Touchy, Feely, Kissy, Sappy Cat People ...

Old July 11th 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Touchy, Feely, Kissy, Sappy Cat People ...

Keep it up! The more you touch and pick up and hold your cats, the more
likely you will catch any growth or problem early enough to make a
difference. I hope I have.

My cats are in big trouble now. I was already pushing it when I found that
lump on Boo, now I'll be mauling them even more.

(Last time I put Gracie down after a huggy kissy squeezie thing, I think I
heard her mutter "you cat kithing fweak" as she ran away.)

Old July 12th 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message
Keep it up! The more you touch and pick up and hold your cats, the more
likely you will catch any growth or problem early enough to make a
difference. I hope I have.

Truly good advice! I think Phil has a page on his web site that gives an
explanation of how you can periodically give your cats a quick home exam.

Yep, just made a quick trip to his site and found:
http://www.maxshouse.com/PreventativeHealth.htm

My cats are in big trouble now. I was already pushing it when I found that
lump on Boo, now I'll be mauling them even more.

(Last time I put Gracie down after a huggy kissy squeezie thing, I think I
heard her mutter "you cat kithing fweak" as she ran away.)

LOL! Yep, I do believe I've heard that a time or two myself! ;

Seriously, Ben told me the other day that he accidentally caught Ozzy
speaking English when he was feeding the cats. When we feed them we put
their food bowls on top of deep plates filled with water so the ants we're
plagued with every summer can't get to their food. As he was walking across
the floor with the water-filled plates he happened to slosh quite a bit onto
Ozzy's head. He said Ozzy jumped up spun around and very clearly said, "Oh
no, uh-uh!" I told him he was lucky he got off with such a mild complaint -
had it been Jessie she would have crisped his ears off with her potty mouth!
;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 12th 08, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"CatNipped" wrote in

Seriously, Ben told me the other day that he accidentally caught Ozzy
speaking English when he was feeding the cats. When we feed them we put
their food bowls on top of deep plates filled with water so the ants we're
plagued with every summer can't get to their food. As he was walking
across the floor with the water-filled plates he happened to slosh quite a
bit onto Ozzy's head. He said Ozzy jumped up spun around and very clearly
said, "Oh no, uh-uh!" I told him he was lucky he got off with such a mild
complaint - had it been Jessie she would have crisped his ears off with
her potty mouth! ;

hahaha!

My cats speak English with a lisp, at least when I talk for them. Boo is
the bear-like, lumbering grumpy girl who tiny Gracie is always vaulting
over.
Gracie thinks it is funny to try to sniff her butt when she is absorbed in
her dinner. Boo wheels around like a grizzley and Gracie is off like
lightening. Boo stomps off, muttering something that sounds to me like
"puthy ..."

After she gets her pills, she usually says something like "you thuck!"

And every single time I put her in the carrier after sneaking up on her
when she is sleepy, she glares through the bars and says, "Ath ho."

Old July 12th 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in

[...]

ROTFLMAO!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 12th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dejablues[_4_]

"cybercat" wrote in message
Keep it up! The more you touch and pick up and hold your cats, the more
likely you will catch any growth or problem early enough to make a
difference. I hope I have.

My cats are in big trouble now. I was already pushing it when I found that
lump on Boo, now I'll be mauling them even more.

(Last time I put Gracie down after a huggy kissy squeezie thing, I think I
heard her mutter "you cat kithing fweak" as she ran away.)

Some pet care website (I forget which) explicitly said not to kiss your cat
or let your children kiss them. I was like "wtf!"

Old July 14th 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"dejablues" wrote in message

"cybercat" wrote in message
Keep it up! The more you touch and pick up and hold your cats, the more
likely you will catch any growth or problem early enough to make a
difference. I hope I have.

My cats are in big trouble now. I was already pushing it when I found
that lump on Boo, now I'll be mauling them even more.

(Last time I put Gracie down after a huggy kissy squeezie thing, I think
I heard her mutter "you cat kithing fweak" as she ran away.)

Some pet care website (I forget which) explicitly said not to kiss your
cat or let your children kiss them. I was like "wtf!"

Cats can transmit parasites to humans (hookworm and giardia come to mind) -
children, especially. But as long as your cat is parasite free, there
shouldn't be any problem.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 16th 08, 04:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley via CatKB.com

cybercat wrote:

My cats speak English with a lisp, at least when I talk for them.

Sarsi has a small English-ish vocabulary

If you try to wake her up when she doesn't want to be waken- "Awww! Afff!"
from the tone she is telling you to f-off!)

When talking to Dave, she calls him "Daw-dee"

The other day I like her out of a room and I said "What do you say?" and she
said what sounded like "Rrr-ank oo"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs