Kitten Fever - Help Needed!!!

Old August 17th 03, 03:16 PM
bewtifulfreak

Adrian wrote:
bewtifulfreak wrote:
Well, things went a lot better than I feared. SNIP

I'm very happy for you Ann, if the kitten does turn out to be a girl
don't be too disappointed, Snoopy's a girl and is the most loving cat
you could imagine.

Aw, that's neat, I'm glad to hear that. Actually, our Xena was a real
cuddlebug, too, but then I always wondered if it helped that she was spayed
at a very young age. Anyway, I won't be disappointed, I'm sure we'll get a
loving kitten no matter the gender, and it would actually be nice having a
fellow female around the house, what with having a husband, two male cats
and a male rabbit!

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old August 18th 03, 05:43 AM
Byron & Christine Burel

A happy ending all around! Congrats on the little babycat.
purrs,
Christine, Omar, Midnight, Oreo, Robin & Tucker
"bewtifulfreak" wrote in message
Well, things went a lot better than I feared. We got to my hubby's
cousin's house, and her husband greeted us; apparently, she'd had a little
too much fun earlier in the day, LOL, and was taking a nap. The kittens
were gorgeous, of course, and I was mistaken, their weren't any

stillborns;
hubby's aunt just assumed there were because she only had three kittens,

but
they were born July 20th and they haven't found anything yet, so they

don't
think that's the case. Anyway, there was a gorgeous long-haired peaches

and
cream, a ginger tabby, and a little black one. The good news was, another
relative had already claimed the peaches and cream - though he (I'll call
them all he, because I'm not sure, and because I think they are) was so
friendly! - so we were left without a choice, which is what I wanted,
really. Plus, I was thrilled to hear that they were trying to rehome with
family first, and friends second, because they had the same concerns I

did.
They read in a book somewhere that only 1 in 10 kittens goes to a loving
home - *alarming*, no?!

So anyway, we'll be having yet another gobby little black baby, LOL! He
looks like a cross between his brothers; has Crowley's white locket and
little white pubes, and Greebo's teddy bear face. Not sure how much of

the
face is just that adorable kitten look, though, as they all pretty much

had
that teddy bear face, but at the moment, that's what he looks like. At
first thought he was a she, and still not quite sure; their little 'bumps'
don't really protrude enough at that age to be obvious, LOL, so I was more
going by the placement of the bits; boys' bits tend to be tucked under,
whereas girls' tend to be right under the anus, and I thought the little
black one was a girl at first. But it seemed to change depending on the
position of the cat, so I really couldn't tell for certain!

Anyway, I took a whole roll of film (except for a few pix of Greebo at the
beginning that I took right before we left, because he was on the bed

curled
up holding his feet and looking cute ), but I kind of blew my wad all

at
once, LOL; I wished I'd saved a few for later, when the ginger tabby and

our
little black baby curled up next to one another behind the couch (where

they
all hang out). They looked so cute, especially when I pet their bellies

and
they both rolled onto their backs but were still cuddled up next to one
another! And I blew a Kodak moment earlier, when the little black one
rolled over on his back and just kind of lay there, legs akimbo, and I was
just so mesmerized by the cuteness of it all that I forgot to even think
about taking a picture until it was too late!

It's just amazing how early their personalities develop, too! The little
peaches and cream one was checking everyone and everything out (including

my
toes, LOL), the little black one is very chatty (in a squeaky sort of way,
as they are at this age!), and the tabby seemed a bit more reserved,

though
no less loving. The mom, Natika (lovely name, apparently she came from

the
shelter with it) was very sweet and pretty, too, a lovely little calico.
The thing was, when they got her from the shelter, the shelter wasn't sure
whether she was fixed, but the forms for the insurance said she was, so

they
made the mistake of letting her out unprotected, assuming that she was,

when
she apparently wasn't (either that, or they did a botch job)!

So all's well that ends well, and I got to enjoy the kitties and not be

torn
(and, before I knew one was spoken for, there *was* that familiar moment,
when he handed one to Erian - my hubby - and one to me, and I had

flashbacks
of how we ended up with both cats we have now!), especially because I know
they're all going to family, so I can always see how my kitty's siblings

and
mommy are doing! And he said we were welcome to come back and visit them
any time before they're ready to be picked up, which I thought was sweet.

And as a very pleasant aside, we were chatting in the back yard and
mentioning how we really need to get a garden shed, because we have no
storage in the house, and can't use our attic because we would have to

spend
a fortune altering it, because it apparently doesn't have the proper load
bearing joists. So we've been waiting to get the yard cleared and get a
shed, but we won't really have the £150 for one anytime soon, and the

space
issue in the house is driving me crazy. Well, turns out they had a shed,
but the owners of their new house left theirs behind, and the garden is

too
small for two. So they were going to just scrap their other one, but kept
it in the garage awhile, just in case any family needed it. And since we
needed it, he offered! So not only do I get a gorgeous new furbaby, but I
get a neater house in the bargain....not bad, eh?

So anyway, like I said, all's well that ends well; we had a nice little
visit with a friendly relative we hardly see and some gorgeous furbabies,
didn't have to make the torturous decision, and got a shed out of the

deal!
Thanks all for the encouragement through my time of inner turmoil, it must
have put some good vibes out there for everything to turn out just as it
should.

Hugs,
Ann

--