OT mostly: Need ideas, please

Old May 26th 04, 01:04 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

"Yowie" wrote in message
u...
"Tanada" wrote in message
hlink.net...
One of my jobs before every trip, is to come up with a list for our
travel scavenger hunt. Whoever finds the items gets a point, and who
ever has the most points at the end of the trip wins a goofy little
prize. It's fun and keeps us all alert and looking out the windows.

Needless to say, I have been doing this for long enough that I'm having
a hard time thinking of new objects for our group to be looking for.
Any suggestions? Sample ideas a a blue tractor, a person wearing a
shirt with a picture of a cat on it (with this group one has to be
specific), the first mileage sign for Memphis, etc.

If I get enough ideas, I may have two lists one for traveling to Idaho
and one for coming back here.

Thanks for all ideas, if wanted I'll publish our final list.

A pine tree with two (or more) tops
A misspelt sign
the number "1024"
a right-hand-drive vehicle
a ginger cat
a motorbike with a pillion passenger thing attached (bonus point for

pillion
passenger)

snip
How about a motorbike (or motorcycle in the US) with a trailer? I saw one
the other day that was actually towing a coffin-on-wheels. DH said that
they do that quite often, as it doesn't add width to the 'cycle.

Old May 26th 04, 03:39 AM
Tanada

Victor Martinez wrote:

Tanada wrote:

Thanks for all ideas, if wanted I'll publish our final list.

Hmmmm... how about trying to "collect" all 50 states in terms of license
plates sighted?
Also, how about points for the rarest license plate? We saw one from
Guam the other day at the outlet mall...

The 50 states is always on our lists, but I'd never thought of giving
points for the rarest one. Every so often one can see a German one near
military posts.

Thanks.

Pam S.

Old May 26th 04, 03:40 AM
Tanada

Yowie wrote:

A pine tree with two (or more) tops
A misspelt sign
the number "1024"
a right-hand-drive vehicle
a ginger cat
a motorbike with a pillion passenger thing attached (bonus point for pillion
passenger)
a car made before 1930
a flying kite
a four leaf clover
a book published in 1969
a street that isn't on the map
a lady with curlers in her hair
a pair of bunny slippers
a cup of tea (assuming that none of you drink it)
something Australian
a tyre fire
a supermarket trolley thats not in sight of any building
a purple petunia
a toilet without a seat
a working pay phone
somebody wearing black nailpolish
somebody eating with the cutlery in the wrong hands
a french fry longer than 6 inches
A Yowie (a bigfoot or sasquatch will do...)

I should probably stop now....

Thanks, but don't stop. These are the kind of things I'm looking for.

Pam S. hoping for more ideas

Old May 26th 04, 04:01 AM
Jeanne Hedge

On Tue, 25 May 2004 18:30:53 GMT, Tanada wrote:

One of my jobs before every trip, is to come up with a list for our
travel scavenger hunt. Whoever finds the items gets a point, and who
ever has the most points at the end of the trip wins a goofy little
prize. It's fun and keeps us all alert and looking out the windows.

Needless to say, I have been doing this for long enough that I'm having
a hard time thinking of new objects for our group to be looking for.
Any suggestions? Sample ideas a a blue tractor, a person wearing a
shirt with a picture of a cat on it (with this group one has to be
specific), the first mileage sign for Memphis, etc.

If I get enough ideas, I may have two lists one for traveling to Idaho
and one for coming back here.

Thanks for all ideas, if wanted I'll publish our final list.

Pam S. who did get a mention of a cat in this post

It's not a "points" scavenger hunt game, but we always like to play
the "Alphabet Game" when travelling long distance (and I still do,
even when driving alone). It's very straight forward, perhaps you do
it already. You have to find each letter in the alphabet, in order,
winner being the one who finds the letter "Z" first. You can use
signs, lettering on vehicles, license plates, license plate holders -
anything's fair game. Just call out each letter as you see it.

We had 2 rules: 1) the letter has to be actually be *seen*, not
inferred - if you're looking for "V" and come across "Che rolet", you
don't get the "V" because it's missing; 2) you can only look out the
front and side windows - no looking backward because the driver can't
(or shouldn't).

Anyway, it was quickly done, could be repeated as wanted, and keeps
you alert.

Our other game was to keep a list of license plates we came across,
although we didn't do it for points, just for interest.

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com