I thought I was dying

Old August 4th 08, 05:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`

Default I thought I was dying

May I just add an AMEN to that Granby? Very well said
Kyla
"Granby"
As my husband said when he became insulin resistant, "Life just sucks
sometimes" and the rest of the time it, well never mind. Anytime you need
to unload, do so and it doesn't matter how bad anyone else is, there is
always room for a bit more on our shoulders. That's what friends are for,
even crazy cat friends.
"kilikini" ...
tanadashoes wrote:
"kilikini" ...

They *have* made some amazing break-throughs in breast cancer. It's
no longer the death sentence it once was. (Although I'm really
sorry for your loss, hopitus.) What I have isn't breast cancer;
it's an *extremely* rare form of chest wall cancer. Mine spreads
through connective tissue instead of through the blood. It doesn't
respond to chemo and my doctors won't do radiation therapy because
the tumor (which has returned) is right over my heart.

OMG. I'm so sorry Kili. You gave no indication when we met earlier.
I had no idea that they couldn't do radiation or chemo on it and
assumed that you had been lit up.

Girlfriend, what do you want to do? Do you want to go anywhere, meet
anyone (on earth that is, Mars is out of the question), see anything
special? Bucket list time. How is Alan handling this? He's a good
man, and lucky to have you, as you are to have him. What, if
anything, can we here do to help you? Please, let us help as we can.

Pam S.

Pam, how could I tell you about my condition when Rob's is far from
perfect? I pretty much keep my things to myself. I just unloaded today,
due to the context of a previous post. My husband, Allan, has been
great. He's my rock. You met him; he dotes on me - when he's not
escaping from cat-fiends. LOL.

kili

Old August 4th 08, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"Granby" wrote:

How can you not mind a mammogram!! Like laying down in a drive way and
letting someone back over your boob and sitting there and saying "Take a
deep breath". What's not to love.

Don't know what to tell you. It was a surprise to me, to discover that
I didn't find it painful. Maybe a bit uncomfortable, standing in twisted
positions with part of my body stuck in a grip. But not *painful*. I
find a blood pressure cuff more painful!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 4th 08, 06:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"Victor Martinez" wrote

| PREPARING FOR THE YEARLY MAMMOGRAM

It was supposed to be funny, huh... I knew there was a good reason I never
consented to the procedure. Now I'm sure I never will!

Try switching the joke around a bit and make it the annual "testigram"....
Still laughing, sire??

Old August 4th 08, 06:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Pat" wrote in message
et...

"Victor Martinez" wrote

| PREPARING FOR THE YEARLY MAMMOGRAM

It was supposed to be funny, huh... I knew there was a good reason I never
consented to the procedure. Now I'm sure I never will!

Try switching the joke around a bit and make it the annual "testigram"....
Still laughing, sire??

Assuming that you're serious about never consenting to a mammogram because
of a joke...Many of us have found that a mammogram really isn't painful at
all. It's definitely not something I look forward to, but it also is not
traumatic. And it is *far* preferable to learning that cancer was in an
advanced stage before it was detected.

MaryL

Old August 4th 08, 06:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

wrote in message
"Granby" wrote:

How can you not mind a mammogram!! Like laying down in a drive way and
letting someone back over your boob and sitting there and saying "Take a
deep breath". What's not to love.

Don't know what to tell you. It was a surprise to me, to discover that
I didn't find it painful. Maybe a bit uncomfortable, standing in twisted
positions with part of my body stuck in a grip. But not *painful*. I
find a blood pressure cuff more painful!

--
Joyce ^..^

Same here. Some technicians let a blood pressure cuff get so tight that it
is *very* painful, but I have never had a painful experience with a
mammogram. It is important, of course, to go to a center that uses machines
that are dedicated for mammogram use only and with competent, well-trained
technicians.

MaryL

Old August 4th 08, 07:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

. ..

"Pat" wrote in message
et...

"Victor Martinez" wrote

| PREPARING FOR THE YEARLY MAMMOGRAM

It was supposed to be funny, huh... I knew there was a good reason
I never
consented to the procedure. Now I'm sure I never will!

Try switching the joke around a bit and make it the annual
"testigram"....
Still laughing, sire??

Assuming that you're serious about never consenting to a mammogram
because of a joke...Many of us have found that a mammogram really
isn't painful at all. It's definitely not something I look forward
to, but it also is not traumatic. And it is *far* preferable to
learning that cancer was in an advanced stage before it was
detected.

MaryL

There was a big deal on TV tonight about reminding everyone to get
their mammogram. The newest celebrity with breast cancer is Christina
Applegate. I can't believe she is thirty six already.

Her publicist says it was found early and they expect a full recovery.

I've probably had a couple of dozen mammograms by now. Need to
schedule one, its that time of year.

The first couple were borderline painful. Since then with advances in
the equipment and good training for the technicians and it isn't bad
all. Easier for me than say getting blood drawn.

I know that no one lives forever, but I've got a thing about anything
truly preventable, as well as one about going out as part of a group
project.

Still, I think the jokes are funny.

Jo

Old August 4th 08, 08:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"Jofirey" wrote

| I know that no one lives forever, but I've got a thing about anything
| truly preventable

Mammograms diagnose cancer. They don't prevent it, nor prevent death.

Old August 4th 08, 09:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Pat" wrote in message

"Jofirey" wrote

| I know that no one lives forever, but I've got a thing about anything
| truly preventable

Mammograms diagnose cancer. They don't prevent it, nor prevent death.

True. However, if a mammogram diagnoses cancer early enough, treatment can
prevent death. Breast cancer has one of the highest survival rates of any
cancer.

Joy

Old August 4th 08, 12:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I was being a bit over stating. Glad you had a good experience. Funny
though that Victor posted that thing he did.

Old August 4th 08, 12:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Now I wish I hadn't said anything. However, I know no one pays attention to
me anyway. Yes, I agree that mammograms are a necessity, painful or not.
They have saved many lives and forewarned a lot of women.
. ..

"Pat" wrote in message
et...

"Victor Martinez" wrote

| PREPARING FOR THE YEARLY MAMMOGRAM

It was supposed to be funny, huh... I knew there was a good reason I
never
consented to the procedure. Now I'm sure I never will!

Try switching the joke around a bit and make it the annual
"testigram"....
Still laughing, sire??

Assuming that you're serious about never consenting to a mammogram because
of a joke...Many of us have found that a mammogram really isn't painful at
all. It's definitely not something I look forward to, but it also is not
traumatic. And it is *far* preferable to learning that cancer was in an
advanced stage before it was detected.

MaryL

A Thought for Today Kyla =^. .^= Cat anecdotes 0 May 21st 08 09:51 PM
O. T. but cute, I thought Granby Cat anecdotes 25 February 10th 08 10:35 PM
Pearl in thought Karen Cat anecdotes 5 March 25th 05 01:57 AM
Who would have thought... dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 18 July 4th 04 09:19 PM
And I thought my cat was fat... Rona Yuthasastrakosol Cat health & behaviour 34 April 7th 04 05:33 AM