Stinky and the Kitten- Day 3

Old September 20th 05, 03:14 PM
Kreisleriana

Default Stinky and the Kitten- Day 3

The kitten is imperturbable. He bounces around until he's exhausted,
then he drops. He sleeps in vastly entertaining positions, stretching
his tiny body into pretzel-like contortions. He loves to have a
blanket dropped on him so he can fight his way out. Last night, my
entire body constituted a huge bed mouse

Stinky is loosening up, little by little, although he is still hostile
to the kit. He came downstairs to eat last night, and again this
morning, still walking in a bit of a slink. He hisses at the kitten,
but thankfully, he's not holding a grudge against me. I load him up
with treats and skritches, and make sure to speand plenty of time
alone with him.

The funniest thing is that the kitten has not been fazed by a single
thing since he got here, including Stinky's reaction to him. The
kit's reaction to Stinky seems to be something on the order of "Wow!"
Instead of making him run and hide, Stinky's appearance seems to
fascinate him, and when Stinky comes through, he happily follows him
at a safe distance.

Last night, the kit came almost right up to Stinky, and just sat down
about two feet away from him. They sat like that, meatloafed, facing
each other, for a few minutes without incident. Then the baby, as
usual, got up and zipped off in a blur of feet and tail, Stinky
looking after with his best "WTF was that!!!? look on his face.

Theresa
Old September 20th 05, 04:05 PM
Kate

Sounds like Stinky will come round if he's already sitting near to the
kitten.

When we got Fudge and Caramel as kittens we already had George (MIA -
assumed RB) our 3 year old rescue.

He disliked the kittens at first and would hiss and ignore them.
However, Fudge in particular didn't take any notice. When he was
asleep she invariably go and curl up next to him, so when he awoke he
would look round, see a kitten leaning against him and would leap up
with an urrghh look on his face.

Fudge as a kitten wasn't all that good at washing herself and would end
up soaking. So, George took it upon himself to clean her properly and
would pin her down and wash her thoroughly.

We knew he'd accepted them fully when the kittens were in the back
garden. Next door's cat came over the fence and pounced at them, and
was knocked out of the air by a fast flying George protecting them.

Kate.

Owned by Fudge, Caramel and Meg
http://www.geocities.com/kate_dunn/miaow.html

Old September 20th 05, 04:18 PM
Adrian

Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

That sounds like good progress after only three days. Even if they're
never the best of friends at least they will tollerate each other.
Hopefully though, they will be friends.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old September 20th 05, 04:56 PM
Irulan

aw, they sound like a riot!
I hope the integration goes well and that they'll soon be curled up together
during the winter getting warm.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old September 20th 05, 04:58 PM
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

All this sounds exactly like Miranda and Caliban the first days. Stinky
and kitten will soon be fast friends, you mark my word.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old September 20th 05, 10:21 PM
Exocat

"Kreisleriana" wrote

The kitten is imperturbable.

Stinky is loosening up, little by little,

Last night, the kit came almost right up to Stinky, and just sat down
about two feet away from him. They sat like that, meatloafed, facing
each other, for a few minutes without incident. Then the baby, as
usual, got up and zipped off in a blur of feet and tail, Stinky
looking after with his best "WTF was that!!!? look on his face.

That's progress! Delighted, and may it continue.

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old September 20th 05, 11:50 PM
Cheryl

On Tue 20 Sep 2005 10:14:08a, Kreisleriana wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

Last night, the kit came almost right up to Stinky, and just sat
down about two feet away from him. They sat like that,
meatloafed, facing each other, for a few minutes without
incident. Then the baby, as usual, got up and zipped off in a
blur of feet and tail, Stinky looking after with his best "WTF
was that!!!? look on his face.

Heehee! I know that look! That's a GOOD sign.

--
Cheryl
Old September 21st 05, 02:06 AM
Bill Stock

[...]

Yay for Stinky!

Our "visiting" kitty was inside tonight several times, after being rather
scarce for a few days. It has been hanging around for several hours now.
It's become very sucky after being skittish up til now. I'm not too sure why
the change, but it was DEMANDING tummy rubs and scritches tonight. It would
start squeaking at me if I stopped paying attention to it. It wasn't such a
hit with the girls though, it has a smack in the head first and ask
questions later policy. Smokey's nose is out of joint, but she has been
behaving herself.

I'm pretty sure it's someone's cat though. It's in good shape and too tame
to be a stray. Very attractive cat too, a Tiger striped Calico. Sort of a
cross between a grey Tabby and a Calico.

Theresa

Old September 21st 05, 02:32 AM
Enfilade

Kreisleriana wrote:
The kitten is imperturbable.

When we got the bits, Smokey was terrified (of a non existant mother
cat descending from on high and mauling him) and Nox hissed and hissed
at more interlopers in her territory. The bits, 3 weeks, barely noticed
the other cats.

By 4 weeks of age they were fascinated by the other cats and being
licked by Smokey. Apparently they convinced him that DP was their
real, natural mom.

By 5 weeks of age even Nox couldn't resist their baby luv any more.

--Fil