should not breed
and adopt "until there are none", the longer it will take for there to
be "none".

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old July 10th 08, 12:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet Boss

In article ygfdk.356$iU.123@trndny02, "Phil P."
wrote:

Yeah, like taking your class on shocking and chocking their dogs.... They're
a mixed bag, alright---

No choking, no shocking, but it you want to talk dog training, do that
on an appropriate forum.

Wow! You're really dense-- or you're an idiot. Its the not placing that's
the problem- its the BREEDING more animals.

It *is* placement. Appropriate placement means animals STAY in homes,
don't get irresponsibly bred and don't fill shelters. You aren't very
familiar with responsible breeding.

"Poorly bred and socialized animals"? You really are a dimwit. There are
millions of animals to choose from in shelters.

There are. And some may be suitable for many homes while others are
not. Personally, if I want and adult pet, I go the shelter or rescue
route. If I want a young (puppy or kitten) animal, I want to go with a
well bred and well socialized, and healthy animal from a responsible
breeder. I have both.

You're not the rescue type.

And you base this on??????? OOH - I know - total ignorance!

Old July 10th 08, 12:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet Boss

In article Sbfdk.355$iU.153@trndny02, "Phil P."
wrote:

Yeah- I'm a fanatic- I'm fanatical about preventing as many deaths as I can.

But your "logic" is illogical. If someone wants a well bred and well
socialized animal of a specific breed, they are NOT necessarily (in
fact, rarely) going to go to a shelter and adopt cat or dog "x".

You need to take your head out of your ass and take a walk through a kill
shelter on kill day- then see if you still think there's nothing wrong with
breeding more animals.

I've been spending many years in "kill" shelters TYVM. What do I see?
The castoff of the IRRESPONSIBLE. Education, education, education,
low-cost S/N, TNR, training, counseling. These are things that stop
filling shelters, not banning RESPONSIBLE breeding.

Old July 10th 08, 12:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet Boss

In article ,
Robotech_Master wrote:

But whether these people get
their purebreds or not doesn't affect whether shelter pets would get
rescued if they wouldn't want to rescue a shelter pet anyway.

Amazing that SOMEONE gets it!

I *do* want shelter or rescue animals. Sometimes. I want a well bred
puppy sometimes too. I have both. And I've done a helluva lot of work
for shelter and rescue animals as well. One does not need to adopt them
all to help them. There are a lot of collectors out there with savior
complexes though.

Old July 10th 08, 02:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"cshenk" wrote
What do you know about her other than your assumptions?

We have read Janet for years.

Old July 10th 08, 02:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Phil P." wrote in message

"cshenk" wrote in message
"Phil P." wrote
"cshenk" wrote in message

Yeah- I'm a fanatic- I'm fanatical about preventing as many deaths as I
can.

You need to take your head out of your ass and take a walk through a

kill
shelter on kill day- then see if you still think there's nothing wrong
with
breeding more animals.

Phil, this has been a nice group. I'm asking you to not try to change

that.

You haven't been here very long. If you support breeding, you won't find
it
so nice.

Some folks want pedigree animals. To assume they will just take anything
from the local pet pound is a mistake.

"Anything"? Poor choice of words for shelter animals.

There are millions of animals already here to choose from.

Anyone who could ever even just stand in a room at a single shelter
and see all the beautiful cats that need homes--just one shelter, with
a tiny fraction of the animals who suffer and die due to overpopulation--
and support breeders or breeding under any circumstances is not
someone I want to know.

Old July 10th 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet Boss

In article ,
"cybercat" wrote:

animals who suffer and die due to overpopulation--

You misspelled irresponsible owners.

Old July 10th 08, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"cshenk" wrote in message

special circumstance from a reputable breeder who didnt believe in killing
the occasional 'mistakes' (and they ALL have them)

OK, after writing the above, you can still be a proponent of breeding??!
It's OK for breeders to produce all these "defected cats" who are only
expected to live 5 years???! Your own words condemn you and argue against
you, you're just too dense to see it!

The Queen of Darkness gets everywhere! Lesley Cat anecdotes 3 July 23rd 07 01:20 AM
Dear Queen Nox....... Mischief Cat anecdotes 4 June 9th 07 12:23 AM
The Undisputed Queen Pat Cat anecdotes 3 March 19th 07 09:00 AM
Queen of The World! Marina Cat anecdotes 8 August 15th 03 05:08 PM