Brave Stinky

Old May 4th 05, 10:21 PM
Kreisleriana

Default Brave Stinky

In his day, Stinky had the usual hoolikitten falling-into-the-bathtub
experience, and my my, he did not like it. SO I find it touching that
despite his revulsion, he still bravely sits on the side of the tub
when I'm taking a nice bath. He sits and looks at me with an
expression that says, "I think you're nuts to do this, Mommy, but I'm
not going to leave you all alone in there.

Theresa

Old May 4th 05, 11:29 PM
Christina Websell

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

In his day, Stinky had the usual hoolikitten falling-into-the-bathtub
experience, and my my, he did not like it. SO I find it touching that
despite his revulsion, he still bravely sits on the side of the tub
when I'm taking a nice bath. He sits and looks at me with an
expression that says, "I think you're nuts to do this, Mommy, but I'm
not going to leave you all alone in there.

Awww. Bless his little cotton socks. I was equally touched last year when
Boyfriend insisted on accompanying me in the early hours in lashing rain and
practically a hurricane while I checked all the roofs of my chicken huts
were still on. The storm was violent enough to wake me through double
glazing.
He does *not* like to get wet normally, in fact if he peers out of the back
door in the morning and it's raining, he won't go out.
However, there he was, leading me down the path in the pitch dark just a
couple of feet in front with his tail held up poker stiff. And me with a
very small flashlight and I could just see him. The wind was really roaring
and branches and twigs were being snapped off the trees and we were getting
soaked. When everything was secured with heavy weights, he led me back too.
I love this lad I've got. He's like no other cat I've ever known.
I like his looks too, he has a big fat smiley Cheshire cat face, maybe
because he was only neutered last June and his head got big through being a
entire tom until he was a teenager.

Tweed
P.S. Howard, if you're reading this I am awed by your knowledge of
treatment and ethics and ability to find my hospitals policy on the web. I
doubt I'd have found it myself and it gives me arms to make sure I am cared
for properly.
I shall say, if pain relief is not forthcoming "Get me Lesley Reid, manager
of pain control on the phone, please" LOL. That will sure make me popular
;-)

Old May 4th 05, 11:53 PM
jmcquown

Kreisleriana wrote:
In his day, Stinky had the usual hoolikitten falling-into-the-bathtub
experience, and my my, he did not like it. SO I find it touching that
despite his revulsion, he still bravely sits on the side of the tub
when I'm taking a nice bath. He sits and looks at me with an
expression that says, "I think you're nuts to do this, Mommy, but I'm
not going to leave you all alone in there.

Theresa

Persia does that, too! She also bravely walks the edge of the tub when the
shower is running and peeks around the curtain, even at the risk of getting
wet, to make sure the shower greeblings didn't get me!

Jill

Old May 4th 05, 11:58 PM
Catnipped

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

In his day, Stinky had the usual hoolikitten falling-into-the-bathtub
experience, and my my, he did not like it. SO I find it touching that
despite his revulsion, he still bravely sits on the side of the tub
when I'm taking a nice bath. He sits and looks at me with an
expression that says, "I think you're nuts to do this, Mommy, but I'm
not going to leave you all alone in there.

What a brave and loyal lad Stinky is. Please give him skritches from me!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Theresa

Old May 5th 05, 12:58 AM
Bobcat

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

In his day, Stinky had the usual hoolikitten falling-into-the-bathtub
experience, and my my, he did not like it. SO I find it touching that
despite his revulsion, he still bravely sits on the side of the tub
when I'm taking a nice bath. He sits and looks at me with an
expression that says, "I think you're nuts to do this, Mommy, but I'm
not going to leave you all alone in there.
Theresa

Stinky's not alone in his fascination with a human, bathing in - horrors! -
water. For our brat-cat Emily, our morning bath is a ritual - except that
she dry cleans herself in the best cat tradition. Finished, she stares down
from the sink at my ablutions in the tub. I involve her by presenting my wet
arm to her which she licks dry with her tongue. Our bath has become a
pleasant mutual daily ritual.

Old May 5th 05, 01:50 AM

very cute story

Old May 5th 05, 01:50 AM

very cute story

Old May 5th 05, 04:03 AM
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:

In his day, Stinky had the usual hoolikitten falling-into-the-bathtub
experience, and my my, he did not like it. SO I find it touching that
despite his revulsion, he still bravely sits on the side of the tub
when I'm taking a nice bath. He sits and looks at me with an
expression that says, "I think you're nuts to do this, Mommy, but I'm
not going to leave you all alone in there.

Aaaw, such a brave and sweet boy!

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and Mere
Old May 5th 05, 06:45 AM
Melissa Houle

Kreisleriana wrote in message

In his day, Stinky had the usual hoolikitten falling-into-the-bathtub
experience, and my my, he did not like it. SO I find it touching that
despite his revulsion, he still bravely sits on the side of the tub
when I'm taking a nice bath. He sits and looks at me with an
expression that says, "I think you're nuts to do this, Mommy, but I'm
not going to leave you all alone in there.

Theresa

Tee hee! What a brave and loyal fellow Stinky is. =o) But your story reminds
me of the time Isadora fell in the tub as a kitten. Back then, I was living
in an apartment that had a full-size bathtub, and one weekend morning, I
decided to take a bubble bath. Well, my newly acquired babies were
FASCINATED, and I amused myself with watching them while pretending to read.
Suddenly SPLASH! "MEW!!!!!!!" I looked up just in time to see Izzy haul her
poor, soggy little behind out of the tub. She never got near the thing
again. Aside from a misadventure of missing the shelf and falling into the
dishpan, Pan has always avoided water he wasn't drinking. Nina though... I
think she'd join me deliberately! She is so funny, I've never had a cat who
was less water-phobic than she is! In the morning when I wash my face in the
washbasin, She's got her two front paws in the drink and the rest of her
would follow if I didn't keep saying "No" very firmly. I only take showers
these days as the only person who could use my sorry excuse for a bathtub
is a hobbit.

Melissa