No more Wellness

Old May 17th 05, 03:48 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-05-17, Steve(JazzHunter) penned:

Felidae is quite close to the formulation of Wellness, as is Paul
Newman's. While completely different I use Eagle Pack and
once-poor, now quite good Fancy Feast, plus Solid Gold's
Katzenflocken. This because the supply of Wellness is also
inconsistent in my area.

You may think Felidae is similar to Wellness, but according to Oscar
they have nothing in common. She won't touch Felidae.

Me, I noticed that Felidae had a lot more rice than Wellness.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 17th 05, 05:01 PM
---MIKE---

I found out today that my store did have some cases of the chicken in
large cans. I bought a case so now I have enough for 28 days. In the
meantime I will see if Amber will eat some of the other brands I
purchased today.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old May 17th 05, 06:02 PM
---MIKE---

This afternoon I received phone calls from Beverly (customer service)
and Linda (sales rep) at Old Mother Hubbard. They are both concerned
about my not having enough cat food and were going to find a way to get
me some. As I posted earlier, I now have a 28 day supply (which I told
them) but I appreciate their efforts. They also assured me that the
canadian plant where the canned chicken is made is totally owned by
them.

Old May 17th 05, 08:07 PM
Sandra via CatKB.com

Phil P. is onto something....

I notice that my cat has been upchucking Wellness a lot recently,
especially if it is left to sit out more than an hour. Fish flavors cause
the most trouble. She also doesn't eat with as much gusto compared to how
she eats Pet Guard, Nutro wet foods

Following press release is from OMH website - problems could be caused by
growth:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++
Old Mother Hubbard® Realigns Manufacturing to Respond to Rapid Growth

Record Breaking Sales Leads to Increase in Production for 2005

Chelmsford, Massachusetts (January 27, 2005) - Old Mother Hubbard, a
leading national producer of highest quality, all-natural pet foods and
treats, has announced plans to realign its manufacturing operations to meet
the increasing demand for its Old Mother Hubbard and Wellness® brands. In
2004, Old Mother Hubbard experienced record sales, doubled the size of its
sales force, and increased its retail presence from 3,000 to 4,000
independent pet stores in North America.

"After reviewing the strategic sourcing needs for Old Mother Hubbard and
Wellness products, we have decided to expand operations with our long-time
East Coast and West Coast manufacturing partners and close our local
facility." said Jim Scott, CEO. Through these expanded partnerships, Old
Mother Hubbard will now be able to focus even more resources on new product
development and innovation, retailer support and consumer marketing. "We
remain dedicated to providing the healthiest pet food possible to our
valued business partners and consumers." added Scott.

"Unfortunately, and with deep regret, it is necessary that we close our
local manufacturing facility located at 80 Rogers Street in Lowell." said
Scott. Approximately 100 positions will be eliminated by mid-2005, as a
result of the closure. "We looked at every option possible to make this
plant more efficient in order to keep up with the growing demands in the
highly competitive pet industry," said Scott, "but there are three factors
that we just couldn't overcome: the inefficiencies associated with
operating on three floors, the lack of access to a rail line, and the
economics of operating in an older building. It was truly a very difficult
decision, but one that had to be made."

"As a family-operated business, we have strong relationships with all of
our employees, and we are committed to doing everything possible we can for
those whose jobs are being eliminated. We are working closely with the
Commonwealth's Division of Career Services to help those employees make a
transition to other employment as smoothly as possible." said Scott. The
company recently moved into new headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and is
preparing for continued rapid growth in 2005.

About Old Mother Hubbard
Old Mother Hubbard was founded in 1926. Under the leadership of the Scott
Family, the Massachusetts-based company is a leading provider of high-
quality pet foods and treats for cats and dogs. The company makes 100%
natural human grade pet food and treats, distributed primarily through
independent pet specialty and natural product stores. They have two
flagship brands: Wellness® brand dog food, cat food, treats and
supplements, and Old Mother Hubbard brand dog biscuits and treats. Old
Mother Hubbard continues to build on its long history of product excellence
and innovation, and follows true to its mission of providing unconditional
love and uncompromising nutrition for pets. Old Mother Hubbard can be found
on the Web at www.omhpet.com.

CONTACT:
Phil Pennellatore
617.536.3300
617.901.7136

Old May 17th 05, 08:36 PM
MaryL

"Sandra via CatKB.com" wrote in message
Phil P. is onto something....

I notice that my cat has been upchucking Wellness a lot recently,
especially if it is left to sit out more than an hour. Fish flavors cause
the most trouble. She also doesn't eat with as much gusto compared to how
she eats Pet Guard, Nutro wet foods

Canned pet food (any brand) should not set out for more than an hour. This
is especially true of fish. I would not want to keep canned food out, in
the same way that I don't let my own food remain out to become spoiled. I
*do* realize that cats outdoors eat just about anything, but I still suggest
that you try to limit the amount of non-refrigerated time for any canned
food. (Using ourselves as an analogy, our ancestors had to make do with
much less sanitary conditions than we expect for outselves -- but why take
risks?)

MaryL

Old May 17th 05, 09:22 PM
Sandra via CatKB.com

Does anyone make a refrigerated plate? Maybe if I place metal bowl on top
of two icepacks it will become cold and keep the food better, longer..Or
place metal bowl in ice water!

Old May 17th 05, 10:48 PM
---MIKE---

Does anyone make a refrigerated
plate? Maybe if I place metal bowl on
top of two icepacks it will become cold
and keep the food better, longer..Or
place metal bowl in ice water!

The problem with that is that most cats prefer the food warm. It has
more aroma that way.

Old May 18th 05, 04:49 AM

If you still want to stick with the Wellness.. I was surprised to find
that many of our local tack shops carry it. (I don't use it myself,
but know a number of people who do.) I don't know if you have any tack
shops nearby, but they might be worth a look.. ours are always well
stocked even when the pet shops are out.. I don't think people usually
think to look there. (I wouldn't have ever thought to check them out if
not for the fact that my having a rabbit necessitated going there.) A
lot of the smaller, privately-owned pet shops where I live carry it as
well.. might be something to look into, if you haven't checked them
already.

Old May 18th 05, 05:11 AM
bigbadbarry

If you still want to stick with the Wellness.. I was surprised to

find
that many of our local tack shops carry it. (I don't use it myself,
but know a number of people who do.) I don't know if you have any

tack
shops nearby, but they might be worth a look.. ours are always well
stocked even when the pet shops are out.. I don't think people

usually
think to look there. (I wouldn't have ever thought to check them out

if
not for the fact that my having a rabbit necessitated going there.)

lot of the smaller, privately-owned pet shops where I live carry it

as
well.. might be something to look into, if you haven't checked them
already.

I should be asleep, but this is what your post looked like viewing
"Titles Only"... eh eh

No more Wellness by

it's all about timing.