cat very very sick, HELP!

Old November 6th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mittensowner

Default cat very very sick, HELP!

alright, not like it's any of YOUR business, but i'm at college, i just went
home and found this out, i'm not selling my computer because I need it for
school, and my family can't afford to pay for themselves to go to the doctor
let alone my cat. I love my cat, don't even think for a minute that i don't
feel his pain, and that i don't want to help him. I'm calling vets to get
the best price, and i'm trying to get money any way i can. don't judge me,
and don't tell me what to do when you have no clue where i'm coming from. I
get that you're an animal lover, but not as many people would be willing to
sell their kidney to take their cat to the vet just for a check-up. I know
something's seriously wrong, i knew it as soon as i went home, i just posted
the question the get some opinions on what might be wrong and to see if
anyone has an idea as to how to make him more comfortable until i can get him
to the vet. besides the fact that no where out here is open on sunday, so
get over yourself and your high and mighty view on life and animal care.
this is not directed on everyone else that wrote me, thankyou so much for
your help, i have four vets to call as soon as they open tomorrow at 8 amand
i'm going to do my best for my cat. My concerns for his travel are valid
because i know him and how much he completely freaks out and salivates in the
shortest car ride, and how dehidrated he is right now i need somewhere close
to take him to. My retort is for cybercat only and their psychotic attack on
my situation. Thankyou everyone else for their help, and i'll update you on
his condition as soon as i get him to the vet.

cybercat wrote:
thankyou for the compassion for the place i'm in right now.

My compassion is for your poor cat. Borrow the money. Sell something.
Take your cat to a vet in the morning, and arrange for payments.

Why in hell should I feel sorry for you? This has been going on for
days and you are allowing the cat to suffer. Ugh. Sell your ****ing
computer, there's an idea.

Old November 6th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

"mittensowner" u28710@uwe wrote:

Oh, and, don't use the lords name in
vain. although, you getting stricken down right now would put a grin on my
face.

Sure it would because you are such a good Christian. Take your cat to
the vet and then DIAF for christ's sake.
-mhd
Old November 6th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"mittensowner" u28710@uwe wrote in message news:68db53245a08b@uwe...
alright, not like it's any of YOUR business, but i'm at college,

Just STFU and take care of your cat. Are your parents as stupid and
irresponsible
as you?

Don't come into a group where people obviously care about cats and announce
that you are posting here instead of rushing your cat in for medical care
before
she dies and expect not to get flamed.

**** you and your feelings. You are not helpless, your cat is.

Old November 6th 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mittensowner

wow. that's all i can say. I'm pulling this off, cuz i can't take any more
of your bull****. **** you and go staight to ****ing hell you ****ing bitch.

Old November 6th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Mittensowner, welcome to the group, hahaha. Every other week we practice
our people skills. This was the wrong week.

I just wanted to tell you that our cat had almost the same symptoms as
yours -- dramatic weight loss, thirsty all of the time, and soaking the
litter box. He had diabetes. It was controlled with 2 insulin shots per
day.

Good luck tomorrow. Hope you let us know what's happening with your cat.

Rhonda

Old November 6th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

hi,
I take it you don't live in England?Here we have charities thaty we can
go to ask for a bit of assistance when a situation like this
arises...have you any charities over there that might help you with
this problem with mittens?I think you have taken quite a bit of stick
today,yet I feel for you,as I too have just found out that all of my
cats ,might have ringworm&I can assure you that is going to cost me a
pretty penny too..but they are right,you must do all you can to try and
get assistance with the bill from the vet,who might even help you with
a payment program...you don't ask,you don't get...so what have you got
to loose appart form a bit of face?
In this country we have a society called the cat protection league,who
mostly deal with spaying or nuetering,but they would consider helping
low income families rather than see a cat suffer,so have a look in your
local phone book or on the net to see if you can come up with someone
who can help you-some people don't understand what it is like to be
short on cash,so try to be tolerant & do all you can to help your poor
cat who must be suffering,but unable to tell you how bad it is for
him...good luck by the way& let us know how you got on with mittens,ok?
Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
In news:68da1fc7d3c78@uwe,
mittensowner purred:
Hi, I need advice for my sick cat. He's going on 11 years old. He's
gotten thinner, when i pick him up he's much lighter and you can feel
his spine when you couldn't before. the most alarming thing, he has
and thirst that can't seem to be quenched. He will not hang out
anywhere that he can't get to water quickly, and he'll drink water
out of anything: the toilet, people's glasses, the sink, the dog's
water dish, not to metion his own which is huge. The other night i
filled an old cool whip container with water and put it down in my
room for him so he could hang out with me and still be close to
water, he almost finished half of it in one sitting. As a result, of
course, he urinates in huge amounts at a time. I'm worried, he seems
to young to be knocking on death's door, but this is not normal
behaviour. Please help.

You, cat, vet NOW!!!

Extreme thirst is a sign of two adult cat diseases/ailments that I that I
can think of off the top of my head, one is Chronic Renal (kidney) Failure,
the other is Diabetes.

Please that your cat to the vet, and in addition to a checkup, have a full
"blood panel" done - they check the blood for *everything*, which is useful
in older cats (a cat is considered senior after the age of 10).

Old November 6th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mittensowner

Thankyou! thankyou for being decent! I will tell you. please, if you're
religious, if any of you are, please pray for him. I can't lose him, and he
doesn't deserve to go like this. And i am so sorry for the language i ended
up using. I apologize.

Rhonda wrote:
Mittensowner, welcome to the group, hahaha. Every other week we practice
our people skills. This was the wrong week.

I just wanted to tell you that our cat had almost the same symptoms as
yours -- dramatic weight loss, thirsty all of the time, and soaking the
litter box. He had diabetes. It was controlled with 2 insulin shots per
day.

Good luck tomorrow. Hope you let us know what's happening with your cat.

Rhonda

wow. that's all i can say. I'm pulling this off, cuz i can't take any more
of your bull****. **** you and go staight to ****ing hell you ****ing bitch.

[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]

**** you and your feelings. You are not helpless, your cat is.

Old November 6th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mittensowner

Thankyou! I hadn't thought about that, i'll look into it right now. And i
want all of you to know, i just posted this, i haven't been messing around on
this site for a week or something. Oh, maybe there is hope, cross your
fingers that i find some organization that will help. If anyone knows of one
in america, specifically colorado, please tell me. the sooner we get him to
the vet (hopefully tomorrow morning first thing) the better! I hope someone
would help after i go and agree to a payment plan, cuz i can't wait.

wrote:
[...]

[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]

Old November 6th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ChristyLynn

psycho.

Old November 6th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Mon, 06 Nov 2006 03:12:35 GMT, "mittensowner" u28710@uwe wrote:

Thankyou! thankyou for being decent! I will tell you. please, if
you're religious, if any of you are, please pray for him. I can't
lose him, and he doesn't deserve to go like this. And i am so sorry
for the language i ended up using. I apologize.

I suspect that coming home from school to find your cat very sick must be
really frightening. Not having funds to see a vet must be making you
crazy. I hope you are able to get him to a vet tomorrow in order to find
out what is wrong. If you are anywhere near CSU, they have a vet school
and may have much more reasonable rates than a private practice vet. When
I was in college, the Virginia-Maryland College of Vet medicine at Virginia
Tech took excellent care of my animals, and they had leading edge medical
technology available to them. The vets were exceptionally compassionate,
too. Good luck to you and your kitty. Let us know how it goes.

--
Lynne