KFC today

Old July 12th 08, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_2_]

Default KFC today

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 01:47:42 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

Feeder mice from pet stores are close. And safer than wild caught
voles.

Why are they safer?

Cleaner - no tapeworms, or diseases; few if any fleas ... especially the
frozen ones.

--

T.E.D. ) MST (Missouri University of Science and Technology)
used to be UMR (University of Missouri - Rolla).

Old July 12th 08, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Christina Websell wrote:
I'm glad I didn't take the vet's advice about sending her to RB just yet.
She continues to drink her rehydration fluid in preference to plain water -
she has a choice. It has made a real difference to her, so thank you to
those who suggested it.

In. Freaking. Credible. I'm so happy that KFC rallies once again! I always
want to give her a cheer when i hear this kind of stuff. Like we used to do
at the football games in high school when some poor kid got hurt and you know
they had to carry his tuchas off the field, and he gets up and limps away
while being supported by the coach and captain. The hail-the-brave-warrior
thing, and KFC certainly is a fighter worth her cheers.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old July 12th 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Will in New Haven wrote:
On Jul 10, 2:31 pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
It's odd, I have no real problem with humans buying animals for
slaughter (so long as their parts are all packaged neatly in plastic
when I get them). I know cats are carnivores, who hunt live critters
and kill them for food, and I have no problem with that. But somehow,
the notion of buying live mice to feed them to a cat bothers me! (I know
it's inconsistent of me, but there you are.)

I would buy them pre-slain and frozen and then nuke one for a few
moments and, voila, you will have cooked dear KFC a lovely treat.
Buying a live one for Boyfie to kill for her would be unsporting.

Speaking of buying live critters, when I was in PetsMart today I saw a
case full of live "miniature crickets" on sale for nine cents apiece. I
couldn't help wondering "why?". I know people keep large tarantulas
(and even scorpions) for pets, but miniature crickets? (On the other
hand, that price would seem a bit high, if they were being sold as food
for other critters - they were definitely on the small side.)
Old July 13th 08, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nanny[_4_]

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" schreef in bericht

wrote:
[...]

I do know that people sometimes buy them for their pet skunks, and probably
for other pets too.

Nanny

Old July 13th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
rb

Christina Websell wrote:
I'm glad I didn't take the vet's advice about sending her to RB just yet.
She continues to drink her rehydration fluid in preference to plain water -
she has a choice. It has made a real difference to her, so thank you to
those who suggested it.
She is eating as well as a CRF kitty can. Turkey mince 12 secs in the
microwave goes down well. Tomorrow I will offer her beef mince.
What she really liked was when Boyfie brought her a vole on Sunday, she
scarfed it down in a minute and a half which produced a good litterbox
result the following day. I wish I could buy voles for her.

I am glad to hear that she is doing well. Kudos to Boyfie to stepping up
to the plate and providing Voles for KFC.

Purrs are continuing.

rrb

Old July 13th 08, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On 2008-07-12, Nanny wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" schreef in bericht
Speaking of buying live critters, when I was in PetsMart today I saw a
case full of live "miniature crickets" on sale for nine cents apiece.

I do know that people sometimes buy them for their pet skunks, and probably
for other pets too.

The crickets are lizard food, I think. You also can get powdered lime to
dust the crickets so the lizards get enough calcium.

Bud

Old July 13th 08, 04:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jul 12, 3:23*pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
?". *I know people keep large tarantulas
(and even scorpions) for pets, but miniature crickets? *

They're Tarantula food although they should never be fed when the
tarantula is moulting as they're sufficiently vulnerable for even a
small cricket to kill them

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old July 13th 08, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On 2008-07-12, Nanny wrote:

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" schreef in bericht
Speaking of buying live critters, when I was in PetsMart today I saw a
case full of live "miniature crickets" on sale for nine cents apiece.

I do know that people sometimes buy them for their pet skunks, and probably
for other pets too.

The crickets are lizard food, I think. You also can get powdered lime to
dust the crickets so the lizards get enough calcium.

You could also feed them to small Macaws. Buddy would eat them. Buddy
would also eat a _baby_ but they are sooo expensive.

--
Will in New Haven
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail
Old July 13th 08, 10:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Christina Websell wrote:
I'm glad I didn't take the vet's advice about sending her to RB just yet.
She continues to drink her rehydration fluid in preference to plain water -
she has a choice. It has made a real difference to her, so thank you to
those who suggested it.
She is eating as well as a CRF kitty can. Turkey mince 12 secs in the
microwave goes down well. Tomorrow I will offer her beef mince.
What she really liked was when Boyfie brought her a vole on Sunday, she
scarfed it down in a minute and a half which produced a good litterbox
result the following day. I wish I could buy voles for her.

I've been away for a few days, so I didn't see this until now. Yay for KFC!

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe

went to TED today Rusty Cat community 9 April 5th 08 10:08 PM
How is every ones' day going today NMR Cat anecdotes 18 January 18th 06 01:06 AM
Today Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 20 May 7th 05 01:04 PM
Today was a first. [email protected] Cat anecdotes 26 November 12th 04 09:05 AM
Today gracecat Cat anecdotes 52 October 13th 04 02:01 PM