I'd forgotten...

Old January 25th 05, 05:57 PM
Gabey8

Default I'd forgotten...

After being the Meowmy to a senior-citizen kitty for years, I'd forgotten
what it's like to have kittens in the house. For example, there is the
occasional almighty CRASH as they explore something new, and discover the
hard way that the something would've been better left alone.

That's how the boys (probably Captain, since Stanley was curled up in the
cellarway when I went to investigate) met the ironing board at 1 AM today.
You know, the one that WAS folded up and leaned against the wall.

As I said, I opened the cellar door and Stanley was curled up in a little
powder puff in the cellarway. Captain, meanwhile, came RACING up the
cellar steps, mrrrrrping and trilling. Then he ran back down, and back up.
He couldn't have been more obvious about wanting me to follow him if he'd
just finished watching a marathon of LASSIE episodes. )

And it was clear why he wanted me to go down there. The Evil Ironing Board
was lying across the food and water dishes. Horrors! (How it didn't
overturn any of them is a mystery.) So were a few books that had conspired
along with the Evil Ironing Board and fallen off the nearby bookshelf at
the same time. I probably don't want to know what transpired to bring that
about. )

Captain was all brave once Meowmy picked up the Evil Ironing Board. He
figured I had it subdued, so he kept attacking it. Or at least he kept
attacking the 8-inch-long string that was trailing from the hem of the
cloth Evil Ironing Board Cover. He grabbed that cord between his teeth and
hauled at it with all his wee weight, like a d*g playing tug of war.

It's really hard to maneuver an ironing board to a new wall on the other
side of the basement when you're laughing uncontrollably. Did you know
that? I didn't know that. I know it now. )

This morning, I went down to check on them. The Evil Ironing Board was
right where I'd left it. I hope they continue to give it a wide berth.
)

Donna, and Captain and Stanley the intrepid explorers

Old January 25th 05, 06:24 PM
Melissa Houle

It's really hard to maneuver an ironing board to a new wall on the other
side of the basement when you're laughing uncontrollably. Did you know
that? I didn't know that. I know it now. )

This morning, I went down to check on them. The Evil Ironing Board was
right where I'd left it. I hope they continue to give it a wide berth.
)

Donna, and Captain and Stanley the intrepid explorers

LOL about Captain's "Lassie" impersonation. =o) Yes, Ironing Boards are
definitely Evil. It's good that Captain has made this important discovery
early on. You can't let an Ironing Board get even the littlest bit out of
line, or Heaven knows what will happen. It could squash innocent, unaware
pussycats at any time.

Melissa

Old January 25th 05, 08:24 PM
Sandra

Glad the Evil Board did no lasting harm!

--
Sandra

Old January 25th 05, 10:11 PM
jmcquown

Melissa Houle wrote:
It's really hard to maneuver an ironing board to a new wall on the
other side of the basement when you're laughing uncontrollably. Did
you know that? I didn't know that. I know it now. )

This morning, I went down to check on them. The Evil Ironing Board
was right where I'd left it. I hope they continue to give it a wide
berth.
o)

Donna, and Captain and Stanley the intrepid explorers

LOL about Captain's "Lassie" impersonation. =o) Yes, Ironing Boards
are definitely Evil. It's good that Captain has made this important
discovery early on. You can't let an Ironing Board get even the
littlest bit out of line, or Heaven knows what will happen. It could
squash innocent, unaware pussycats at any time.

Melissa

Not to mention it could force you to actually IRON something

Jill

Old January 26th 05, 02:17 AM
Cheryl

On Tue 25 Jan 2005 12:57:16p, Gabey8 wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
alkaboutpets.com)
:

This morning, I went down to check on them. The Evil Ironing
Board was right where I'd left it. I hope they continue to give
it a wide berth.
)

Donna, and Captain and Stanley the intrepid explorers

It's something getting used to kittens again, isn't it! I've never
had kittens before. Some of the things they do while exploring just
cracks me up. And the mischief!! One of the more recent episodes
here is finding the throw rug that I keep under the Drinkwell
fountain and the food bowls *in* the fountain. Water was going
everywhere!

--
Cheryl
Old January 26th 05, 12:32 PM
Kilikini

Gabey8 wrote:
After being the Meowmy to a senior-citizen kitty for years, I'd
forgotten what it's like to have kittens in the house. For example,
there is the occasional almighty CRASH as they explore something new,
and discover the hard way that the something would've been better
left alone.

(wonderful story snipped)

Boy, can I relate to what you're saying! When I left Maui, I had to leave
my two 10 year old cats that I had had since they were tiny little things I
rescued from the Frito-Lay dumpster. I was comfortable with them. Now I
have these two hellions, and all you hear is THUMP, CRASH, BOOM, BANG. They
dig in my plants, they try to climb things and fall, they are a handful!
But aren't they so entertaining as well? They jump in the air for no reason
and have incredible energy. I had forgotten that part. :~)

kili

Old January 26th 05, 12:32 PM
Kilikini

jmcquown wrote:
Melissa Houle wrote:
[...]

Jill, that's why I don't have an iron OR an ironing board. :~)

kili

Old January 28th 05, 06:53 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:32:52 GMT, "Kilikini"
wrote:

Not to mention it could force you to actually IRON something

Jill

Jill, that's why I don't have an iron OR an ironing board. :~)

Yep, I used to have both an ironing board and iron. They were well
travelled, having accompanied me from Ft Campbell, Kentucky to Ft
Wainright, Alaska, Ft Ord, California then Germany, and finally Ft
Sill Oklahoma. Alas, a tragedy occured while being shipped to Ft Sill.
The ironing board must have opened up during shipping and been broken
when things shifted. Can't really remember why I hauled them around,
either. The only time I use the iron now is when I get a hole in
otherwise prefectly good overalls and need to put on an iron-on patch
;-)
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy and Little Bit

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: