OT Physical purrs

Old March 2nd 11, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

Default OT Physical purrs

Got my physical after work today, just the ticket for a nice relaxing
time after the daily grind. I am as always a bag of nerves. They were
talking about a slightly enlarged thyroid a couple of weeks ago, when
I went to have a check on nasty carpal tunnel symptoms. Now of course
I am convinced I have a stage 17 thyroid cancer and expect to be the
guest of honor at my own funeral a week from Thursday. I have to go
get a (routine--why am I such a damnable coward?) blood draw Saturday
and I have a horrid phobia of needles. I need some purrs. Big, macho,
courageous purrs. Healthy ones too.

Blessed be,
Baha
employed at a cancer hospital with delusions of needing their services
Old March 2nd 11, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

BfloPolska wrote:
Got my physical after work today, just the ticket for a nice relaxing
time after the daily grind. I am as always a bag of nerves. They were
talking about a slightly enlarged thyroid a couple of weeks ago, when
I went to have a check on nasty carpal tunnel symptoms. Now of course
I am convinced I have a stage 17 thyroid cancer and expect to be the
guest of honor at my own funeral a week from Thursday. I have to go
get a (routine--why am I such a damnable coward?) blood draw Saturday
and I have a horrid phobia of needles. I need some purrs. Big, macho,
courageous purrs. Healthy ones too.

Blessed be,
Baha
employed at a cancer hospital with delusions of needing their services

"One truth we gain from living through the years:
Fear brings more pain than does the pain it fears."
(Author unknown)
Sending purrs for a good report. MLB
Old March 3rd 11, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs are on the way.

--

Joy

Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.
- Carrie Fisher

Old March 3rd 11, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

BfloPolska wrote:

Got my physical after work today, just the ticket for a nice relaxing
time after the daily grind. I am as always a bag of nerves. They were
talking about a slightly enlarged thyroid a couple of weeks ago, when
I went to have a check on nasty carpal tunnel symptoms. Now of course
I am convinced I have a stage 17 thyroid cancer and expect to be the
guest of honor at my own funeral a week from Thursday. I have to go
get a (routine--why am I such a damnable coward?) blood draw Saturday
and I have a horrid phobia of needles. I need some purrs. Big, macho,
courageous purrs. Healthy ones too.

Baha,

The fear of needles is pretty common. I've known some really macho guys
who wouldn't hesitate in going into battle, but who wilt at the sight of
a needle. You're certainly not alone. So doctors know about this and
many are good at helping the patient through it. I hope yours is one of
those.

One thing about thyroid cancer (if you even have it!). It is one of the
slowest-growing, unaggressive cancers humans can get. A good friend of
mine had it a couple of years ago and her prognosis was excellent. It
not only doesn't grow fast, it also doesn't metastasize very easily.
Most people who get it either have surgery or radiation and that takes
care of it. Of course, if you have your thyroid removed, you'll have
to be on medication for the rest of your life, but the good news is that
it's been around a long time and doctors know how to work with it. Also
it's *very* inexpensive. Generics have been around for quite some time.

On the other hand, an enlarged thyroid doesn't necessarily mean cancer.
It could be caused by several things, that as far as I know are all
treatable.

Hope your exam goes OK!!

Joyce

--
I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better
for it. -- Abraham Lincoln
Old March 3rd 11, 08:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 02/03/2011 21:14, BfloPolska wrote:
Got my physical after work today, just the ticket for a nice relaxing
time after the daily grind. I am as always a bag of nerves. They were
talking about a slightly enlarged thyroid a couple of weeks ago, when
I went to have a check on nasty carpal tunnel symptoms. Now of course
I am convinced I have a stage 17 thyroid cancer and expect to be the
guest of honor at my own funeral a week from Thursday. I have to go
get a (routine--why am I such a damnable coward?) blood draw Saturday
and I have a horrid phobia of needles. I need some purrs. Big, macho,
courageous purrs. Healthy ones too.

Purrs n the way. My thyroid was removed in 1985 due to cancer. In 1988 I
was declared 'clean.' All I have left is a big scar running half around
my throat (and it's fading all the time) and the pills I have to take
every day.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old March 3rd 11, 11:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Mar 2, 7:14*pm, BfloPolska wrote:
.. I need some purrs. Big, macho,
courageous purrs. Healthy ones too.

HUGE macho courageous and healthy purrs coming from over here

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old March 3rd 11, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Mar 2, 2:14*pm, BfloPolska wrote:
Got my physical after work today, just the ticket for a nice relaxing
time after the daily grind. I am as always a bag of nerves. They were
talking about a slightly enlarged thyroid a couple of weeks ago, when
I went to have a check on nasty carpal tunnel symptoms. Now of course
I am convinced I have a stage 17 thyroid cancer and expect to be the
guest of honor at my own funeral a week from Thursday. I have to go
get a (routine--why am I such a damnable coward?) blood draw Saturday
and I have a horrid phobia of needles. I need some purrs. Big, macho,
courageous purrs. Healthy ones too.

Thanks, all...I took my Depo shot (a steroid I guess, for my sciatic
pain) like a man, neither screaming nor smacking the poor nurse
practitioner who had to look at my bare tuchas. She did not, however,
give me a sticker or lollipop, and I feel mildly screwed.

She said that the thyroid felt slightly enlarged, not riddled with
bumps and nodules, indicative of a lazy and ungrateful gland that
doesn't want to pitch in after all I've done for it. Apparently the
Western New York area is a hotbed of thyroid malfunctions, to hear her
tell it. Maybe it's uranium in the wing sauce, and not crack.

I feel more macho now. Sorry to have subjected you to the ravings of a
madwoman. But I really appreciate the butch-up purrs. Many thanks!

Blessed be,
Baha