BIRMAN WITH RINGWORM

Old November 13th 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
meeee

Default BIRMAN WITH RINGWORM

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

meeee wrote:

Ok...that explains a lot I don't see any reason not to prescribe an
OTC
drug for something simple like ringworm. But that's vets for you. I guess
they worry that you would overdose the cat then sue them or something.
Thanks a heap for this advice, it is invaluable

Program has no activity in mammals - I don't think you *could* OD a cat
with it, from a practical standpoint.

-L.

Thanks, that's great to know...certainly better than Grisofulven..yuk.
Anyway I blacklighted them all again last night, and most of them are not
glowing Yay!! The hardest hit ones still have a few patches, so they are
still quarantined away from the kids, and a few of the adults have small
patches, mainly on the ears, that I've treated and will check again tonight.
I wish I'd known about the program before starting them on the griso though.
My little girl is still wheezing a bit despite the antibiotics so I'll keep
her on them til she recovers; she's gaining weight though, which is a good
indication it's working. The bug, whatever it is, seems to cause weight loss
so as she's putting on weight I will keep an eye on her but I'm not too
worried. It's very warm and humid at the moment, so she's not going to catch
a chill, and she has stopped coughing thank goodness!!!! It's so worrying
when your babies are ill....

Old November 13th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Hi,I was wondering if weight loss is normally associated with
ringworm,as little Tiggie doesn't seem to be gaining any weight what
ever I feed her.Since collecting her,she has actually lost 250grams
which is quite worrying..!
I have given her a dry diet of kitten royal canin which is what she is
used to eating &also available all the time to her,& on the advice of
my vet,also supplemented it with fresh chicken & rice(cooked!),as well
as the occasional treat of some fresh fish too.She eats quite well at
each sitting,but still not gaining any weight,so I am at a bit of a
loss as to what to do for her-any suggestions gratefuly accepted(I am
feeding her seperately from the others just to be certain that I know
exactly how much she is eating by the way too).Thanks
-L. wrote:

Frez wrote:
Hello Sheelagh,

Cider Vinegar! The ringworm is a fungus not a worm, as I understand it,
and as such doesn't like acidic environments.

This is completely NOT true. Fungi thrive in acidic environments.
Furthermore, acetic acid (vinegar) will burn raw, open skin. DO NOT
use vinegar on a cat!

There is huge difference between taking vinegar internally and using it
externally.

-L.