Jellicle Ball 2018: Tribyoot to Rebecca

Old October 25th 18, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Default Jellicle Ball 2018: Tribyoot to Rebecca

[An elderly orange tabby mancat goes to the stage. He is trying to keep his composure, but not entirely successfully.]

This iz a tribyoot to myown sisfur Rebecca. Itz a liddle long, but I wantz to tell herown whole storee.

Rebecca didn't rememfur much of herown furst two yeerz. Da erliest fing she rememfured was livvin in da Out arown sum uther kitteez whare a nice ladee hoomin wuz feedin dem. Rebecca muss hav had sum kind of aksident, or maybe a badbad hoomin hurted herownself, kuz in herown erliest memoreez her eye wuz hurted, herown sholder wuz hurted, an herown mouf wuz hurted cuz sum teefz wuz gone, all on da rite side.

When da ladee hoomin seed Rebecca's hurted eye, she taked Rebecca to a TED to see if dey kud fix it. Dey tried, but dey kudnt do it, an dey had to take da eye away. Dey kudnt do enneefing fur da hurted sholder, an dey kudnt put bak da teefz dat wuz missin. So Rebecca had one eye gone, sum teefz gone, an da worstest hurted sholder dat da TED had ebber seed.

But she hanged in dere throo da long rekuvvery time, an finullee it wuz time to find a hoomin. First she went wif a man hoomin. He wuz lukkin fur a goggy, but when he seed Rebecca wif juss one eye he feeled sorree fur herownself an dopted her insted. Dat didnt werk owt, so da man hoomin bringed her bak. When he bringed her, she wuz in a karrier bokz, an herown belly furz wuz all soaked wif urine! Itz a gud fing she didnt stay wif dat hoomin. Hisspit at hizself!

Den Rebecca wented to a foster home. Da ladee hoomin dere wuz kind an taked furry gud kare of Rebecca. Rebecca wuz a kittee hoo liked bein wif uther kitteez and dere wuz uther kitteez dere, but dey wuz elderly an not innerestid in playin wif her. So da foster ladee promissed Rebecca dat she wud find her a home whare dere wuz anuther kittee fur her to play wif.

Dis iz when she finded Meowmie. At dat time I wuz alreddy wif Meowmie az a only kittee, kuz myown sisfur Cassidy had went to da Brij. Meowmie an me wanted one mor kittee in da howse, an da hoominz takin kare of kitteez lukkin fur homez rekommendid Rebecca. Meowmie almost didnt notiss dat she had only one eye, but when she did notiss it, it didnt matter.

So Rebecca kamed to owrown home. Fur da firstest two daze, she hided an was skared to kum owt, evin to eet. She wud eet a little owt of Meowmie's hand if Meowmie reeched sum fudz in to whare she wuz hidin. I kept wantin to meet da noo kittee, but Meowmie wuz makin her stay in a room wif da door shut.. Finullee Meowmie opinned da door juss a liddle tiny bit. When Rebecca seed myownself, she wuz so happee to see anudder kittee dat she kamed rite over to see me.

It taked Rebecca a longlong time to git used to Meowmie, but she wuz happee to be in a howse wif anudder kittee. Dat wuz fine wif Meowmie, hoo let Rebecca take herown time. Finullee, Rebecca got kumfurble enuf dat Meowmie kud walk past herownself wifowt Rebecca runnin away, an evenchooally she let Meowmie pet herownself. Later on, she evin let a fyoo uther hoominz pet her, too.

Us three wuz a furry happee fambly fur mennee yeerz, more yeerz dan most kitteez getz. Rebecca an me offin hanged owt wif Meowmie on da couch, an it made Meowmie happee to luk ober an see her liddle fambly awl togedder.

Evenchooally, Rebecca an me finded RPCC. We went on abvenchurz an made lotz of frenz heer. Wun of da frenz Rebecca meeted wuz Hercule Lenoir, hoo bekamed da lub of herown life. Dey nebber got 'ficially winked, but I likez to fingk dat dey wuz winked in dereown hartz. In ennee kase, dey wuz furry happee togedder, an Rebecca spended da last yeerz of her RPCC life wif hizself in Furrance.

Rebecca wuz furry helthy most ov herown life, until herown last yeer or two.. First da TEDz telled Meowmie dat Rebecca had kidnee purroblimz, den dey sed she didn't, den dey sed dat she did. Rebecca didnt kare abowt dat, but wun day she desided dat she didnt feel like eetin ennee more. Of korse, she got taked to da TED, an after varius testz an examz, dey fownd dat she had (let me make shur I spellz it rite) lymphoma. Fur doze hoo mite not know, datz a kind of cansermonster. It wuz alreddy in five difurent placez in herown bodee.

Meowmie decided dat da bestest fing to do fur Rebecca wuz to hewp herownself feel az gud az possible fur az long az possible. Fur a wile, Rebecca got meddysinz to hewp her feel betterer an make her want to eet. But after three munfz, she let Meowmie know dat it wuz herown time, an Meowmie taked her to da TED to start herown jerney to da RB. She taked me, too, so I kud say gudbye to her, juss like she did when Cassidy left. When she startid on herown way, I telled her dat I wud see her later at da Brij, and she telled me to take kare of Meowmie. Den she wuz gone, leevin juss me an Meowmie to karry on.

An datz da storee of Rebecca: Fluffykitz purrtner, muse to a famiss kompozer kittee, Diplocat to Furrance, Sekkaterry of Elder Kitteez, Mistress of Serrymonies of da Jellicle Ball, an most impurrtintly myown beluvvid sisfur. Till we meetz agin, deer sisfur. Till we meetz agin.

Sundance, with leaky eyes
Old October 25th 18, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_4_]

On Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 7:17:48 PM UTC-7, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
[...]

Pet2nya iz misty eyed and comfortz Sundance...and sez

Rebecca wuz mine sisfurr-in-law, an I luft hur lyke uh sisfurr. I miss hur verry mutsh, bu know she iz happy at the Bridge, wif menny othur kittez...an maybe she seez outa boff eyes theer.

P2ña AKA Sweety
Old October 25th 18, 04:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Ize shur she duz Sweetee. In myown dreem she had bof eyez agin.

Sundance
Old October 25th 18, 01:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

Rebecca was a furry impurrtant part of the Community, and it will be difficult to carry on wifout her, but we will do our bestest. Rebecca, you were a good friend and you will be missed.

Sammy Redcat
Old October 25th 18, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

[An elderly but dignified Havana Brown cat approaches the microphone]

My dear friends and family, my beloved Rebecca was truly a one-of-a-kind lady cat. She was dignified, sleek and graceful, and she called forth the creative spirit in me. When she was around, all music made me think of her. She signified all that right with the world. Since her passing, music has lost its resonance. The world is colorless void without the light of her presence.

Rebecca, ma cherie, you will be always missed.

Hercule Lenoir
Old October 25th 18, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_4_]

On Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 6:21:47 AM UTC-7, Dan Mahoney wrote:
[An elderly but dignified Havana Brown cat approaches the microphone]

My dear friends and family, my beloved Rebecca was truly a one-of-a-kind lady cat. She was dignified, sleek and graceful, and she called forth the creative spirit in me. When she was around, all music made me think of her. She signified all that right with the world. Since her passing, music has lost its resonance. The world is colorless void without the light of her presence.

Rebecca, ma cherie, you will be always missed.

Hercule Lenoir

Je suis désolé pour la perte de votre bien-aimé.
(I am sorry for the loss of your beloved.

P2ña

Old October 25th 18, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Fangu, Sammy. Dat meenz a lot.

Sundance
Old October 25th 18, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Hercule, my fren, try not to be tootoo sad fur tootoo long. Rebecca wudnt want dat. If it wudnt be too hard, kum sit wif Toonya an me, an we three hoo wuz closest to her, an enneekittee else hoo wantz to joyn, kan hewp eech uther get froo owrown greef.

Sundance
Old October 25th 18, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

On Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 4:13:19 PM UTC-5, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
Hercule, my fren, try not to be tootoo sad fur tootoo long. Rebecca wudnt want dat. If it wudnt be too hard, kum sit wif Toonya an me, an we three hoo wuz closest to her, an enneekittee else hoo wantz to joyn, kan hewp eech uther get froo owrown greef.

Sundance

That is a very kind offer, and sounds like an excellent idea. Thank you.

Hercule
Old October 27th 18, 06:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_4_]

On Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 3:18:45 PM UTC-7, Dan Mahoney wrote:
On Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 4:13:19 PM UTC-5, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
Hercule, my fren, try not to be tootoo sad fur tootoo long. Rebecca wudnt want dat. If it wudnt be too hard, kum sit wif Toonya an me, an we three hoo wuz closest to her, an enneekittee else hoo wantz to joyn, kan hewp eech uther get froo owrown greef.

Sundance

That is a very kind offer, and sounds like an excellent idea. Thank you.

Hercule

May I offer you some mousicles?
x:3QQ---x:3QQ---x:3QQ---x:3QQ---

Pit2nya