Do you know this cat? Reward

Old June 16th 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Outsider

Default Do you know this cat? Reward

"Riannon via CatKB.com" u42022@uwe wrote in news:85c6467f481b6@uwe:

......the dispicable owner who dumped her. I hope her little face
haunts him/her in their sleep, but I very much doubt it will.

Riannon

I would not discount anything but we _know_ the face will haunt Phil and
those who took care of her and that sucks.

Andy

Old June 17th 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

"cybercat" wrote in message
. com...

"Wendy" wrote

Here's my girl before her surgery
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368.../321490073.jpg

This one was taken the other day after she got her stitches out
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368.../321490071.jpg

She is yours now?

I'm fostering her.

Old June 17th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"Riannon via CatKB.com" u42022@uwe wrote in message
Phil P. wrote:
http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/Julie_reward.htm

When it comes to some humans and the way they treat animals nothing

surprises
me anymore but it always saddens me tremendously. We can only hope that
there is something in the end - someone or something that you have to

answer
to for your behaviour on earth to innocent creatures who did nothing to
deserve cruel treatment. Although this is very small consolation, at

least
she was found by you - who amazes me with his kind-heartedness and

knowledge -
which means that her last hours on this earth were spent with a person who
cared more about her than the dispicable owner who dumped her. I hope her
little face haunts him/her in their sleep, but I very much doubt it will.

They probably think they did they did the right thing. They probably think
they're compassionate people because they didn't leave her on the side of
the road or throw her in her carrier in a dumpster like a lot people do. I
guess I should to be thankful her owners left her in a safe place where she
would be found quickly. It could have been much worse. So, on a scale for
low-lifes of 1-10, (10 being the worst) they rate a 9.

Almost any vet would end an animal's suffering for no charge if the owners
couldn't pay rather than let the animal suffer. So, they have no excuse for
allowing her to suffer for so long.

Phil

Old June 17th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

In article 6CT5k.4503$WH.3700@trndny05, says...

Phil P. wrote:
[...]

A lot of animal shelters now charge you to drop a former pet off.

They should do for pets what they've done for infants. Instead of
prosecuting the pet owner or mother, make it a no-questions asked drop
off.

Old June 18th 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"T" wrote in message
. ..

A lot of animal shelters now charge you to drop a former pet off.

They should do for pets what they've done for infants. Instead of
prosecuting the pet owner or mother, make it a no-questions asked drop
off.

Some idiot thought charging a surrender fee would reduce the number of
animals surrendered to shelters by their owners. It did. Instead of
bringing their animals to a shelter, people dumped them on the side of a
road or in parking lots or wherever was convenient. Surrender fees are a
very bad idea. A lot of shelters try to talk the people into keeping their
pet by laying a guilt trip on them. It may work, temporarily,- until the
guilt trip wears off. Then, they'll just dump the animal somewhere so they
don't have to hear the guilt trip again.

Last week Channel 2 News and the regional newspaper in my area interviewed
us about how the economy was forcing people to surrender their pets to
shelters- or just dump them because they couldn't afford pet food and
veterinary care. They edited out the part where I said "these people need
to get their priorities in order. Its kinda hard feeling sorry for people
who drive up in a brand new Escalade or Navigator or some other big-ticket
car whining about not being able to afford pet food". I was ****ed- what
can I say?

Old June 18th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Phil P." wrote in message

"T" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

True. I've done without snack foods or restaurant lunches, along with
getting rid of premium cable subscriptions and a lot of other unnecessary
"luxuries" when our finances get tight - but the cats always have their
premium food and vet care. I don't know what it would take for me to have
to surrender one of my babies (maybe being homeless if things get really
bad - and here in the US that's happening more and more as our economy falls
apart).

To play devil's advocate, though. A lot of times things are going well for
a family so they have big cars and other things that are, to me, luxury
items - no problem with that if you can afford it. But then something
happens, a job gets lost, a major illness drains life savings, whatever, and
there they are stuck with those luxury items (those that haven't been
repossessed) but still have no money to live on (even selling a car won't
help because 1) nobody is buying big cars in light of the gas price hike,
and 2) they would still have to make the payments on the car because they
surely won't get the cost of pay-off of a new car by selling it as used).

The number of people losing their homes just now in the US is at crisis
proportions as the housing boom turns into a housing bust. The US economy
is falling apart like a house of cards - first the lending/mortgage crisis,
then unaffordable gas prices (which will filter down to the cost of
everything that gets transported across the US, which is everything), then
when businesses get hit because of that people will start losing their jobs
and it will just spiral down even more. One of the results of this is that
as more people lose their homes more pets will be surrendered - it's
heartbreaking. I really don't know what I'd do if that happened to me, I
don't even like to consider it.

Again, I'd skip my own food before giving up one of my clowder, but I don't
think that everyone has the same value system I have (nor do I think they
should), so I try to be understanding when I can. We probably just don't
know the story behind everything we see as being selfish or uncaring.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 23rd 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
gfc

On Jun 15, 12:05*pm, "Phil P." wrote:
http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/Julie_reward.htm

How horrible. When I read stuff like this it makes me wonder whether
seemingly normal looking people we see walking around are really
mentally deranged. I hope there is justice in this world and that
those monster get to suffer the same amount of pain that they
inflicted on that poor animal. I also hope you find the people you
are looking for. I can help you with the reward.

GFC