"Where'd he go?"

Old September 6th 04, 08:18 PM
Cheryl

Default "Where'd he go?"

I have a big oak tree in my front yard that is dropping acorns
already, by the dozens. So of course there are squirrels busily
getting ready for winter. Bonnie and Shamrock are on their window
perches and I swear it is like watching people watch a tennis match.
Heads go right together, then both look up, eyes and heads following
the movements of a squirrel that has climbed on the roof and running
along the gutter (I saw a squirrel doing that when I was outside
working otherwise wouldn't have guessed that's what they were
watching). Then the squirrel must have gone on the roof out of their
line of sight because both kitties turned their heads toward the
*inside* of the house looking up at the ceiling in unison. Silly
kitties.

--
Cheryl
Old September 6th 04, 10:34 PM
mlbriggs

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 14:18:41 -0500, Cheryl wrote:

I have a big oak tree in my front yard that is dropping acorns
already, by the dozens. So of course there are squirrels busily
getting ready for winter. Bonnie and Shamrock are on their window
perches and I swear it is like watching people watch a tennis match.
Heads go right together, then both look up, eyes and heads following
the movements of a squirrel that has climbed on the roof and running
along the gutter (I saw a squirrel doing that when I was outside
working otherwise wouldn't have guessed that's what they were
watching). Then the squirrel must have gone on the roof out of their
line of sight because both kitties turned their heads toward the
*inside* of the house looking up at the ceiling in unison. Silly
kitties.

Do they have a nest in the attic? MLB

Old September 6th 04, 10:54 PM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", mlbriggs
artfully composed this message within
news

Do they have a nest in the attic? MLB

I don't know! There is no way they could get in from where the one
disappeared up on the roof. Any openings have been sealed (soffet
around the front door was the only place birds or squirrels could get
in before) but it's been a long time since I've even looked in the
attic. Good thinking though. I guess I better have someone check it
out.

--
Cheryl

Old September 6th 04, 11:50 PM
Bill Stock

"Cheryl" wrote in message
I have a big oak tree in my front yard that is dropping acorns
already, by the dozens. So of course there are squirrels busily
getting ready for winter. Bonnie and Shamrock are on their window
perches and I swear it is like watching people watch a tennis match.
Heads go right together, then both look up, eyes and heads following
the movements of a squirrel that has climbed on the roof and running
along the gutter (I saw a squirrel doing that when I was outside
working otherwise wouldn't have guessed that's what they were
watching). Then the squirrel must have gone on the roof out of their
line of sight because both kitties turned their heads toward the
*inside* of the house looking up at the ceiling in unison. Silly
kitties.

Smokey does this with the squirrels, except in her case it's an interactive
sport. The kitchen window(s) is about 12' long and she will chase the
squirrel (outside) along the window sill rattling the vertical blinds as she
goes. Then it's into the family room and up into the window beside the
fireplace and then into the window on the other side of the fireplace. Until
the squirrel climbs the chimney out of sight.

Old September 7th 04, 03:14 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old September 7th 04, 03:14 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old September 7th 04, 03:51 AM
Marina

Cheryl wrote:

I have a big oak tree in my front yard that is dropping acorns
already, by the dozens. So of course there are squirrels busily
getting ready for winter. Bonnie and Shamrock are on their window
perches and I swear it is like watching people watch a tennis match.
Heads go right together, then both look up, eyes and heads following
the movements of a squirrel that has climbed on the roof and running
along the gutter (I saw a squirrel doing that when I was outside
working otherwise wouldn't have guessed that's what they were
watching). Then the squirrel must have gone on the roof out of their
line of sight because both kitties turned their heads toward the
*inside* of the house looking up at the ceiling in unison. Silly
kitties.

LOL! I have a photo of Frank and Nikki doing that. They're sitting in
the window at my mother's and watching a bird or something. I'll have to
scan it if I can find it.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki