Hi, New and HAD a question.

Old December 9th 06, 08:06 AM
MoonDancer85 MoonDancer85 is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Hi, New and HAD a question.

Hello everyone, I am new to the board and I originally was hoping I could get some help with a problem but after seeing how people talk to eachother on here it makes me want to turn tail and run rather than ask for help.

The way people treat eachother is SCARY. Makes a newcomer looking for help feel the need to look elsewhere.

Now this isn't all people or all threads. I am just a bit turned off by some of it, Needless bickering and such.

Last edited by MoonDancer85 : December 9th 06 at 08:36 AM.
Old December 9th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Hi, New and HAD a question.

Hi Moondancer,
I couldn't agree with you more if I tried to!Please don't tar & feather
everyone with the same brush though.The critisim on here is *intended
to be supportive & informative* &any who do feel the need to rip
*anyone* to pieces either has no heart or no consience.There are many
other people on here who would be more than happy to help you,& give
you the advice that you are looking for(I certainly got help and advice
here).I am a recent boarder too & have certainly taken my fair share of
stick as well.If anyone speaks to you in a derogatory manner, you must
bear in mind that are obviously too small/narrow minded to see anything
other than their own point of view.Personaly I think that everyone is
entitled to their own opinion & to air it, but not in a vindicitve
manner that is hurtful & nasty.That defeats the object of airing it-If
you want someone to appreciate your point of view, you must respect
their's too.Unfortunately, some of the memebers forget themselve's &
the point of this site, which is to be there to advise other's about
their cat's in a time of need-Either that or their tendancy to over
familiaraity,not realising how intimidating they can be....
I very much hope that you feel that you can come back to ask your
question too btw too"o"

--
MoonDancer85

Old December 9th 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"MoonDancer85" wrote in message

Hello everyone, I am new to the board and I originally was hoping I
could get some help with a problem but after seeing how people talk to
eachother on here it makes me want to turn tail and run rather than ask
for help.

The way people treat eachother is SCARY. Makes a newcomer looking for
help feel the need to look elsewhere.

Now this isn't all people or all threads. I am just a bit turned off by
some of it, Needless bickering and such.

--
MoonDancer85

Please ask your question. I absolutely agree with you that there is far too
much pettiness and needless bickering on this group. In fact, I will go
farther -- I think this newsgroup has declined significantly, starting with
some trolls and a huge wave of really vile communication some time ago.
Nevertheless, please look past that and look for the helpful messages.
There are some very knowledgeable people on this group, and many who are
eager to share that knowledge.

I will also add this: Since you are a newcomer, you may not realize that
*some* of the remarks you object to were probably aimed at well-known
flame-throwers...those who deliberately post messages simply intended to fan
the flames and not a genuine attempt to gain help. There are also many who
post messages where their cat is clearly in distress, when *anyone* should
know that the only logical course is to contact a veterinarian (often after
the poor kitty has been suffering for a long time), and the reactions you
have read are sometimes posted out of annoyance, frustration, and great
concern about a cat that has continued to decline while the person posting
wastes untold time waiting for "communication." There are also occasions
when we post without realizing how our messages will be interpreted. I know
I have been guilty of that myself -- somewhat like the times when we say
something in person, can see from the expression on the other person's face
that it was taken in the wrong way, but at that time can correct it by
saying, "oh, what I was really trying to say is...." Finally, learn to just
ignore the annoying messages and click on to the next one.

Again: Please post your question and give the group a chance to respond.

MaryL