Christmas Eve at Culzean Castle

Old December 28th 11, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance[_2_]

Default The Winking Begins

[Sundance hugs and smooches Pitoonya]

Ize sorree, Sweetee! Da dum sekkaterry sez she haz bin bizzee wif uther
fingz. Not only dat, but evin tho she knowed dat Jack an Trudi were gettin
winked on Kissamouse Eve, she wuz gon awl dat day!

Oh, an I lubz da potteree yoo pikked owt fur da happee kupple! It takez a
girlkittee wif yurown gud taste to find sumfing nice like dat.

Sundance

"Pi2nya AKA Sweetee" wrote in message
Yu Betcha!
kum heer an gib me uh hug anna smootsh!
I've bin postin furr boff ov us, but wurryin bowt yu an yur'z.
How-a-bowt yu stay tyll givt given, den spend tyme wiff 'da boiz?
--
Pitô.ônya, releevt tu heer frum hur wink

"Sundance" wrote in message
Ooh, a dunjin! Yes, I fingk we better esplor itself -- dere kud be
danjerus greeblingz or sumfing in dere an we wudnt want dem gettin owt an
botherin da kitteez at da wedwink. Juss lemme make shur Toonya will be OK
wile we iz gon -- da sekkaterry haznt postid heer fur a fyoo daze, and
Toonya mite need sumfing first.

Sundance

"Gramby" wrote in message
O T approaches Ranger, Sundance, and Chester. Hey frenz afore we lebez
diz Kastle, we hazta have a venure. I wented down to da ole dungeon las
nite ann up in da center turret. Later when diz iz all settled, we hazta
hab a ventrue anna go xplorink. How bot it u guyz in?

"Community Cats" wrote in message

As the pipers fall silent Anuit stands before the couple.

Anuit: Greetings, my friends and family. On this Kissamouse Eve of the
year 2011 we come together to join Trudi of the house of Asher/Grass and
Jack of the house of Gordon as they declare their devotion to each other
and their desire to share their lives with each other. As has been the
way of felinity through all the ages, we all find a need to share time
with others. Some among us are fortunate enough to find one special cat,
one cat who at the same time calms and ignites our own heart. Trudi has
found that in Jack, and Jack in Trudi. The majority of us present have
had "fixed what wasn't broken", so the drive to procreate our species
has
eased, but we still crave the comfort and support that is gained from
having one special kitty in our lives.

Trudi has shown a great awareness of this need in the feline heart for
many years, having been the maintainer of the 'scort book. She has also
wisely arranged some wonderfully successful matchups, and it is very
refreshing to see her enjoying the fruit of the very effort she tended
so
carefully.

Jack has been a stalwart of the community, being an active participant
for a great many years. He has shown himself to be a reliable, caring,
responsible mancat, and has become a dear friend to many. I can't think
of a mancat more deserving of the kind of union we celebrate tonight.

Together, Jack and Trudi have shown a great compassion for each other. I
believe that all of us here are delighted to see them able to join each
other.

Now, before this entire Community, I ask all assembled: Does any cat
present know of any reason why this mancat and this ladycat should not
be
winked?

[The entire room is silent. Harri Roadcat, Ranger, Pipps, and a handful
of other cats meow "Goodness No!"]

No objections were heard, as is proper. Who gives this girlcat to be
wed?

[Mathhew Harold and Chester both stand, and meow "We do, with no
reservations"]

Jack Gordon, do you take Trudence to be your winkmate, to spend the rest
of your days with? To love and protect and smurgle and nose-touch, to
keep warm and dry, in health and in infirmity? To clean her ears and
face
whenever needed?

[Jack replies with just a hint of trembling in his voice:] I do!

Trudence, do you take Jack to be your winkmate, to spend the rest of
your
days with? To love and protect and smurgle and nose-touch, to keep warm
and dry, in health and in infirmity? To clean her ears and face whenever
needed?

[Trudi replies with fair bit of trembling in her voice:] I do!

Jack, do you have vows you wish to recite to Trudence?

Jack: Miz Trudi, i'z not real good at speechmaking, an I'z not as young
an spry as I useded to be, but I diz luf you wif all mine heart. I can't
guarantee how many more years I'z gotsz, but dey's all yours. I am da
most fortuante mancat in da Community, having finded da girlcat of mine
dreams. I'z wil do da bestest I can to make yourownself happy fur as
long as I can.

Anuit: Trudence, do you have vows you wish to recite to Jack?

Trudi: ursef iz an honerable mancat so i will honor ursef by stayin
faful
alla dayz of mine life. ursef is kind so i will be az kind to ursf and
urown famblee az i kan. ursef iz generuz so i will endeafor to be
generuz
wif mine friendship, lof anna nip. I wated a long, long time to find the
rite mankitty, diz time wif ursef juzt profez bazt knowz whut iz da
rite
thing, I iz gwad i wated.

Anuit: My brothers and sisters, Jack and Trudence have pledged their
love
and devotion to other before Bast and this community. We, their extended
family, are delighted that they have found each other and that they have
committed themselves to each other. By the power vested in me as High
Priestess of Bast, I know pronounce these two kitties to be winkmates.
Jack, you may now smurgle the bride.

Lady cats and gentlecats, I now present to you Jack and Trudence Gordon!

[Jack gives Trudi a nose-touch and a smooch, and a great big hug. He
then
draws his sgian dubh and very careful severs the ends of Trudi's sash
and
his own sash, then ties them together.

The pipers have moved from the back of the room to the front, and they
assemble in front of Jack and Trudi. A pair of drummers join them, and
the combined pipe/drum band plays "Scotland The Brave" then precedes
Jack
and Trudi down the aisle.

As the bride and groom leave the room the rest of the cats stand and
applaud and meow, then start to file out of the room.]