Strange Cat Dream!!

Old March 18th 05, 09:04 PM
jmcquown

Default Strange Cat Dream!!

I couldn't help it, I had to take a nap. Not much sleep last night.
Anyway, I read entirely too much rpca LOL All this talk of how many cats to
be owned by must have triggered this.

I dreamt I still had Persia, of course. And another little white and orange
cat which only appeared once in the dream - and was named Peaches! Now,
this didn't take place in my apartment but in a house I've never seen
before. Apparently my mother lived there too, and my brother. It was a BIG
house. Mom and I went out for a walk and came across a scrawny solid black
cat. We just knew it was 'homeless'. Mom said "Bring her home, what's one
more cat?" So we brought the cat home.

The 'scene' switched to me putting cans of cheap cat food in the cupboard
and instructing my mom and brother not to give it to Persia because of her
prescription diet needs. Mom asked how we'd keep Persia from eating it. I
said I'd feed the black cat (named PING!) in the den since Persia never goes
in there. Oh, and a clock on the wall of the kitchen kept running backwards
at high speed randomly and then would start running normally again. Mom
thought the new cat had something to do with it.

Then I started thinking, I need to email Magic Mood Jeep and tell her I have
a cat named Ping, too! Then I fretted, will she get upset with me for
stealing the name of her cat?

All the while this was going on, we were all cooking (don't know why). My
brother was preparing all sorts of breakfast stuff and had invited friends
over. I'd made some sort of turkey loaves (3 of them) and was planning to
make dressing and gravy. My brother remarked that was weird for breakfast
and I said no, silly, it's for dinner. Mom had already started making
something else for dinner. The kitchen was HUGE and had professional
multiple ovens.

Yes, I read rpca entirely too much. G

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Old March 18th 05, 09:25 PM
Shiral

Both rpca and rec.food.cooking, I think, Jill. Since you were having
dreams about cats and professional kitchens with many ovens. =o) Once
or twice, I've had very realistic dreams like that, and I'll wake up
thinking that I have to solve some problem that came up in the dream,
until I realize it WAS a dream.

Melissa

Old March 18th 05, 10:11 PM
jmcquown

Shiral wrote:
Both rpca and rec.food.cooking, I think, Jill. Since you were having
dreams about cats and professional kitchens with many ovens.

Could be, although it could also be our reaction to troll posts

=o) Once
or twice, I've had very realistic dreams like that, and I'll wake up
thinking that I have to solve some problem that came up in the dream,
until I realize it WAS a dream.

Melissa

I was a bit disoriented when I woke up and convinced I needed to email MMJ -
took me a minute to realize I don't have 3 cats, let alone one named Ping

Jill

Old March 18th 05, 10:43 PM
Margaret Fine

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

This is really coincidental. You dreamed Peaches was a cat and last
night I dreamed that Oliver was a bird--a Penguin! There must be a
disturbance in the force, LOL! Actually the whole dream was weird. I
saw a plane crash into lake Superior and then I saw the navy in canoes
out on the lake. The canoes were painted battle ship gray. When the
navy saw us they started chasing us and Steve said to get the animals.
I saw a bunch of penguins on the beach and didn't know which one was
Oliver so I called him and one of the penguins flew into my arms. I
knew it was Oliver. Now he has the right coloring but why a penguin (a
flying penguin at that) and why the navy was chasing me in battle ship
gray canoes I have no idea. Weird! At least yours sounded like it had
good food!

--
Margaret Fine

Old March 18th 05, 10:50 PM
jmcquown

Margaret Fine wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
I couldn't help it, I had to take a nap. Not much sleep last night.
Anyway, I read entirely too much rpca LOL All this talk of how many
cats to be owned by must have triggered this.

Jill

This is really coincidental. You dreamed Peaches was a cat and last
night I dreamed that Oliver was a bird--a Penguin! There must be a
disturbance in the force, LOL!

Isn't that funny! LOL

Actually the whole dream was weird. I
saw a plane crash into lake Superior and then I saw the navy in canoes
out on the lake. The canoes were painted battle ship gray. When the
navy saw us they started chasing us and Steve said to get the animals.
I saw a bunch of penguins on the beach and didn't know which one was
Oliver so I called him and one of the penguins flew into my arms. I
knew it was Oliver. Now he has the right coloring but why a penguin
(a flying penguin at that) and why the navy was chasing me in battle
ship
gray canoes I have no idea. Weird! At least yours sounded like it
had
good food!

Dreams are definitely strange things. I can attribute the multiple cats
thing to reading rpca. And I love to cook (although I've never made a
turkey loaf in my life - don't even know what would go in one!). But I
can't tell you why Oliver was a flying penguin or why the navy was after you
guys.

Jill

Old March 18th 05, 10:59 PM
Margaret Fine

jmcquown wrote:

Margaret Fine wrote:

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Maybe you're being "directed" to develop a turkey loaf recipe so next
year when the food editors come to you for TGiving leftover ideas you
will have a new and exciting use for turkey?

You can suggest peaches (the fruit) as an side dish as an inside joke. :-)

--
Margaret Fine

Old March 18th 05, 11:03 PM
jmcquown

Margaret Fine wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

Margaret Fine wrote:

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

LOL There's a thought!

Jill

Old March 19th 05, 12:07 AM
Cheryl

On Fri 18 Mar 2005 04:04:34p, jmcquown wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

I couldn't help it, I had to take a nap. Not much sleep last
night. Anyway, I read entirely too much rpca LOL All this talk
of how many cats to be owned by must have triggered this.

Jill, I had a weird bad dream last night, too. I posted it to
catslaves just a while before I read this.

I'll repost but it was disturbing and I hope it doesn't come back
tonight.
"
Last night/this morning I had a recurring nightmare about
Scarlett, only I was calling her Bonnie in the dream. Some of it
is sketchy, but it seems I was living on a platform really high up
and the furries were indoor-outdoor cats. The dream came back one
more time (for a rerun?) after I woke up with night sweats yelling
for Bonnie (Scarlett) because she was walking on a narrow beam and
lost her balance and fell to distances unknown down below. After
the second reoccurance I woke up to stay. Calling for Scarlett and
she of course came running to snuggle me in bed. Bonnie was
already there, so maybe I yelled out "Bonnie" before I woke up.

What a dream.
"

--
Cheryl
Old March 19th 05, 12:11 AM
Shiral

Turkey Peach Loaf????

Well... it WOULD be new. =o) But I'd recommend keeping the peaches for
dessert.

Melissa

Old March 19th 05, 12:35 AM
jmcquown

Shiral wrote:
Turkey Peach Loaf????

Well... it WOULD be new. =o) But I'd recommend keeping the peaches for
dessert.

Melissa

No, no, Melissa! Side dish I'm thinking baked.

Jill