Crackles update for those not on Yahoo

Old July 7th 04, 06:06 AM
Steve Touchstone

Default Crackles update for those not on Yahoo

Just checked the yahoo catslaves and saw an update from today. Here it
is for those interested here but not on the other group:

Last week the vet office tells me I can't sceduale crackles
procedure til after tuesday because of the holiday, today I call
and am told there isn't an opening til the 20th. Why couldn't I
scedualed him last week, the holiday obviously wasn't the factor
and maybe I would of gotten a few day earlier than the 20th. I
wasn't even given enough antibiotics to even cover til then when I
went in on friday so I gotta make another trip to get more
antibiotics, Also when I went in they didn't tell me to cut back to
one pill a day, before i ran out I'd been giving him 2 pills a day,
when I went in on friday they gave me more of the same pills but
did not tell me to cut back to one,I should of been giving him one.
I pointed out when she told me this that crackles is still having
infection with 2 if I cut back to one won't it get worst? Crackles
already has a pocket of infection in his cheek again and the thing
in his ear is growing and I swab out of his ear of cottage cheese
like infection daily and now I can't get him in til the 20th. I asked
about coming in and getting his cheeked lanced again since I
had so long to wait and she said that would take the money
away from the surgery fund and then there wouldn't be enough.
So I guess that is a no. I'd lance it myself but it isn't close to the
surface like the ones I lanced on my mother's cat after he got
beat up by the neighborhood feline bully. Its deeper and up by
the ear so I don't want to hurt him.

I wish I could of got him in earlier, perhaps i should call
tomorrow and ask if there is a cancelation to try to fit crackles in.
He isn't supposed to eat anything after 8pm on the 19th and
bring him in 8am on the 20th so I would have to know about a
cancelation the day before so I don't know if it is practical to ask.

BTW, we are up to $132 for the proceedure. I'd like to thank
everyone who donated. Now he just has to wait forever and a day
and hope nothing goes wrong between then and now so
everyone cross fingers and paws and have good thoughts.

meow

--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old July 7th 04, 08:07 AM
O J

On Wed, 07 July, Steve Touchstone wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------
Now he just has to wait forever and a day
and hope nothing goes wrong between then and now so
everyone cross fingers and paws and have good thoughts.

meow

Steve Touchstone,

We're wishing and purring for a satisfactory outcome. Best of
luck to you both.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Old July 7th 04, 04:50 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 00:06:59 -0500, Steve Touchstone
wrote:

[...]

It sounds like this person needs someone to "run interference". MLB

Old July 8th 04, 05:41 AM
Christine Burel

That's just disgusting -- any thought of finding another vet! That's too
long to wait!
Christine

Old July 10th 04, 02:22 AM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", "Christine Burel"
artfully composed this message
within on 08 Jul 2004:

That's just disgusting -- any thought of finding another vet!
That's too long to wait!
Christine

Seriously! Even after several people donated towards Crackles
procedure? Bah. Purrs that he'll be ok until then.

--
Cheryl