Do our pets admire art?

Old December 11th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.dogs.misc,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
socraticquest

Default Do our pets admire art?

Have there been studies to determine how dogs and cats admire art? Any
images available?

Thank-you

Old December 11th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.dogs.misc,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Opinicus

"socraticquest" wrote

how dogs and cats admire art? Any

If TV is art then our cats adore it. Our dogs on the other hand couldn't
care less.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Old December 11th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.dogs.misc,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
shelly

socraticquest wrote:
Have there been studies to determine how dogs and cats admire art? Any
images available?

I think you'd first have to determine whether or not they are
capable of feeling admiration.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old December 11th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.dogs.misc,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
socraticquest

shelly wrote:
socraticquest wrote:
Have there been studies to determine how dogs and cats admire art? Any
images available?

I think you'd first have to determine whether or not they are
capable of feeling admiration.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)

SEE LINK: BOOK -- 'Why Cats Paint"
http://www.amazon.com/Why-Cats-Paint...e=UTF8&s=books

Old December 12th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.dogs.misc,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Tara

"socraticquest" wrote in
oups.com:

shelly wrote:
socraticquest wrote:
Have there been studies to determine how dogs and cats admire art?
Any images available?

I think you'd first have to determine whether or not they are
capable of feeling admiration.

SEE LINK: BOOK -- 'Why Cats Paint"
http://www.amazon.com/Why-Cats-Paint.../0898156122/sr
=1-1/qid=1165872396/ref=sr_1_1/102-0598165-2823363?ie=UTF8&s=books

I read that book quite a few years ago. Its a spoof.

Tara
Old December 12th 06, 12:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.dogs.misc,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
shelly

socraticquest wrote:
shelly wrote:
socraticquest wrote:
Have there been studies to determine how dogs and cats admire art? Any
images available?

I think you'd first have to determine whether or not they are
capable of feeling admiration.

SEE LINK: BOOK -- 'Why Cats Paint"
http://www.amazon.com/Why-Cats-Paint...e=UTF8&s=books

Yes, I've seen that book. But it in no way answers my question.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old December 12th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.dogs.misc,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Spot

My one cat loves to lay on the bed and watch TV shows with lots of action.
The motion catches her eye I guess.

Celeste

"socraticquest" wrote

Old December 12th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.dogs.misc,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
oldhickory

Cats do not admire art, they consider themselves art to be admired.

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"shelly" wrote in message

Old December 12th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.dogs.misc,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
shelly

oldhickory wrote:
Cats do not admire art, they consider themselves art to be admired.

O ick. And I mean that on several levels.

--
Shelly (Warning: see label for details)
Old December 12th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.dogs.misc,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
socraticquest

Tara wrote:
"socraticquest" wrote in
oups.com:

shelly wrote:
socraticquest wrote:
Have there been studies to determine how dogs and cats admire art?
Any images available?

I think you'd first have to determine whether or not they are
capable of feeling admiration.

SEE LINK: BOOK -- 'Why Cats Paint"
http://www.amazon.com/Why-Cats-Paint.../0898156122/sr
=1-1/qid=1165872396/ref=sr_1_1/102-0598165-2823363?ie=UTF8&s=books

I read that book quite a few years ago. Its a spoof.

Tara

Believe it or not; public libraries have a subject classification
"Animals as Artists" under Dewey Decimal call numbers 741, 750, 599
(no, these don't all include books about elephants that paint). Why
Cats Paint had the call number 750.

Have there been any university studies attempting to discern what arts
pique our pets interests?