No more Wellness

Old May 16th 05, 04:16 PM
---MIKE---

Default No more Wellness

Wellness is an excellent product and my cats like it BUT OMH has stopped
shipping it. My store has not been able to get any for several weeks.
Their supplier (P&P) have just started getting shipments and they are
already allocated to stores (not my store however) and say it could be
30 days before my store gets any. Tomorrow I plan to get several cans
of Whiskas, Friskies and Science Diet and see which ones my cats will
eat. If I am successful, I will continue to use what they like. I
don't mind paying the price for Wellness but the attitude of Old Mother
Hubbard and P&P has caused me to find another product.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old May 16th 05, 05:21 PM
MaryL

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Wellness is an excellent product and my cats like it BUT OMH has stopped
shipping it. My store has not been able to get any for several weeks.
Their supplier (P&P) have just started getting shipments and they are
already allocated to stores (not my store however) and say it could be
30 days before my store gets any. Tomorrow I plan to get several cans
of Whiskas, Friskies and Science Diet and see which ones my cats will
eat. If I am successful, I will continue to use what they like. I
don't mind paying the price for Wellness but the attitude of Old Mother
Hubbard and P&P has caused me to find another product.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I order mine online from PetFoodDirect (www.petfooddirect.com). They ship
promptly and do an excellent job of packaging. I signed up for their email,
and they often have discounts that basically pay for the shipping (but it
varies from 13 percent to 21 percent). I ordered last week with the 21
percent discount. It would be worth your time to call them, explain you are
a new customer, and ask them to search their data base for the best discount
you could receive. That is what I did the first time I ordered. I did
notice that they are out of stock on some varieties/sizes, but most is
available. This is a *far* better product than the ones you are
considering, so I hope you will give this type of ordering a chance.

MaryL

Old May 16th 05, 06:17 PM
---MIKE---

I called Pet Food Direct and as I expected, they are out of stock too.
My cats can't wait until the pipeline is full again so if they will eat
it, they will get "crap". None of the other quality foods are available
in my area.

Old May 16th 05, 06:33 PM
Elizabeth Blake

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I called Pet Food Direct and as I expected, they are out of stock too.
My cats can't wait until the pipeline is full again so if they will eat
it, they will get "crap". None of the other quality foods are available
in my area.

I have been ordering from PetFood Direct and do generally like the service.
Lately, I have noticed that some items have disappeared from their site.
Also, they take a full week or more before they ship an order, and then you
have to add shipping time on top of that. I'm on the east coast, so once
they finally ship an order I usually get it the next day. They also charge
your credit card as soon as you place an order, NOT when they ship, which I
really don't like.

I just received an order from them on Friday, but I think I may be going
local from now on, even if it means I have to drag my shopping cart out and
make time during work (nobody sells it where I live).

--
Liz

Old May 16th 05, 07:14 PM
MaryL

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I called Pet Food Direct and as I expected, they are out of stock too.
My cats can't wait until the pipeline is full again so if they will eat
it, they will get "crap". None of the other quality foods are available
in my area.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I just called PetFoodDirect. The person I spoke to said they do have some
Wellness, but she confirmed that their stock is very low and they don't have
a lot of varieties at this time. I asked for more information, and she said
they have recently had problems getting their orders filled.

This does sound like bad news. I'm going to investigate other premium
canned food, in case I need to make a change. Fortunately, I have a good
supply right now.

Incidentally, I have never had the problem with PetFoodDirect that Elizabeth
reported. They have always shipped within 2 days of my order.

MaryL

Old May 16th 05, 07:55 PM
---MIKE---

The food I wanted was the chicken flavor. They were out of stock on
that. I did find a store that carries Felidae and Solid Gold. I plan
to give these a try (along with the so called crap).

Old May 16th 05, 08:32 PM
cmtowle

Hi Mike,

We've had the same problem in Canada, but the retailers have been kept very
well informed by OMH re the problem (equipment failure). A couple of phone
calls to OMH directly have yielded extremely apologetic customer service
of course. I phoned today following your post and was told that shipments
should begin in two weeks. They are scrambling to get back to normal and I
suppose this could happen to any company. I know that if you don't have an
extra supply of the food and if this is the only food you feed, a couple of
weeks is no help at all. I don't know what you do get where you are as far
as premium foods, but a comparable grainless food is made by "Nature's
Variety" 'Prairie' with several different proteins available. Web site:
www.naturesvariety.com .

Hope this helps.

M.

Old May 16th 05, 09:21 PM
Joe Canuck

cmtowle wrote:

Hi Mike,

We've had the same problem in Canada, but the retailers have been kept very
well informed by OMH re the problem (equipment failure).

....and that is the problem with relying on a food from a small
manufacturer.

Something goes wrong and the food supply stops, where a larger outfit
will have a disaster plan in place to deal with situations like this and
not allow the supply lines to run dry.

A company can get into trouble very quickly when something like this
happens and they don't have a plan for dealing with it quickly.

i.e: cash flow issues, losing loyal customers when they find something
else, etc.
Old May 16th 05, 10:44 PM
cmtowle

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message
cmtowle wrote:

Hi Mike,

We've had the same problem in Canada, but the retailers have been kept

very
well informed by OMH re the problem (equipment failure).

...and that is the problem with relying on a food from a small
manufacturer.

Hi,

It's a real balance. On one hand, some of the smaller companies may well be
more meticulous than larger conglomerates as far as quality control
pertaining to all aspects of manufacturing a food is concerned. On the other
hand they might not have a contingency plan when something such as a major
equipment failure happens. This would be another reason to feed a variety of
foods whenever possible, so that a situation such as this one doesn't cause
panic in one's household.

Something goes wrong and the food supply stops, where a larger outfit
will have a disaster plan in place to deal with situations like this and
not allow the supply lines to run dry.

A company can get into trouble very quickly when something like this
happens and they don't have a plan for dealing with it quickly.

i.e: cash flow issues, losing loyal customers when they find something
else, etc.

Oh, I think OMH is well aware of that.

M.

Old May 16th 05, 10:52 PM
sfmary

Mike,
I bought a 12 lb bag of Wellness Super5 Mix for my cats from
http://www.animalworldnetwork.com/
They seem to have a large variety of Wellness products dry and canned
for cats and dogs. Perhaps they have what you need,

Mary