No fleas?

Old June 8th 07, 02:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
David Mooney

Default No fleas?

Hello everyone, I put Frontline on my cat around noon on Wednesday. There as
been a good improvement, but I still him scratching from time to time
(although no way like he was doing before). He scratches and nibbles with
his teeth where he still get flea bites. I still find a handful of fleas. I
have heard how great Frontline is but should Jacob still be scratching after
3 days from receiving an application of Frontline?

Thanks,
David Lee

Old June 8th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Spot

It kills the current fleas within 24 hours. But you have to remember if you
didn't treat the carpets and furniture you still have eggs that are hatching
out and those fleas won't die until they bite him. I would vacumn all the
house throughly and immediately throw the vacumn bag out when done. If you
really have a bad infestation you may need to bomb the house to get rid of
them.

Celeste

Old June 8th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ted Davis

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 09:29:23 -0400, "David Mooney"
wrote:

Hello everyone, I put Frontline on my cat around noon on Wednesday. There as
been a good improvement, but I still him scratching from time to time
(although no way like he was doing before). He scratches and nibbles with
his teeth where he still get flea bites. I still find a handful of fleas. I
have heard how great Frontline is but should Jacob still be scratching after
3 days from receiving an application of Frontline?

Frontline will clean up the cat's environment, but it takes a while.
Meanwhile, he picks up fleas that jumped off before the treatment and
newly hatched ones in the bedding, carpet, etc.

Keep applying Frontline every month and eventually the only fleas you
will see are those that came in on an animal, person, or object, and
they won't last long. I have fifteen indoor/outdoor cats living near
wildlife - fleas and ticks are major issues, but unless I'm late with
a dose, they remain issues and don't become problems.

--
T.E.D. )
Remove "gearbox.maem." from address - that one is dead

fleas lucy707 via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 3 June 28th 06 04:18 PM
Need help with fleas Yowie Cat anecdotes 8 February 5th 06 07:57 PM
fleas graciedv Cat health & behaviour 11 June 19th 05 03:15 PM
fleas Jenni G. Cat health & behaviour 24 July 19th 04 07:43 PM
Fleas all over Tang Cheng Yuen Cat rescue 2 July 14th 04 04:19 PM