New laundry basket game

Old October 4th 04, 02:53 PM
bonbon

Default New laundry basket game

Laundry Basket Game is a good game. There are many variations to it
for instance......place l.b. upside down in middle of room, with cats
favorite toy inside. They also love cat inside, toy outside. (for
awhile) That's especially a good one if it's a round basket, and the
toy is a little ball that will roll around the whole basket in the
lip. Except that particular game usually draws the attention of
another cat, which really p*sses off cat inside basket. Game Over.

-bonbon
Old October 4th 04, 05:05 PM
Melissa Houle

Mark Edwards wrote in message

Little Feet has a new game.

Tonight, I sat the laundry basket on the bed, the better to unload the
fresh, warm clothes.

Little Feet ran into the bedroom, jumped up on the bed, then leaped
into the basket. After a few seconds, he leaped back out. Then back in
. And back out again.

This continued until I had emptied all the clothes from the laundry
basket, at which time he decided to jump out and claim one of the
pillows as his sole property.

As a side note, I have noticed that Little Feet and Buster don't
bother to gently step on me, when they want to cuddle. Both of them
walk slowly up to me, then leap onto my chest or tummy (or
bladder...), as if they must first make an impression (grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Oh, Nina has definitely explored the joys of the Laundry Basket. =o) Like
all cats, she is sure I put my warm clean clothes in it on Tuesday
afternoons for her exclusive benefit. She loves to leap in, and then
"ambush" me by leaping out of it. Of course, ambushing me is her raison
d'etre, these days. If I'm not available, Nina jumps out of the laundry to
ambush Mama or Unka Pan.

Melissa

Old October 4th 04, 11:35 PM
Sherry

Laundry Basket Game is a good game. There are many variations to it
for instance......place l.b. upside down in middle of room, with cats
favorite toy inside. They also love cat inside, toy outside. (for
awhile) That's especially a good one if it's a round basket, and the
toy is a little ball that will roll around the whole basket in the
lip. Except that particular game usually draws the attention of
another cat, which really p*sses off cat inside basket. Game Over.

-bonbon

Cherokee's version of Laundry Basket was to lie in and and we pushed him
around. He loved that game.

Sherry

Old October 5th 04, 12:08 AM

Sherry wrote:

Cherokee's version of Laundry Basket was to lie in and and we pushed him
around. He loved that game.

Roxy's is to jump in the basket to lie on the warm clothes, and if the
human is in the mood, to be swung back and forth in the basket, high in
the air, being kept in place by centrifugal force.

Roxy loves motion - she also like to be spun in circles on my office
chair. The only motion she does not like is the movement of my car when
she is in it being driven to the vet's.

Joyce

Old October 5th 04, 02:12 AM
Enfilade

Funny, my bitties sit in /empty/ laundry baskets and occasionally flip
it over ONTO themselves, effectively trapping themselves underneath
it.

Cats are freaks.

--Fil

Old October 5th 04, 04:23 AM

Enfilade wrote:

Funny, my bitties sit in /empty/ laundry baskets and occasionally flip
it over ONTO themselves, effectively trapping themselves underneath
it.

Roxy loves to do this, too. She does it on purpose, and enjoys it when
I put the laundry basket (or other box that's open at the top) upside-down
on top of her. The laundry basket is best, though, because she can look
out through all the holes, and yet be "hidden" inside.

Cats are freaks.

That's what makes them fun.

Joyce