Latest on The Dust

Old November 25th 03, 07:44 AM
LOL

"TJ and The Dust" wrote in message ...
TED finally called with the thyroid tests today. They came back A-OK. So his
thyroid is good, his kidneys are good, his liver levels were elevated, his eye
isn't healing up, he lost a tooth, he has a galloping heart beat and high blood
pressure.

Could just be heart disease. Not much we can do. I am going to have his chest
x-ray'd to see if his heart is enlarged. If it is then it's pretty obvious, if
not we will continue to treat the hypertension and see how it goes. I am going
to finish up the eyedrops and give her a call on Friday to set up the X-ray.
TED and I talked and she doesn't seem to think he is an unhealthy kitty by any
means. She is just stating the facts. Because he is eating and drinking just
fine, taking his medicines like a good boy and is much less lethargic she
doesn't see any need for any evasive testing. So I'm not sure what's wrong with
The Dust. He's just moving into his senior years and I will be here to make
them as comfortable, loving and fun as I can.

I know that Dusty is getting back to his rotten self because last night he
"postured" with DH over who was going to use up most of the ottoman. Dusty was
oozed out over about 3/4 of it and DH had his feet on the very, very edge. DH
attempted to gain more ground and Dusty attacked like a rattlesnake and sank his
teeth right into DH's foot. I asked him if it hurt as much, I mean, after all
he only has 3 canines to dig in with now. DH just gave me a dirty look, Dusty
jumped off and hmmmfffdd his way to the food bowl only to return 2 minutes later
to reclaim his space. DH didn't budge so now Dusty had to hang off the edge.
LOL.

TJ

I am glad to hear that TED thinks Dusty is reasonably healthy; we will
keep on sending him back-to-normal purrs, and soothing purrs to his
worried mom.
------
Krista
Old November 25th 03, 08:10 AM
TJ and The Dust

TJ and The Dust wrote:

TED finally called with the thyroid tests today. They came back A-OK. So

his
thyroid is good, his kidneys are good, his liver levels were elevated, his

eye
isn't healing up, he lost a tooth, he has a galloping heart beat and high

blood
pressure.

I didn't know cats GOT high blood pressure! (One learns something new
every day.) Purrs and prayers for your baby, whatever the problem is.

Who knew. I have done a lot of research on the internet and it's surprisingly
common and can set off numerous secondary problems. Leading one is sudden
blindness when the retina detaches from the eye. I have been taking Dust to a
"cat only" vet and they had the equipment to take his blood pressure. Not all
vets have this. They shaved his back leg and put the little cuff around it.
Then we waited a bit for him to get comfy and calm then they take the readings
much like they do in humans. His blood pressure was borderline so it's not way
out there.... he is taking Norvasc, which is the same stuff my grandma takes for
her hypertension. He only gets 1/2 of the pill a day. Since he is almost 15
pounds this is okay. In cats they recommend a 1/4 of the tablet for 10 pounds
and under of cat. This pill is so teeny I am glad I can just halve it. I don't
even have to pill him I just slip it in with the wet food and he inhales it!

TJ

Old November 25th 03, 08:31 PM
polonca12000

Hoping and purring that Dusty is having high blood pressure which can be
controlled by medicine,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"TJ and The Dust" wrote in message
TED finally called with the thyroid tests today. They came back A-OK.

So his
thyroid is good, his kidneys are good, his liver levels were elevated, his

eye
isn't healing up, he lost a tooth, he has a galloping heart beat and high

blood
pressure.

Could just be heart disease. Not much we can do. I am going to have his

chest
x-ray'd to see if his heart is enlarged. If it is then it's pretty

obvious, if
not we will continue to treat the hypertension and see how it goes. snip

Old November 25th 03, 09:04 PM
Adrian

TJ and The Dust wrote:
[...]

Purrs for you and Dusty.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old November 26th 03, 01:11 AM
SUQKRT

In article , "TJ and The Dust"
wrote:

attempted to gain more ground and Dusty attacked like a rattlesnake and
sank his
teeth right into DH's foot. I asked him if it hurt as much, I mean, after
all
he only has 3 canines to dig in with now. DH just gave me a dirty look,
Dusty
jumped off and hmmmfffdd his way to the food bowl only to return 2 minutes
later
to reclaim his space. DH didn't budge so now Dusty had to hang off the
edge.
LOL.

I'm really glad Dust is getting back to his old self.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.
Old November 27th 03, 04:17 PM
Christine Burel

[...]

Glad to hear Dusty is feeling "frisky" again -- it's hard to grow old; he's
very lucky to have loving slaves like you, TJ.
Christine