RFD: rec.pets.cats.breeds

Old September 21st 03, 06:44 PM
M.C. Mullen

| I believe it has been shown that larger cats are not only stronger
| than smaller cats, but smarter.

Where do you get this from?

The smartest cat in our area is a small, cunning, dominant female.

I always thought it was like with people: the smaller - the cheekier (to
make up for being small that is).
I don't want to offend 'big' and 'strong' people of course, and there is
always an exception to the rule.
But - I'm being serious.

Carola

Old September 21st 03, 06:44 PM
M.C. Mullen

Old September 21st 03, 06:44 PM
M.C. Mullen

Old September 21st 03, 08:17 PM
Sherry

| I believe it has been shown that larger cats are not only stronger
| than smaller cats, but smarter.

Where do you get this from?

The smartest cat in our area is a small, cunning, dominant female.

Same here. It's Bootsie. She's smart, conniving and bossy, and a petite little
thing.. Frank, on tthe other hand, is huge. He can't even figure out how to
open a cabinet door, or make the turbo-scratcher mouse go around. Yoda is even
bigger than Frank, and still no match for Bootsie.

Sherry
Old September 21st 03, 08:17 PM
Sherry

Old September 21st 03, 08:17 PM
Sherry

Old September 21st 03, 10:06 PM
Cat Protector

It seems from the description that this group might end up encouraging
people from adopting from breeders instead of the already full shelters. The
purebred fancy might have grown but I feel that cats found in shelters are
just as good as the purebreeds. In fact sometimes you see purebreds end up
in the shelters. This newsgroup could be a bad idea here.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"Orchid" wrote in message
There is no place, currently, for the discusson of purebred cats and
their breeders. This group would be a place to discuss the pros and
cons of various breeds, how to find a responsible, ethical breeder,
announcements of upcoming shows, reports from said shows, and to find
advice from other owners and breeders. The purebred cat fancy has
grown a great deal in the last five years, with more and more people
realising that breeds of cats differ significantly in temperament,
activity level, grooming requirements, etc.

CHARTER: rec.pets.cats.breeds

The newsgroup rec.pets.cats.breeds will be open to discussions on all
topics related to purebred cats and their husbandry. That is feline
husbandry other then what is covered in existing Usenet news groups
(i.e. rec.pets.cats, and rec.pets.cats.health+behav) such as:

- finding a responsible, ethical breeder
- choosing the right breed for you
- show announcements
- show brags
- seeking mentoring from other breeders/owners
- choosing the right registry for you and your cats
etc.

The proposed unmoderated newsgroup rec.pets.cats.breeds is not
intended for for-sale postings. Any advertisements will be discussed.

Individuals who breed cats are welcome to participate. But, should NOT
post litter advertisements, stud availabilty, etc. Litter
announcements are fine, but will be discussed.

The content and nature of *email* replies to any rec.pets.cats.breeds
newsgroup posting is, of course, not addressed by this proposal, nor
should it be.

It is recognized that off-topic, but related, posts will be made from
time to time. It is the posters responsibility to ensure that
follow-ups are set to the appropriate newsgroup.

END CHARTER.

PROCEDU

This is a request for discussion, not a call for votes. In this phase
of the process, any potential problems with the proposed newsgroups
should be raised and resolved. The discussion period will continue
for a minimum of 21 days (starting from when the first RFD for this
proposal is posted to news.announce.newgroups), after which a Call For
Votes (CFV) may be posted by a neutral vote taker if the discussion
warrants it. Please do not attempt to vote until this happens.

All discussion of this proposal should be posted to news.groups.

This RFD attempts to comply fully with the Usenet newsgroup creation
guidelines outlined in "How to Create a New Usenet Newsgroup" and "How
to Format and Submit a New Group Proposal". Please refer to these
documents (available in news.announce.newgroups) if you have any
questions about the process.

DISTRIBUTION:

This RFD has been posted to the following newsgroups:

news.announce.newgroups
news.groups
rec.pets.cats.announce
rec.pets.cats.health+behav,