Elvis is gone :(

Old February 23rd 05, 09:50 AM
Lesley Madigan

"ElvisRocks" wrote in message ...
....and my heart is gone with him.

I'm sitting here tears streaming down my face. My thoughts are with
you. I've been following the thread and hoping for good news. Purrs to
you and Elvis as he crosses the bridge.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 23rd 05, 11:46 AM
Lorraine

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:10:46 -0500, "ElvisRocks"
wrote:

....and my heart is gone with him.

I'm so sorry. You did what you could for Elvis and I'm sure he knows
how much you loved him.

Lots of purrs,
Lorraine
Old February 23rd 05, 04:32 PM
Phil P.

"ElvisRocks" wrote in message
....and my heart is gone with him. I did take him to U of Penna. The
bottom line was that he was critically ill - his prognosis
no matter what was poor. For them to keep him in the ER tonite and IF he
lived the night, which they thought he may not, to transfer him to their

ICU
and do aggressive work on him would have been $3000-$4000. That was

without
a diagnosis, further treatment, surgery if necessary, and his prognosis

was
still poor. He was THAT sick. So I had to let him go. He was still
purring, looking into my eyes & I was petting him telling him how much

Ioved
him. It was horrible. I feel so guilty. He trusted me and I let him go.
They put him in a brown box and later today or tomorrow my husband will

bury
him with the other two I've lost in the last 4 years.
I just would like to crawl in there myself. I guess I did what most

people
would have done but I still feel so guilty.
I can't believe he's gone. I'm just going crazy now. Thank you all for
your advice & good thoughts. Elvis was the sweetest cat. He was my

buddy -
always around me. I just don't know what I'm going to do without him.

Carol,

Only his painful body is gone. His spirit is now all well and happy again
and living in a very special place in your heart. There he'll live happily
forever as long as you keep his spirit alive in your heart.

I hope you find peace in the knowledge that you were there for him and you
did the best thing for him when he needed you the most. Your memories of
him can't be clouded by guilt or doubts because you know you did everything
you could for him. He could not want more from his best friend.

Here's a special place I go to, I hope it will comfort you as much as it has
comforted me many times:

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Difficult to explain, but I feel a personal loss.

Please accept my deepest condolences.

Phil

Old February 23rd 05, 06:21 PM
ElvisRocks

Thank you Phil & everyone. We are burying him in a little while. I put
pictures of him and
the Rainbow Bridge poem, etc. on the box. My heart is just crushed.
I was glad I went to UP and was also glad that my vet had said the same
thing.
My vet's office called me today (UP had called them to fax bloodwork over) &
said I just had to get a 2nd opinion, which they totally understood & I said
I meant NO
disrespect to my vet, whom I've known for 30 years. So, tomorrow I'm taking
my other
cat, Randi, to get up to date shots because to adopt more kits they check to
see if
you're up to date, which he is not. My vet has a couple youngsters for
adoption!
Alot of people have emailed me - it is hard to explain how you feel you know
someone
and/or their pet in a short time.
I never really was the same after my Randall died and I am quite sure that
the same
will hold true now - even moreso. It's absolutely amazing what those
wonderful
creatures can do to our lives - and our hearts.
I miss him so much but I know I did the right thing by him. My heart will
be broken
forever, though. Thanks again.....Love, Carol

Old February 23rd 05, 07:33 PM
Mary

"ElvisRocks" wrote in message
Phil - that website was beautiful but I'm crying buckets again.

My heart goes out to you, Carol.

Old February 23rd 05, 08:07 PM
BuZZard

"ElvisRocks" wrote in
message ...
| ....and my heart is gone with him. I did take
him to U of Penna. The
| bottom line was that he was critically ill - his
prognosis
| no matter what was poor. For them to keep him
in the ER tonite and IF he
| lived the night, which they thought he may not,
to transfer him to their ICU
| and do aggressive work on him would have been
$3000-$4000. That was without
| a diagnosis, further treatment, surgery if
necessary, and his prognosis was
| still poor. He was THAT sick. So I had to let
him go. He was still
| purring, looking into my eyes & I was petting
him telling him how much Ioved
| him. It was horrible. I feel so guilty. He
trusted me and I let him go.
| They put him in a brown box and later today or
tomorrow my husband will bury
| him with the other two I've lost in the last 4
years.
| I just would like to crawl in there myself. I
guess I did what most people
| would have done but I still feel so guilty.
| I can't believe he's gone. I'm just going crazy
now. Thank you all for
| your advice & good thoughts. Elvis was the
sweetest cat. He was my buddy -
| always around me. I just don't know what I'm
going to do without him.

Elvis has left the building.

Old February 23rd 05, 08:24 PM
BuZZard

"ElvisRocks" wrote in
message ...
| Phil - that website was beautiful but I'm crying
buckets again.

Do yourself a favor.. back away from the computer
for a while..
go pick out a kitty.. and then come back with
happy stories..
mkay?

Old February 23rd 05, 08:35 PM
ElvisRocks

I'll spare you my wrath, asshole! I'm sure my friends here will
rip you a new one for me. Troll!

"BuZZard" wrote in message

"ElvisRocks" wrote in
message ...

Old February 23rd 05, 08:49 PM
Phil P.

&
said I just had to get a 2nd opinion, which they totally understood & I

said
I meant NO
disrespect to my vet, whom I've known for 30 years.

Carol, your loyality was to Elivis - not any vet. Had you not taken him to
UP, you would have been second guessing and doubting your decision for the
rest of life.

So, tomorrow I'm taking
my other
cat, Randi, to get up to date shots because to adopt more kits they check

see if
you're up to date, which he is not. My vet has a couple youngsters for
adoption!

The best tribute you could pay to Elvis is saving another cat's life. You
might want to consider adopting a cat from a kill-shelter's death row
instead of from your vet. This way you'll be directly saving a cat's life.
It would be like Elvis only moved on to make room in your heart and home to
save a precious life that is about to end. To me, this gives a dearly loved
cat's passing, meaning.

Alot of people have emailed me - it is hard to explain how you feel you

know
someone
and/or their pet in a short time.

I know exactly what you mean.

I never really was the same after my Randall died and I am quite sure that
the same
will hold true now - even moreso. It's absolutely amazing what those
wonderful
creatures can do to our lives - and our hearts.

I, for one, know cats have enriched my life beyond description. I couldn't
imagine living without cats - I wouldn't want to.

I miss him so much but I know I did the right thing by him.

Knowing you did the right thing and the best thing will keep your memories
clear of guilt and doubt. You memories of him will bring a smile and joy
perhaps a tear, but never a doubt.

My heart will
be broken
forever, though.

I'm not sure if time heals or if we just get used to the pain.

Thanks again.....Love, Carol

Take care, Carol.

Best of luck,

Phil

"Phil P." wrote in message

[...]

another Elvis update :( ElvisRocks Cat health & behaviour 22 February 23rd 05 10:47 AM
Elvis Update :( ElvisRocks Cat health & behaviour 32 February 20th 05 09:21 PM
More Pix on Elvis site Bev Cat anecdotes 18 September 21st 04 08:23 PM
Elvis is Alive Bev Cat anecdotes 6 September 20th 04 08:24 PM
Persia as "Elvis" jmcquown Cat anecdotes 6 December 9th 03 06:03 PM