Smokey likes steak

Old July 30th 18, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

Default Smokey likes steak

Who knew? LOL.

Actually she has a thing for a lot of people food.

When she was younger she would sleep under the comforter on the bed (dead to the world), but when she smelt something cooking she would show up downstairs. If we were cooking something interesting and gave her her bowl; she would say no thanks, I know you have something better. Then again she thinks she wants everything I eat. if I let her smell my smoothie, she says how can you eat that sh*t. Smokey has never liked treats, she says those are cat food.

Cleo (RB) was pretty traditional when it came to cat food and she has less of a taste for people food. But one day she was on my desk while I was eating breakfast and she was convinced she wanted some of my Tea. So when the cup was almost empty I put it down beside her. She tried sticking her head in the cup, but her tongue couldn't reach the liquid she desired. I started laughing at her and got the cat look of death. She stuck her paw in the cup and started licking the Tea off her paw. I don't think she really wanted the tea at that point, it was more a mater of cat pride. The look on her face as she casually licked the Tea off her paw was priceless. I could hear her muttering #$&^%* stupid human. :-)
Old July 30th 18, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

On 30/07/2018 01:30, Bill Stock wrote:
ter on the bed (dead to the world), but when she smelt something cooking she would show up downstairs. If we were cooking something

My new girls will not eat anything except Royal Canin, I assume they
were reared on it, as showgirls. I've tried wet, no way. So RC it is.
The Persian one. I tried them with a tina of human-type tuna when it
was their birthday, They were horrified, said "No, get real, meowmie!"

Old August 1st 18, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 7/29/2018 8:30 PM, Bill Stock wrote:

(snippage)

Cleo (RB) was pretty traditional when it came to cat food and she has less of a taste for people food. But one day she was on my desk while I was eating breakfast and she was convinced she wanted some of my Tea. So when the cup was almost empty I put it down beside her. She tried sticking her head in the cup, but her tongue couldn't reach the liquid she desired. I started laughing at her and got the cat look of death. She stuck her paw in the cup and started licking the Tea off her paw. I don't think she really wanted the tea at that point, it was more a mater of cat pride. The look on her face as she casually licked the Tea off her paw was priceless. I could hear her muttering #$&^%* stupid human. :-)

LOLOL! I now she was thinking, "You made me work that hard for this?!"

Jill
Old August 1st 18, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 7/30/2018 5:42 PM, Tina wrote:
On 30/07/2018 01:30, Bill Stock wrote:
ter on the bed (dead to the world), but when she smelt something
cooking she would show up downstairs. If we were cooking something

My new girls will not eat anything except Royal Canin, I assume they
were reared on it, as showgirls.Â* I've tried wet, no way. So RC it is.
The Persian one.Â* I tried them with a tina of human-type tuna when it
was their birthday, They were horrified, said "No, get real, meowmie!"

Persia (RB) was allegedly half Russian Blue. She turned her nose up at
human-type tuna. Then again, she turned her nose up at most *fishy* cat
food, canned or dry.

Persia did steal a hamburger off my plate once. Just the meat. I'd
grilled some hamburgers on the back patio. I brought them inside, set
the plate in the kitchen. I prepared myself a burger sandwich.

I set my plate with the burger on a toasted bun on the coffee table on a
tray. That was to be my dinner. I had potato chips on the side of the
plate. I realized I'd forgotten a napkin. I wasn't gone more than 30
seconds and only a few steps away.

The burger was gone. The bun was still there. So were the chips.
Persia cat-burgled only the burger. LOL

Odd thing. The beef burgers when this happened contained chopped button
mushrooms, diced water chestnuts and teriyaki sauce. A little
cornstarch to hold the mixture together. Quite tasty.

Tasty enough for Persia the Thief to have stolen it right off the
toasted hamburger bun when I turned my back.

Jill
Old August 2nd 18, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 4:50:18 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
[...]

Yeah, I take cream in my Tea, but it's the way I was raised. I remember having the large 4-square saltines in sweet tea as dessert at my grandmothers. I guess that's why I love Masala Chai.

Smokey is the only dairy cat we had, the others turned their nose up at Milk and Cheese. She would even eat Blue Cheese at one time. But one day a few weeks ago she stopped Milk cold turkey. I guess she's watching her figure; more likely it was bothering her tummy in her old age. So I'm not sure why Cleo wanted the tea, it was not for the Milk.
Old August 2nd 18, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 5:56:13 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
On 7/30/2018 5:42 PM, Tina wrote:
[...]

Yeah, those burgers sound tasty. I've started making Crab burgers lately with yoghurt instead of mayonnaise and grilled instead of fried. They're not as tasty as Crab Cakes obviously, but much healthier. I haven't tried giving Smokey any Crab; she doesn't like Shrimp, so I'm sure Crab will suffer the same fate.

The only food stealing incident we had was Cali, she was such a good girl. LOL. The odd thing is that it was a chicken wing with hot sauce. We are pretty sure she had an Indian family before us, as she used to check out all of the Indian visitors to our house. She would get right up in their face looking for her previous owner.

[OT] Chicken fried steak gravy question Yowie Cat anecdotes 46 April 14th 10 02:38 AM
Smokey is a DJ Enfilade Cat anecdotes 6 December 14th 08 09:11 PM
Licking Steak Enfilade Cat anecdotes 16 May 1st 05 08:36 AM
Anyone want a piece of steak..... Mischief Cat anecdotes 25 April 30th 05 09:07 AM