another Elvis update :(

Old February 21st 05, 10:51 PM
ElvisRocks

Default another Elvis update :(

Went to see him this morning. He's on an IV. He actually looks better I
guess from the fluids but now he's weaker - and he's not eating. He ate a
few pieces of tuna and chunky chicken off my fingers but that was it. He
wanted to eat but it seemed like it was too much of a bother. My vet said
they did the IVP dye test and gave him a little more than half what the test
is supposed to be because it is a risky procedure and that his other kidney
is not very good - so he wouldn't be able to do the surgery - also that they
saw stones in his bladder but that the kidneys are the issue. In other
words, he got a death sentence. He said I can bring him home tomorrow - he
wanted him to be on the IV another whole day/night and then I'd have to make
a decision. Needless to say, I've been hysterical.
My thoughts are to take him right from the vet, who is in Phila anyway, to
the Univ of Penna vet hospital and get a 2nd opinion.
If they concur, then, I will still be devastated but I'll know I did all I
could for my baby boy. I am so heartbroken. I don't know if I'm wrong in
putting him through anymore tests & things. If I lose him, itll be three
cats in a little over 4 years. My heart is just torn out. Carol

Old February 21st 05, 10:58 PM
Joe Canuck

ElvisRocks wrote:

[...]

I am sorry about your kitty.
Old February 21st 05, 11:09 PM
kitkat

ElvisRocks wrote:
[...]

Thinking of you Carol. As everyone here has said to me...do what YOU
think is right.

Hugs, purrs and love,
Pam

Old February 21st 05, 11:50 PM
kitkat

ElvisRocks wrote:
Why does it have to hurt so bad?

If only I had the answer to that question. The attachment we feel to our
pets simply can not be put into words. Hang in there...

By the way, I found that a pint of Ben & Jerry's is good medicine.

hth,
pam
Old February 21st 05, 11:53 PM
Phil P.

"ElvisRocks" wrote in message
[...]

Carol, I would have to get the second opinon from expert nephroligists at U
of P. I'd have to know beyond any doubt that he did not have a chance. I
made the mistake once many years ago and realized I made a mistake when I
read the necropsy report. That mistake still haunts me to this day. That's
why now I must know the cat didn't have any chance. That's just me, but I'll
respect whichever decision you reach.

My very best wishes,

Phil

Old February 21st 05, 11:55 PM
Phil P.

"ElvisRocks" wrote in message
Why does it have to hurt so bad?

Because they own such a big piece of our hearts.

Phil

Old February 21st 05, 11:59 PM
ElvisRocks

I feel I HAVE to go there and get their input. I couldn't live with myself
if I didn't.
I will probably just take him into the ER there after I pick him up
tomorrow.
Their ER is open 24/7 and I don't know exactly what time I'll get there to
make a
regular appointment.
Thanks.

Old February 22nd 05, 12:00 AM
ElvisRocks

My poor other cat, Randi, isn't eating well now. I know he's upset about
Elvis.
(Poor "little" Randi weighs in at about 18 lbs.)

"Phil P." wrote in message

"ElvisRocks" wrote in message
Why does it have to hurt so bad?

Because they own such a big piece of our hearts.

Phil

Elvis Update :( ElvisRocks Cat health & behaviour 32 February 20th 05 10:21 PM
OneTrueHome update Harri Cat community 8 November 27th 04 02:03 AM
Latest Crackles Update (appt moved up) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 2 July 12th 04 01:37 PM
Nice Update on B5's creator, J.Michael Straczynski & Buddy the cat Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 8 January 19th 04 12:01 PM
Persia as "Elvis" jmcquown Cat anecdotes 6 December 9th 03 07:03 PM