He's going to take another dive

Old July 15th 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default He's going to take another dive

I'm convinced that, at some point, Caliban will take another swim in the
ocean. He waltzes out on the jetty and hangs over the edge, just like he
did last summer. He doesn't seem to have learned anything.

The swallows have their nest under the jetty again, and this year, they
are very aggressive. They dive within inches of anyone, cat or human,
who ventures too close to their nest.

When Caliban goes out on the jetty and hangs over the edge, and a
swallow swoops down at him, he either jerks away, or he puts up a paw
after it, as if he's just going to pluck it out of the sky and into his
mouth. Every time he jerks away, I'm convinced he's going to fall in the
water. Then I have to work at swallowing my heart back in place.

I swear, if I didn't have white hair already, it would be turning gray.

Old July 15th 08, 03:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Marina" wrote in message
I'm convinced that, at some point, Caliban will take another swim in the
ocean. He waltzes out on the jetty and hangs over the edge, just like he
did last summer. He doesn't seem to have learned anything.

The swallows have their nest under the jetty again, and this year, they
are very aggressive. They dive within inches of anyone, cat or human, who
ventures too close to their nest.

When Caliban goes out on the jetty and hangs over the edge, and a swallow
swoops down at him, he either jerks away, or he puts up a paw after it, as
if he's just going to pluck it out of the sky and into his mouth. Every
time he jerks away, I'm convinced he's going to fall in the water. Then I
have to work at swallowing my heart back in place.

I swear, if I didn't have white hair already, it would be turning gray.

There have got to be little cat-sized life preservers somewhere.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 15th 08, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Jul 15, 9:39�am, "Kreisleriana" wrote:
"Marina" wrote in message

[...]

Stinky Pictures:http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh- Hide quoted text -

Maybe he's an Aquacat.
Suz&Spicey
Old July 15th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Marina wrote:
I'm convinced that, at some point, Caliban will take another swim in the
ocean. He waltzes out on the jetty and hangs over the edge, just like he
did last summer. He doesn't seem to have learned anything.

The swallows have their nest under the jetty again, and this year, they
are very aggressive. They dive within inches of anyone, cat or human,
who ventures too close to their nest.

That sounds like California mockingbirds! I had some nesting in the
bushes by my front porch (next to my neighbor's driveway). Because they
had a gated backyard, he'd pull his car into the drive to unload
groceries, load the kids for school, etc. It got so his kids were
afraid to get in and out of the car, because those birds would attack
anyone venturing into the driveway. I didn't think about them, one day
when I walked across to my neighbor's front door, until I felt a rap on
the top of my head, caused by a mockingbird's beak! (It HURT, too -
even if it didn't quite draw blood!)
Old July 15th 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:
"Marina" wrote in message
I'm convinced that, at some point, Caliban will take another swim in the
ocean. He waltzes out on the jetty and hangs over the edge, just like he
did last summer. He doesn't seem to have learned anything.

The swallows have their nest under the jetty again, and this year, they
are very aggressive. They dive within inches of anyone, cat or human, who
ventures too close to their nest.

When Caliban goes out on the jetty and hangs over the edge, and a swallow
swoops down at him, he either jerks away, or he puts up a paw after it, as
if he's just going to pluck it out of the sky and into his mouth. Every
time he jerks away, I'm convinced he's going to fall in the water. Then I
have to work at swallowing my heart back in place.

I swear, if I didn't have white hair already, it would be turning gray.

There have got to be little cat-sized life preservers somewhere.

That may be, and of course I've never met Caliban, but trying to get one
of MINE into such a thing would have us ALL in the lake!
Old July 15th 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Marina" wrote in message
I'm convinced that, at some point, Caliban will take another swim in the
ocean. He waltzes out on the jetty and hangs over the edge, just like he
did last summer. He doesn't seem to have learned anything.

The swallows have their nest under the jetty again, and this year, they
are very aggressive. They dive within inches of anyone, cat or human, who
ventures too close to their nest.

When Caliban goes out on the jetty and hangs over the edge, and a swallow
swoops down at him, he either jerks away, or he puts up a paw after it, as
if he's just going to pluck it out of the sky and into his mouth. Every
time he jerks away, I'm convinced he's going to fall in the water. Then I
have to work at swallowing my heart back in place.

I swear, if I didn't have white hair already, it would be turning gray.

Let's start a book on whether Caliban takes a swim again ;-) 10-1 on, I
start at..
In case the betting system is different world-wide from Britain, that's 10
chances he will against one he won't!
10-1 without the "on" means the reverse, worth a chance. 50-1, more than a
bit unlikely, 100-1 don't waste your money unless you think it's your lucky
day.
Who'd like to take a bet on Caliban taking a unintended swim fairly soon?
He is so much like Boyfriend, in looks, in greediness, in amiability and
sadly in not being quite the sharpest knife in the drawer. Fairly sharp but
not that honed edge ;-)

Tweed

Tweed

Old July 15th 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

I'm convinced that, at some point, Caliban will take another swim in the
ocean. He waltzes out on the jetty and hangs over the edge, just like he
did last summer. He doesn't seem to have learned anything.

The swallows have their nest under the jetty again, and this year, they
are very aggressive. They dive within inches of anyone, cat or human,
who ventures too close to their nest.

When Caliban goes out on the jetty and hangs over the edge, and a
swallow swoops down at him, he either jerks away, or he puts up a paw
after it, as if he's just going to pluck it out of the sky and into his
mouth. Every time he jerks away, I'm convinced he's going to fall in the
water.

Not an unfounded assumption. Maybe that's how he landed in the water
last year. You guys need a lifeguard out there!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 16th 08, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
message ...

Marina wrote:
[...]

Our Blue Jays regularly draw blood when attacking the cats. The cats
regularly retaliate by killing any fledgling jays that don't fly on
their first venture from the nest.

You would think the jays would quit nesting in our yard, but no. And
I'm very sure its they same jays year after year.

I think the last persistent set may have died of old age, none are
nesting in the Cyprus trees this year. First time in ages.

Jo

Old July 16th 08, 03:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
mouth. Every time he jerks away, I'm convinced he's going to fall in the
water. Then I have to work at swallowing my heart back in place.

Any chance you can shoot some video of that?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 16th 08, 04:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

This might be a dumb question but, not seeing well enough to shoot
video-----CAN YOU SHOOT VIDEO AND HAVE A HEART ATTACK at the same time