Advice pls: what to send my friend's cat who died

Old April 7th 09, 04:15 AM posted to alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sandi

Default Advice pls: what to send my friend's cat who died

[top post]

You say "picking every thought apart". Yes, I must take care
bit to do that unless asked to do so. Was just a bit worried
that she's so knocked by the grief that seemingly endless that
it may look attractive to her to follow her pet over the Rainbow
Bridge.

On Mon 06-Apr-2009 04:10, Granby wrote:

Once thing I have noticed about people who know they are going
to die, including my son, they want to believe there is a
Rainbow Bridge or something close. If you start picking every
good thought you have apart, you won't find what you are
looking for. The focus for this is her and the cat she loved.
My 2 cants worth. "Sandi" wrote in message
On Sat 04-Apr-2009 17:47, MLB wrote:

Sandi wrote:
I'm in the UK. My friend and her parents had a lovely
friendly cat at home for about 10 or 12 years. It died
earlier today.

Unfortunately I don't know the form for these occassions
(and I don't have any pets to guess what is the right thing
to do).

I am sure they will give him a "good" funeral, if that's
the word, because they loved him so much.

I don't live near them but I want to pay my respects. I'm
wondering what sorts of things I could mail them. Some
sort of card to the owner? To the deceased? Some object or
thing, notionally to the deceased cat?

Ideas, please, anyone.

Links to web stes which cover this area in details would be
welcome too.

Suggestion: Perhaps you could find a lovely copy of the
poem "Rainbow Bridge" for them. You can find this through
Google,. MLB

Posters have referred to Rainbow Bridge. I didn't realise
what it was until I googled.

I once heard a song call Rainbow Bridge. Guess I missed what
it was really about.

Not too sure about the happy part which depends on the owner
also dying. You never know exactly how much she may want to
hasten the reunion. You know what I mean. :-(

Old April 7th 09, 04:25 AM posted to alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Granby

You asked what we thought and you have been given some good ideas. If she
has a mental problem then something more serious should be taking place. We
all love our pets but, thankfully, few decide that following them is a good
idea.

Most of sit and wait knowing full well that at some point another furry
friend will come along in need and, maybe reluctantly we will provide that
need.