crossposts

Old August 30th 08, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

Default Bak tew our adventure {Long}

"Pi2nya AKA Sweetee"
"Samuel Redcat Mahoney"
In article
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Cleocat :

Samwise here. A cat trapped in the flooding at the grand canyon is
trying
get in touch with all the kitties there. Some how the message skipped
and I
got it here.

Her humans are safe but she and her 3 week old kittens were left
behind.
They are all safe but she can't get the kittens out and has little
food for
herself.

She is hoping the kitties at the canyon can help her. She is going to
set
out a beacon signal for you to follow.

[Cleo hops out of her Jeep and breaks out her catellite phone and makes
some calls. After she hangs up she hops up on the hood of the Jeep and
addresses the kitties.]

Ok, kitties, I spoke with the tour coordinators back at the base camp.
They have a whole load of food and water and blankets and nip loaded up
in a truck, and they have the teleporter all warmed up. Any kitties who
are interested, follow me through the teleporter back to the base camp,
then we'll set the 'porter for the lost kittie's coordinates and deliver
the supplies to them.

After they have eaten and gotten comfortable we will then bring them
back to basecamp with us, and see if we can't help them find their way
back to their humans.

Cleo

[Sammy follows Cleo through the teleporter. Harri turns to OT and says
"let's go help!", and they both follow. So do Mosey and Tabitha.]

Pit2nya joins them, howping that Sundance will follow...
--
Pitô.ônya

O T listens to the announcement then turns to Harri, You readi, letz go
wif dem, maybe der iaz sumphin we ken do.

[Back at the river adventure base camp, Cleo emerges from the teleporter
followed by several other cats. Several kitties can be seen gathering food
and supplies and preparing a first-aid center in one of the tents.]

OT, Harri, would you guys be willing to go first, see if you can find the
stranded kitties and see whether they need on-site help or can be helped
to teleport here? [Harri nods her head] Ok, thank you. Here are bright
yellow hard hats for both of you, in case it's a dangerous area, and
bright yellow vests so you will be easy to see. And here is a backpack
for each of you with flashlights, ropes, and other emergency supplies
you might need. That 'porter over there has been set to search for the
momcat's beacon, so it should take you right to them. Good luck!

[Harri and OT step into the indicated teleporter. Moments later they
emerge on top of a huge boulder near the bottom of the Grand Canyon. The
top of the boulder is easily 50 feet across, with many large crevices
splitting the surface. The Colorado River can be seen swirling swiftly
just below the boulder.

Harri walks to the edge and looks over. As she steps within a couple
inches of edge, the boulder crumbles and a huge flake falls off -
including the piece Harri is standing on! Before she can get wits together
to leap off, OT grabs her paw and pulls her to safety.

As they two stand contemplating Harri's close call they here a feeble
"meow" from one of the larger crevices near the center of the boulder. A
very wet, very tired, very dirty cat crawls out.]

Oh, you two, please be careful! It is very dangerous here. Are you kitties
here to rescue us? Please, please tell me that you are. We're stuck here,
and have no clean water and no food and rain gets into our shelter.

[Harri and OT both rush to her side]

Harri: Yes, we are! We are here to get you and your kits to safety. Are
they nearby? Are you guys strong enough to teleport out, or shall we bring
supplies to you?

[As Harri is speaking a tiny orange head pokes up out of the same crack
the momcat came from.]

Baby kitten: Mom! Are you ok? Are these the kitties you said would come to
rescue us? Huh, are they? Huh? Are you kitties here to rescue us? Mom said
that somecat would come rescue us. You look like rescue cats. You gotz
rescue cat hats on, and rescue cat clothes, and you is bof orange. Rescue
cats wear orange, right? Yeah, you must be rescue cats. Can our friends
come wif us? Can dey? Huh?

Momcat: Joey, sweetie, there are rescue cats. But they are too busy to
answer a whole bunch of questions now, baby. How about we hold the
questions for later? [Speaking softly] Sorry, he's a rather vocal little
boykitten and is very inquisitive.

[OT tends to the momcat, making sure that she is ok and looking for any
injuries. While he does that, Harri joins babycat Joey at the crevice he's
peaking out of]

Hello, little kitty. I'z Harriet Roadcat, and OT an me camed to get you
kitties an take you where it's safe. Is da rest of your littermates down
dere?

Joey kitten: Yep, dey's down here and so is our friends. Can our friends
come wif us too, miz rescuecat? Dey is nice friends. You is a girl cat!
Dats funny. I thought rescue cats waz all boycats. But you is a rescue
girlcat. Is dat offur rescue cat is boycat? Is he your boyfriend? Whatcha
got in your bag? Is dere kitty toys in dere? Would you like to play wif
usses? But we don't do much playing since we'z purrty hungry. Is you
hungry? Mebbe we can find some fudz den you rescue cats could eat wif us
too. Den we could play. Duz you like to play?

[Seeing the kitten pause to take a breath, Harri asks the kitten to lead
her to the others. Harri is a somewhat generously built kitty, so she has
to suck her tummy in to fit into the narrow crack, but she makes it. Many
feet down from the top several clefts merge together forming a hollow
within the boulder perhaps three feet across. Lining the bottom of the
hollow is a meager pad of moss and leaves, but water leaking down from
above has turned them muddy and damp. Huddled together in the damp hollow
are three more baby kittens and their friends - some tiny baby possums and
the mother possum. The mother possum looks alarmed to see Harri but is too
weak and tired to work up a proper hiss]

Harri: Hello, kitties. And hello, possums. I'z here to rescue you guys and
take some place dry and warm where we've got lots of food and a dry, warm
place to sleep. Who is ready to go with me?

[All the kittens look excited, though too weak to move around much. The
mama possum looks worried.]

Possum: Do you maybe have some rope in your backpack? When you take the
kittens, could you also maybe help me to get out of here? I know you won't
want to take an ugly possum with you, but I would be most grateful if you
could at least help me to climb out of here. Then my babies might stand a
chance of surviving.

Harri: Don't be silly! We're taking you with us. Teleporters will work for
possums as well as for kitties. The place we're going is not the Grand
Canyon, but it is still a canyon, it's still beside a river, and it has
possums living there. It should be a good place for you guys to move to.
And if you don't like it after you're strong again, we'll teleport you
back here. well, maybe not exactly here, but to a safe, dry place really
close to here.

I'm not sure I can squeeze my somewhat fluffy self back up that crack, so
let's teleport from here. I've got a portable teleporter in my backpack.
[Harri digs a portable radio out of her backpack and calls OT. She tells
him of her plans, and he agrees to lead momcat through his teleporter and
meet back at the base camp. Harri then sets up her portable teleporter in
the hollow.]

Ok, kittens first. Joey kitten, you look like you're a good, strong, brave
boykitten. How about leading your sisfurs through the 'porter?

[Joey kitten rouses the other three kittens and leads them to the
teleporter, nudging them through with his nose. After the others have
passed through he bounces through himself.]

Ok, mom possum, I see you've got your babies together. Let's get you
through too.

[Harri nudges the mom possum to her feet, then allows the possum to lean
on her as they walk slowly through the 'porter. When they emerge on the
other side they see rescue kitties leading the momcat and the kittens
towards the first-aid tent, and more kitties running towards her to help
the possums to the tent as well.]

Well, OT, I fink everybody is safe now.

Harri

Mosey looks at Tabitha. This is quite an adventure innit? We will help
feed the kitties andn possums and I got some other warm beds so they can
sleep for awhile after we help feed them. Then when they get their
strength back, we will play with them. I brought some neat toys for
that too. You will all be fine. We will all take good care of you. So
don't worry sweet creatures

Mosey

Let's go look at da kitties and da possums. Dey haz been in da first-aid
tent fur a while now, so mebbe dey is settled down now.

[Tabitha and Mosey slip quietly into the tent. They see that OT and Harri
are already there. A nursecat is leaving Mamacat's bedside, just putting
away an IV setup. Two of the kittens are curled up beside Momcat, two are
being held by nursecats who are bottle-feeding them.

One of the kittens curled up beside Momcat is little Joey. He opens one
eye and sees the visitors.]

Joey: Hey, it's da rescue cats. You safed usses! Dey gived us toys -
wanna play?

[He bats a jingle ball towards Harri and it bounces off her feet. When
Harri looks back, Joey has fallen asleep again. She carries the jingle
ball over and gently places it beside Joey's paw. The nursecat that had
been tending to Momcat comes over to speak to them.]

Welcome. It's good you git them here when you did. Momcat had not been
getting nearly enough to drink to and almost nothing to eat. She, and
therefore her kits, were badly undernourished and a little dehydrated.
They also all had respiratory infections. But they've all received
antibiotics, Momcat got IV fluids and sub-q fluids, everybody has been
fed, and everybody has been sleeping. I suspect the little ones will be
up and about and playing some time tomorrow.

[The visitors then move to the other side of the tent where the possum
family is being treated. The babies are all curled up next to Mama, sound
asleep. Another nursecat had been looking over the possums, and
straightens up as they approach.]

Hi, you must be some of the rescue cats. You'll be pleased to know that
all of the possum family are doing wonderfully. The mother was a little
dehydrated and undernourished and developed a mile respiratory infection,
but she'll be over the infection in no time. The little ones are all in
excellent health.

[The nurse-cat then hurries off. Everybody stands around the possum bed,
looking at them. Mama Possum wakes and sees them, and reaches out a paw
to OT.]

Mama Possum: Thank you, kitties, for saving me and my babies. We wouldn't
have lasted much longer without help from someone. Thank you.

Tabitha: You'z welcome, miz Possum. I don't know what plans you haf fur
da future, but if you aren't overly attached to da part of da Grand
Canyum you was rescued from, I know a couple of ranch kitties wif some
land real close to here an dey was saying dey would like to have a possum
family or two settle in a couple of da pastures by dere fields. Dey haf
lots of da fings dat possums like to eat growing nearby, and dey likes da
positive fings dat possums do fur da environment, but all da local
possums end up leaving for the big name places, like da Grand Canyum. I
will leave da ranch kitties card wif da nurses, just in case you want to
talk to dem later. You sleep now an get betterer.

Tabitha

Tabitha, yew r sew smawt n kind tew Mama Possum. Miz Possum, Tabitha
gnowz yew wood wike et dere. Yew n yer babies will be sayfe dere but
yew hafts remember yew hafta stay off da roads cuz dere r motormonsters
dat mite git yew iffen yew dunt stay off da roads. Dere iz no reesun tew
cross doze roadz. Nope. Wee jest want yew tew bee sayfe n happee fur a
longh tyme. Are yew fealing bedder gnow? Yew wook wike yew are. N sew
do da babiez. Sew doo da other bitties. Joey iz wantin tew play gnow. Hee
iz sew silly n kute, wike yew awl r. Mamacat wooks alot bedder tew.

Mosey

A liddle while ago Joey was over playin wif some of da baby possums. Dey
was quite cute! And dat is furry gud advice.

Tabitha

I sawd Joey pwayin wif da baby possums n et wuz cute endeed.
Fangu fur sayin my advice wuz gud.
nosepoink
Mosey

Mosey openz his bakpak:
Iz wooking fru my binoculars tew see wat else iz en da kanyon, I wook to da
left n see somesheepys, sum dark goats are butting dere heds on da top uff
da big rock. Why dey doo dat? Brighty, da donkey, walks up tew mee n
tells me tew tell yew to stay away frum dem goats. Dey r meen.
Anna he sez dere is a town sumpwace inna Kanyon dat iz sayfe n funfun, wif
awl sortz uf nise critterz n fuds n nip wine n utter stuff and he will tayke
usses dere. Wanna go dere? Ennyone? Shall we take Joey n his Mama n da
utter bitties wif usses after we port da possums to dat soyfield?
Wat do we wanna doo next?
Joey runs up to Mosey
Joey: what r we gonna doo? what r we gonna doo?
*Mosey wooks at Tabitha, rolls hiz eyes* n says "kidz".
Mosey telz Joey: Wee will figgure et awl out kiddo. Gnow go play.
Frows a bawl..Joey runz aftur et.

Mosey

Old August 30th 08, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

Default Bak tew our adventure

"Mosey =^*.*.^=" ...

"Pi2nya AKA Sweetee"

"Sundance"
"Pi2nya AKA Sweetee" ...

"Samuel Redcat Mahoney"
[...]

Ize heer. Ize bin rite heer awl along. Letz go hewp doze kitteez dat
iz in danger!

Sundance

O-key Dokey!!
I'yam glad we're heer tu hewlp!
--
Pitô.ônya

Tabitha n I are heer tew help tew. We brotted sum fudz, n ropes, n toys,
n sume nise bedz fur dem tew sleep in fur wen wee find em n rexue dem.
We gotted sum furst aid tings iffen any uf dem r hurt.
Efferytin will be umkay.
No wurriez.

Mosey

UPDATE rom Mosey:
Efferfing iz umkay. Da Cats n a possum fwamlee gotted rexcued, n treated
for owies, goted fed, sew no wurriez. Umkay?

"Mosey =^..^="
"Tabitha Fluffytail"
[...]

awl sortz uf nise critterz and he will tayke usses dere. Wanna go dere?
Ennyone? Shall we take Joey n his Mama n da utter bitties wif usses after
wr port da possums to dat soyfield?