Do you know this cat? Reward

Old June 16th 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Do you know this cat? Reward

"Phil P." wrote
There's not much I can do, legally... but that still leaves a whole lot
that
I can do. I just can't let what happened to this cat go.

Phil, be careful.

Old June 16th 08, 05:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Wendy" wrote

Here's my girl before her surgery
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368.../321490073.jpg

This one was taken the other day after she got her stitches out
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368.../321490071.jpg

She is yours now?

Old June 16th 08, 05:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"dejablues" wrote in message

Jesus Christ! Just when you think you've heard the worst, a story like

this
comes along!

Take a look at Bitsy the black & white cat and the 2 dogs we rescued
http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters.htm One of the dogs, Rusty, was trying
to drag himself to the side of road after being hit by car when anther car
swerved to hit him again intentionally. He's ok, now.

Poor, poor kitty girl.

I shudder to think what they did to her because she was aggressive from the
pain.

Old June 16th 08, 06:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"cybercat" wrote in message
. com...

"Phil P." wrote
There's not much I can do, legally... but that still leaves a whole lot
that
I can do. I just can't let what happened to this cat go.

Phil, be careful.

Thanks. I'm not stupid. I know what to do and how to do it when the time
comes.

I've been at a rolling boil all month. I'm sick to death of assholes.

We've had 5 returns of doubles- brothers and brother & sister- all after a
year to year and a half- all because of "allergies". All those people were
in their 30s to 50s- and didn't know they were allergic to cats? --- and it
took over a year of living with cats to realize they're allergic? Not one
had any symptoms when they returned the cats. Only one cried. Once actually
asked for part of the adoption fee back.

http://maxshouse.com/Adoptions/JillJoJo-web.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Adoptions/MiloMoli-new_b.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Adoptions/NicholasDustin.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Adoptions/ApolloPandora_18mos.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/zak__aidan_feature.htm (adopted)

I'm more worried than happy when a cat gets adopted because I'm afraid the
adoptives might turn out like the slime that dumped Julie.

Old June 16th 08, 01:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Phil P. wrote:

Take a look at Bitsy the black & white cat and the 2 dogs we rescued
http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters.htm One of the dogs, Rusty, was trying
to drag himself to the side of road after being hit by car when anther car
swerved to hit him again intentionally. He's ok, now.

Oh, Phil... I have no words. I am both deeply saddened and murderously
angry.

I shudder to think what they did to her because she was aggressive from the
pain.

The thoughts of what I would like to do to such people aren't pretty.

Phil, this is all so horrific, and I can only glimpse the range of
emotions you must go through on a regular basis (as I sit here with
tears in my eyes). Please never lose sight of just how crucially
important the work you do really is. You truly are a saint and savior
to those poor creatures. THANK YOU.
Old June 16th 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Wendy wrote:

We found this group when we were following up on a phone call about kittens
at that location. We didn't find any kittens. Apparently employees of
surrounding businesses had taken the kittens home already. What we did find
is infuriating me. There are people back there who have been feeding for a
few years. They were aware of one particular kitten who's leg got broken
LAST SUMMER when she was just a small kitten. The idiots left her out there.
When we were talking to them trying to find out how many cats were there,
who had been pregnant recently etc. they told us that we were butting in
where we weren't wanted and that they didn't need our help. We've been
trapping anyway and managed to lure the kitty with the broken leg into a
trap on Memorial Day. She had to have the leg amputated a few days later.
Those *******s left her out there with a chronic infection in the broken leg
for over a year and had the brass to tell us they didn't need our help. I
don't know if the leg could have been saved if they had acted promptly or
not but she would have been younger and probably easier to socialize.

Here's my girl before her surgery
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368.../321490073.jpg

This one was taken the other day after she got her stitches out
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368.../321490071.jpg

How you didn't smash heads over this is beyond me. I want to thank you
for the work you do, too, Wendy.
Old June 16th 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
free.teranews.com

"Lynne" wrote
Phil, this is all so horrific, and I can only glimpse the range of
emotions you must go through on a regular basis (as I sit here with tears
in my eyes). Please never lose sight of just how crucially important the
work you do really is. You truly are a saint and savior to those poor
creatures. THANK YOU.

I felt exactly the same way. Phil is made of stronger stuff than I am, and
it is a good thing someone is.

Old June 16th 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"Lynne" wrote in message
m...
Phil P. wrote:

[...]

I have some help staying focused:

http://maxshouse.com/kittens_June_14.htm

Old June 16th 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"cindys" wrote in message

--------
My stomach is churning, and I can't stop crying.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

My stomach is in knots in every adoption- whether I'm present or not-
because I never know if the adoptives will turn out to be assholes like
Julie's. No matter how thoroughly we screen and investigate a prospective
adoptive, its still a crap-shoot. I've rejected "perfect" applications on
nothing more than a gut feeling. As much as I don't want to place cats in
the wrong homes, I also don't want to prevent them from getting a good home.
Situations like this one with Julie, makes me even more apprehensive. How
do you think the person who placed Julie would feel if s/he knew what
happened? I know how I would feel.

Phil

Old June 16th 08, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Riannon via CatKB.com

Phil P. wrote:
http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/Julie_reward.htm

When it comes to some humans and the way they treat animals nothing surprises
me anymore but it always saddens me tremendously. We can only hope that
there is something in the end - someone or something that you have to answer
to for your behaviour on earth to innocent creatures who did nothing to
deserve cruel treatment. Although this is very small consolation, at least
she was found by you - who amazes me with his kind-heartedness and knowledge -
which means that her last hours on this earth were spent with a person who
cared more about her than the dispicable owner who dumped her. I hope her
little face haunts him/her in their sleep, but I very much doubt it will.

Riannon