vacuuming the cat

Old December 10th 12, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

Default vacuuming the cat

Cinnamon is not afraid of the vacuum and will sit there when I vacuum
right up to her. I got the idea to try the soft brush attachment on her.
As she is getting older she is grooming herself less and has a lot of
loose fur. She let me use it on her. She had a look on her face like
what the h**l but didn't run away. I might try it again.

Ann
Old December 10th 12, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/10/2012 3:00 PM, ann791 wrote:
Cinnamon is not afraid of the vacuum and will sit there when I vacuum
right up to her. I got the idea to try the soft brush attachment on her.
As she is getting older she is grooming herself less and has a lot of
loose fur. She let me use it on her. She had a look on her face like
what the h**l but didn't run away. I might try it again.

Ann

I have a friend whose cat (RB) went crazy when she turned on the vacuum
cleaner. Not because she was afraid of it, but because she *wanted* to
be vacuumed! She loved it. It got to be difficult to use the vacuum
cleaner for actual *cleaning* because the cat wouldn't get out of the way

Jill
Old December 10th 12, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

On Monday, December 10, 2012 3:00:34 PM UTC-5, ann791 wrote:
Cinnamon is not afraid of the vacuum and will sit there when I vacuum

right up to her. I got the idea to try the soft brush attachment on her.

As she is getting older she is grooming herself less and has a lot of

loose fur. She let me use it on her. She had a look on her face like

what the h**l but didn't run away. I might try it again.

Ann

In Rusty's (RB) last year his fur got very matted. It took me a lot of work
to get the mats out. He was 15-16 years old at the time. A vacuum, even if he
allowed it, won't help. I used my fingers to detangle the mats or failing that,
I very carefully snipped with a pair of scissors designed for pets. Rusty hated
grooming while he tolerated teeth brushing. -- Winnie
Old December 11th 12, 05:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chak

ann791 wrote in :

Cinnamon is not afraid of the vacuum and will sit there when I vacuum
right up to her. I got the idea to try the soft brush attachment on her.
As she is getting older she is grooming herself less and has a lot of
loose fur. She let me use it on her. She had a look on her face like
what the h**l but didn't run away. I might try it again.

Ann

Lucky! My cats hate the vac so much I had to stop using the Roomba. It
was making them upset every night when it turned itself on.

Chak

--
I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to
seriously re-evaluate your life.
Old December 11th 12, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"ann791" wrote in message
Cinnamon is not afraid of the vacuum and will sit there when I vacuum
right up to her. I got the idea to try the soft brush attachment on her.
As she is getting older she is grooming herself less and has a lot of
loose fur. She let me use it on her. She had a look on her face like what
the h**l but didn't run away. I might try it again.

Ann

If she allows it, it's a good idea. Boyfie hates the sucky monster, I try
to only use it when he's out.
I only have to open the cupboard where I keep it and he's off upstairs, and
when I get upstairs with it, he has nowhere to go, which panics him.
I get his loose hair off him with a Zoom Groom. An amazing rubber thingie
with long massaging fingers which somehow gets all the loose hair out and
traps it between the fingers. He loves being zoom-groomed - he will even
offer his tummy, like Oh please, do it some more..

Tweed

Old December 11th 12, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

ann791 wrote:
Cinnamon is not afraid of the vacuum and will sit there when I vacuum
right up to her. I got the idea to try the soft brush attachment on her.
As she is getting older she is grooming herself less and has a lot of
loose fur. She let me use it on her. She had a look on her face like
what the h**l but didn't run away. I might try it again.

Ann

My brother's family had a cat who LOVED being vacuumed. (As soon as he
heard the vacuum motor, he'd come running from anywhere he happened to
be, and insist upon it!)
Old December 11th 12, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chak

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

I get his loose hair off him with a Zoom Groom. An amazing rubber
thingie with long massaging fingers which somehow gets all the loose
hair out and traps it between the fingers. He loves being
zoom-groomed - he will even offer his tummy, like Oh please, do it
some more..

The ZoomGroom is great, but I found an even better hair-remover.

http://www.petzoom.com/self-cleaning-brush

I got three sets of three from woot.com for what that site is charging
for one.

Chak

Old December 12th 12, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Art Shapiro

On 12/10/2012 12:00 PM, ann791 wrote:
Cinnamon is not afraid of the vacuum and will sit there when I vacuum
right up to her.

I actually have a pet attachment for the vacuum, although I haven't used
it in quite a while. Moe Lester (RB nine years ago yesterday) loved it.
It's a rubber cylinder with a bunch of protruding prongs - the same
rubber - around the circumference. Never have seen one since somehow
acquiring the attachment.

Art

Vacuuming Fluffy Bev Cat anecdotes 5 June 11th 10 05:33 AM
Cat vacuuming Gandalf Cat anecdotes 7 April 28th 07 10:01 AM
cat-vacuuming pin John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 10 July 3rd 06 10:03 PM
OT - Vacuuming CatNipped Cat anecdotes 15 July 12th 05 05:24 PM