Back with purrs and cat reports

Old November 5th 03, 04:11 PM
Karen

Default Back with purrs and cat reports

I was at mom's for several days. It was good to see her. She seems mostly to
be doing better although yesterday she wound up at emergency as she wasn't
feeling good. All tests looked good, but her heartbeat was down to between
45 and 60 even at a walk so they have cut back on the Solatol (beta pace??)
thinking this is the problem. I hope so. I'm supposing it takes a while to
get all the meds at a good level? It is rather depressing. She doesn't even
have to change much of her lifestyle as she was leading a very heart healthy
style before all this, which is really depressing for her. I mean if you do
everything right and still have trouble it seems pretty futile.

On the cat front, got to play with her kitties. Nermal, the 15 y.o., seemed
perkier than I have seen her in sometime. She lets mom brush and comb her
all the time and so is staying knot free. It took 15 years to get this
persian used to grooming, but now she seems to realize it makes her feel
better. Skinny as a rail as usual but doing well.

Tycho is a big orange and white puffball she took in right after her last
hospital experience two years ago. He's just a sweetie. You can hold him
like a baby and he is terribly patient with Petrus who is still a rough
housing kitten at 1.5 years. He's a good big brother.

Petrus has to be the most unusual cat I've ever seen. He is short haired
with big shoulders and a skinny, skinny butt. He has VERY long legs and
toes. I've never seen such toes on a cat. He is more like a monkey. He can
walk on a one inch rod with ease. He is mostly white with dark grey
splotches. He reminds me of the cats you see in Japanes paintingss (except
they are usually round but he is way skinny and ALL muscle). He's a real
love dove. His back legs are longer than his front, rather rabbit like. He
is the most flexible cat I've ever seen too. He was sleeping on the cat tree
with one arm twisted clear up behind him like it was totally natural and
when he curls in half, his spin is not the gentle u shape you usually see
but actually very severe, like the bend in a paper clip.

The cats did well while I was away, so now I don't need to worry about
leaving them with a sitter. Pearl has been a total leech since I've been
back much to my surprise. I didn't think she liked me that well!

So many posts that I cannot keep up but I send out general purrs to those in
need and congratulations to the new kitties and husbands in the group.

Karen

Old November 5th 03, 05:55 PM
Marina

"Karen" wrote
I was at mom's for several days.

Welcome back, Karen. Let's hope the medication was what caused your mother's
discomfort, and that it is sorted now. Purrs to that end. Glad to hear that
the cats were alright while you were away. Maybe Pearl thinks you left to
punish her for making trouble? ;o)

--
Marina

Old November 5th 03, 07:02 PM
Karen Chuplis

"Marina" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote
I was at mom's for several days.

Welcome back, Karen. Let's hope the medication was what caused your

mother's
discomfort, and that it is sorted now. Purrs to that end. Glad to hear

that
the cats were alright while you were away. Maybe Pearl thinks you left to
punish her for making trouble? ;o)

--
Marina

Oh, she's still sassy

Old November 5th 03, 07:50 PM
polonca12000

I do wish your mom would start to feel better really soon. Did your medical
appointment go well, Karen? I'm glad your mom's kitties and your kitties are
getting along well, that's great.
Purrs and best wishes for your mom, Karen,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Karen" wrote in message
I was at mom's for several days. It was good to see her. She seems mostly

be doing better although yesterday she wound up at emergency as she wasn't
feeling good. snip

Old November 5th 03, 09:00 PM
Takayuki

Karen wrote:
I was at mom's for several days. It was good to see her. She seems mostly to
be doing better although yesterday she wound up at emergency as she wasn't
feeling good. All tests looked good, but her heartbeat was down to between
45 and 60 even at a walk so they have cut back on the Solatol (beta pace??)
thinking this is the problem. I hope so. I'm supposing it takes a while to
get all the meds at a good level? It is rather depressing. She doesn't even
have to change much of her lifestyle as she was leading a very heart healthy
style before all this, which is really depressing for her. I mean if you do
everything right and still have trouble it seems pretty futile.

Betty will be sending purrs for your mom. Maybe it's a good thing if
she doesn't need to change her lifestyle that much? I'm glad to see
you back.

Old November 5th 03, 10:45 PM
m. L. Briggs

On 5 Nov 2003 10:11:23 -0600, Karen
wrote:

[...]

Your Mother's kids sound like a great bunch. I wish I could see a
picture of Petra -- could he be part Manx? (the long hind legs)?
Yes, it sometimes takes quite a while to adjust to medication changes
--some you just cannot adjust to. I wish you and yours much good
luck. MLB
Old November 5th 03, 10:57 PM

Karen wrote:

Petrus has to be the most unusual cat I've ever seen...

I would love to see a picture of this cat!!

Joyce
Old November 5th 03, 11:19 PM
Tanada

Karen wrote:

I was at mom's for several days. It was good to see her. She seems mostly to
be doing better although yesterday she wound up at emergency as she wasn't
feeling good. All tests looked good, but her heartbeat was down to between
45 and 60 even at a walk so they have cut back on the Solatol (beta pace??)
thinking this is the problem. I hope so. I'm supposing it takes a while to
get all the meds at a good level? It is rather depressing. She doesn't even
have to change much of her lifestyle as she was leading a very heart healthy
style before all this, which is really depressing for her. I mean if you do
everything right and still have trouble it seems pretty futile.

Welcome back, Karen. We'll keep sending purrs and healthy thoughts for
your mom, and greetings for all the cats.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine
Old November 6th 03, 02:15 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 16:00:52 -0500, Takayuki
wrote:

Karen wrote:
I was at mom's for several days. It was good to see her. She seems mostly to
be doing better although yesterday she wound up at emergency as she wasn't
feeling good. All tests looked good, but her heartbeat was down to between
45 and 60 even at a walk so they have cut back on the Solatol (beta pace??)
thinking this is the problem. I hope so. I'm supposing it takes a while to
get all the meds at a good level? It is rather depressing. She doesn't even
have to change much of her lifestyle as she was leading a very heart healthy
style before all this, which is really depressing for her. I mean if you do
everything right and still have trouble it seems pretty futile.

Betty will be sending purrs for your mom. Maybe it's a good thing if
she doesn't need to change her lifestyle that much? I'm glad to see
you back.

Missed posting on the original, so apoligies for the piggy back

Welcome back. Glad to hear you could get your kitty fix from your
Mom's cats, although I'm sure you're happy to be back with your own
crew.

Will send along purrs that the doctors can get the med level adjusted
so the side effects will ease. I can see how she could feel depressed
that her previous healthy life style didn't prevent the problems, but
she has to realise that her problem could be much worse had she not
been taking care of herself.
--
Steve Touchstone,
remove Junk for email