Poor Imp.....

Old February 25th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Default Poor Imp.....

I was going out after work and i was rushing home to quickly shower
and change out of my scrubs.

Quickly I shower and i'm running around trying to pick up and put on
clothes. Shirt, check, jeans, check, socks, check.....

But I couldn't find my belt. Then I spot the thin, black belt
sticking out from under the bed and i reach down and grab it.

And realize after i grab it, that the furry, warm tail wasn't my
belt. The tail shoots out of my hand and disappears further under the
bed. Oops....

I peeked under the bed and looked at Imp who was looking back at me
with wide eyes. I tried to apologize but he just turned and headed
further underneath the bed. *sigh*

Later at the end of the evening, when i was relaxing in bed, he jumped
up next to me and I gave him some much needed attention.

**********************************

Another day, I came home from work, exhausted and went into my room to
change out of my scrubs so i could head into my office to sit down
with a cold beer. The lamp is on the other side of hte room, so i was
changing in the dark. I changed out of my scrubs and reached down to
the pile of clean laundry that i knew was on the floor....

And almost picked up a section of fur, which suddenly came to life and
ran past me out of hte room, nearly giving me a heart attack.

Again at the end of the evening, Imp came onto the bed and i gave him
loving attention to apologize for mistaking him for a shirt.

*************************************

Last night i was really tired. The kind of the tired where you just
want to fall onto the bed and pass out. That was my plan.

I came in, kicked off my shoes, walked into my bedroom without turning
on the light and fell face first onto the bed.

And got scared out of my mind when my face came in contact with not my
blanket but a furry lump of something that then ran off the bed.

Sorry Imp......I then had to wait for him to come visit me in bed so i
could apologized for almost smooshing him.

That's the problem with having a black cat. He tends to be places
where he blends in with the dark and when i 'accidentally' disturb
him, i not only scare him in the process, but get the bejesus scared
out of me.

And he's skittish to begin with so I have to wait for him to come to
me so i can give him loving chin scritches.

*sigh*

Kristi

Old February 25th 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
boot

Dear Kristi, I enjoyed reading about your literal encounters with your
cat. It sounds like your house needs some good lighting to avoid
these incidents, including al ight under the bed, lol!

Old February 26th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On 25 Feb 2007 14:22:43 -0800, "Mischief"
yodeled:

[...]

Lovely Mr. Imp. Send him some special skritchies from me.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old February 26th 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Kristi I added the little flashing led to my furballs collars when they are
in a dark spot it flash different colors for each different cat. I have 4
mostly black cats and rumble a dark gray I am for every losing days off my
life at 4 am when I step on their tails

ps.com...

Old February 26th 07, 05:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Mischief wrote:
That's the problem with having a black cat. He tends to be places
where he blends in with the dark and when i 'accidentally' disturb
him, i not only scare him in the process, but get the bejesus scared
out of me.

And he's skittish to begin with so I have to wait for him to come to
me so i can give him loving chin scritches.

Poor Imp, indeed. Calming purrs on the way. Having sat on my fair share
of cats, I know exactly how you feel, Kristi.

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki
Old February 26th 07, 06:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:22:43 -0800, Mischief wrote:

[...]

About 128 years ago, the incandescent lamp became a valuable device.
Just think! They no longer had to stub toes on chairs or step on the cat.
MLB

Old February 26th 07, 10:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Matthew wrote:
Kristi I added the little flashing led to my furballs collars when
they are in a dark spot it flash different colors for each different
cat. I have 4 mostly black cats and rumble a dark gray I am for
every losing days off my life at 4 am when I step on their tails

You should market those, Matthew, lots of people would find them usefull.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old February 26th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bookie

On 26 Feb, 10:01, "Adrian A" wrote:
Matthew wrote:
Kristi I added the little flashing led to my furballs collars when
they are in a dark spot it flash different colors for each different
cat. I have 4 mostly black cats and rumble a dark gray I am for
every losing days off my life at 4 am when I step on their tails

You should market those, Matthew, lots of people would find them usefull.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.http://community.webshots.com/user/clowderuk

collars with LED lights already built in are already available to buy
here inthe UK, woudl be very surprised if they were not for sale in
america (you get everything first there anyway). they are usually
yellow fluorescent in colour with little LEDs along the length, I
certainly saw some for dogs last time I was in tescos (big supermarket
chain in britain which is trying ot take over the world), mainly for
walking your pet at night.

if i find a link i will post it but am sure any pet shop would do them
bookie

Old February 26th 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

http://www.visipet.com/index1.html
http://search.ebay.com/flashing-coll...sopZ3QQxpufuZx
http://www.dogtopia.co.uk/dogtopia_frames/fhome.htm
just so you can see what I am talking about

Quite awhile ago I had invested into having something similar to be built
it was a solar or battery rechargeable collar with a photo sensitive light
sensor on it. Than someone came in and patented something similar to it
using overseas producers. Plus we could not find a suitable light weight,
water proof, heat and tear resistant material that was low enough cost to be
mass marketed. Let me rephrase that we found products but a trustworthy
and safe product is a different story.
The finally out come for our product would have been about $45 -50
dollars plus the rechargeable battery which would have been about $4 to $10.
I did a cost analysis on it and the product was to expensive to be a
positive number money maker. People ( mass market ) are cheap skates when
it comes to stuff like this but they will spend $10 on a starbucks latte
who figure.

"Adrian A" wrote in message
om...