Purrs for 2 furbabies on way to the 'Bridge please

Old August 24th 06, 07:46 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams

Default Purrs for 2 furbabies on way to the 'Bridge please = UPDATE

Purrs for the little ones on their way to the bridge.
It seems like you could gradually start to care for any number of these
cats if you have the will to do so. They will know a good thing when
they see it. After a time if you've been caring for the cats and he
hasn't and he doesn't know where they are, (he may have an idea), then
I would say they are your cats. If he makes a fuss, you can always say
that they are not yours, you are just hosting them as guests. No one
can complain about that. After a time, if the cats choose not to go to
one place or to go to another, that's their business.
He cannot try to take you to court, because you'll have done nothing
wrong. If the cats are free to come and go as they wish, you've stolen
nothing, although I'm not a lawyer and can't give legal advice. It
seems to make sense to me. You never actually claim that they are your
cats. You're just looking after them.
Perhaps after a time if you pay vets bills, keep those and eventually a
history of care should carry a lot of weight. Keep an eye out to see
if he brings more cats into the area and doesn't care for them.
He's not to be persecuted too much. Even putting out cheap cat food
and nothing else is *something*. So many people can't be bothered to
do even that. Yes it doesn't address the larger problems, but it's a
sign of some caring at least, however minimal.

On August 24, 2006 11:48 am, The Polish-Kraut wrote:

I have seriously thought about it. It fact he "has" one that has
become so friendly that whenever I set outside he jumps on my lap and
curls up and goes to sleep.

When I told him that if I did not have all the cats I am allowed I
would take that one. All he said was "It is a friendly cat".

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

Sounds like you could 'capture' and rehome "his" cats and he wouldn't
even notice, let alone care.

I posted the following post back on July 17 about 2 supposedly stray
cats I had put down because of illness.

I was talking to a nieghbor that has 7 cats that just run the
nieghborhood. He puts out the cheapest dry food he can find and
that
is about it. I was telling him about the cats I had to put down and
how I felt about people that have cats but do nothing for them and
just let them run When I told him about the grey one with the
injured
mouth that I put down he said that sounded like his grey one. I
asked if he had seen it and he did not have the slightest idea where
it was or if something happend to it.

It is now August 23rd and they were put down July 17th and he never
even knew it was gone or what happened to it. When I asked if I
could send him the emergency room bill for $270 for the cat he just
laughed
and did not even say thanks for looking out for it. Really great
cat person!!!

I suppose the reason his cats started hanging out at my place is
that when I started feeding strays they found out they could get a
good
meal there (Two houses down from his). Even though all the actual
strays are gone or deceased for now the nieghbors cats still come
down and I do not have the heart to stop feeding them.

Would like to request purrs for 2 furbabies that were sent on way
the 'Bridge this past week please. They were both strays that that
were hanging out at my daughters.

The first was a new stray that had only been coming around for
about
a week and was about a year old I would say. It was nothing but
skin and bones when I managed to get it and take to shelter. Was
told had Feline Lukemia.

The second one I just took to the emergency animal hospital today
after feeding him for about the last year and a half.

He came in the AM but would not eat. It looked like he had a sore
on his nose so I figured that was why he would not eat.

He came back later and I tryed to feed him but no go. He meowed
and I could see that his bottom lip was missing as well as the
injured
nose. In the process of grabbing him to get in the carrier I could
see his tongue was bright red when he was trying to bite me.

His nose was burned as well as his tongue and his bottom lip
destroyed. I have no idea what happened to him. He could not eat
or swallow and was drueling all over the place. The person at the
emgency said that I was doing the right and kind thing having him
put down. If so why do I feel so bad?!?! A grown man standing in
the pet emergency room crying over some dumb cat!!!

--
Regards,
Fred
Old August 24th 06, 09:27 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

there is a room in hell next to outright abusers for people like this, Lee
The Polish-Kraut wrote in message

[...]

Would like to request purrs for 2 furbabies that were sent on way to the
[...]

Purrs, Purrs, and more Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 3 January 10th 06 05:47 AM
Purrs from a purr-less Lisakatt Cat anecdotes 20 December 20th 05 10:39 PM
Purrs and Headbutts Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 0 December 20th 05 10:23 PM
Purrs, please? JBHajos Cat anecdotes 37 December 16th 05 03:40 AM
Multi-purpose purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 22 November 23rd 04 02:16 PM