EGADS!!! Another Cat!!!

Old September 22nd 05, 08:51 PM
Magic Mood JeepŠ

Default EGADS!!! Another Cat!!!

We have been seeing a long-haired tortoise shell cruising through the yard
on a couple of occasions. She came up to me today when I sat outside with
food for her - she was more interested in *me* than the food. I brought her
inside (eep - I have PO'd the residents) she is in the bathroom (she doesn't
like that) right now with food & water, and she is *front declawed*. I'm
taking her to the shelter to have her scanned for a chip, search the lost
posters & database, and if nothing, will have her entered into the found
database.

*sigh*

I think I need to start my *own* animal shelter....

--
Help the animals of Monroe County
http://www.justgiving.com/pfp/nalee1964

The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)Š

Old September 22nd 05, 09:07 PM
jmcquown

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
We have been seeing a long-haired tortoise shell cruising through the
yard on a couple of occasions. She came up to me today when I sat
outside with food for her - she was more interested in *me* than the
food. I brought her inside (eep - I have PO'd the residents) she is
in the bathroom (she doesn't like that) right now with food & water,
and she is *front declawed*. I'm taking her to the shelter to have
her scanned for a chip, search the lost posters & database, and if
nothing, will have her entered into the found database.

*sigh*

I think I need to start my *own* animal shelter....

Uh oh... Ping did that to you, too. What the heck? Find that sign on your
house that says "all strays welcome"! Back during the great depression (I
have no idea what was great about it) I was told my Scottish grandmother had
some sort of mark on her house. It indicated she would feed the hobos (it
was a railroad/steel mill town up in Ohio) if the knocked at her kitchen
door. No one could ever find the mark, but they knew it was there. My
other grandmother, who lived right next door, would chase them off with a
shotgun. There was no such mark. I wonder if cats aren't running around
marking houses?

Hope you find this kitty's owner.

Jill

Old September 22nd 05, 10:14 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:51:29 -0500, "Magic Mood JeepŠ"
yodeled:

We have been seeing a long-haired tortoise shell cruising through the yard
on a couple of occasions. She came up to me today when I sat outside with
food for her - she was more interested in *me* than the food. I brought her
inside (eep - I have PO'd the residents) she is in the bathroom (she doesn't
like that) right now with food & water, and she is *front declawed*. I'm
taking her to the shelter to have her scanned for a chip, search the lost
posters & database, and if nothing, will have her entered into the found
database.

*sigh*

I think the Mothership had a chip implanted in *you* one night.

Theresa
Old September 22nd 05, 10:21 PM
polonca12000

Poor declawed kitty! I do hope she can find a good slave. Thank you for
taking care of her.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote in message
We have been seeing a long-haired tortoise shell cruising through the yard
on a couple of occasions. She came up to me today when I sat outside with
food for her - she was more interested in *me* than the food. I brought

her
inside (eep - I have PO'd the residents) she is in the bathroom (she

doesn't
like that) right now with food & water, and she is *front declawed*. I'm
taking her to the shelter to have her scanned for a chip, search the lost
posters & database, and if nothing, will have her entered into the found
database.

*sigh*

I think I need to start my *own* animal shelter....

--
Help the animals of Monroe County
http://www.justgiving.com/pfp/nalee1964

The ONE and ONLY

former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)Š

Old September 22nd 05, 10:32 PM
Magic Mood JeepŠ

jmcquown wrote:
Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
[...]

Definately, our house is *marked*.

Just got back from the shelter - no torties reported lost (except for a
poly, which she's not), no microchip either. Am currently making up fliers
to post around, and DH & I will go around the neighborhood this evening.
We've seen her in the yard before - yesterday she let me skritch her ears,
but Max (the D-thing) was being walked in the yard by DH & that made her
very skittish.

Fortunately, when I was holding her, she let me turn her over, and her
nipples look as though she's never nursed a bitty (I double checked, since
we don't close our garage door all the way, I didn't want any baby-bitties
to be abandoned out there), so she may already be spayed
(pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease)..

Here's a link to her "found" page at MCHA (it went up fast, too - withing 20
minutes of me submitting the request)
http://www.monroehumane.org/lostfound/story.php?ID=190

She is currently hiding behind the shower stall in the bathroom. Porr thing
is scared to death. And DH just called, he is stopping by the grocery on
the way home, and did I need/want anything? I said no - shoulda asked for
tuna or a couple cans of el-cheapo food just to get her to eat (we have tons
of dry, expensive SD for the indoor, el-cheapo for the outdoor).

Old September 22nd 05, 10:40 PM
Exocat

"Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote
We have been seeing a long-haired tortoise shell cruising through the
yard on a couple of occasions. She came up to me today when I sat
outside with food for her - she was more interested in *me* than the
food. I think I need to start my *own* animal shelter....

Concatulations, I think you've just been adopted.

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old September 23rd 05, 12:07 AM
Pat

Here's a link to her "found" page at MCHA (it went up fast, too - withing

20
minutes of me submitting the request)
http://www.monroehumane.org/lostfound/story.php?ID=190

She's absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Old September 23rd 05, 12:51 AM
jmcquown

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
[...]

She is a beauty! Oh gosh, MMJ, I don't want you to find her slaves! She's
too pretty for words! She needs to join your household!

Jill

Old September 23rd 05, 02:38 AM
Enfilade

Magic Mood Jeep=A9 wrote:
We have been seeing a long-haired tortoise shell cruising through the yard
on a couple of occasions. She came up to me today when I sat outside with
food for her - she was more interested in *me* than the food.

"My people suck so I fired them. Now I live with you. You may feed me
now."

***

Seriously, I hope that if she has a good family, that they find her.
And if not then may she get the best possible care, whether that be
from you or from a home you find for her.

--Fil

Old September 23rd 05, 05:52 AM
Marina

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:

Here's a link to her "found" page at MCHA (it went up fast, too - withing 20
minutes of me submitting the request)
http://www.monroehumane.org/lostfound/story.php?ID=190

Such a pretty girl. Many purrs that she finds a good forever home (and
that she is, in fact, spayed).

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi