Low-phosphorus cat food

Old February 7th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Low-phosphorus cat food

wrote in message
oups.com...
Phil P. wrote:
wrote in message
---------------some snipping and sniping but not too much on my part

Very much snipping on my part.

and snippety too.

You might get a factual reply if you try to keep your request under 1000
words.

one word, kilocalories, was too much, garrulous? not at all. i felt bad
& badly that i had to explain to a food company that kilocalories per
gram or per ounce is a very good way to specify calories. most of the
world uses kcals/gram and purina should too

One word? You just said you "had to explain to a food company that
kilocalories per gram or per ounce is a very good way to specify calories."
That had to take you at least an hour! lol.

You're not getting the results you want because you annoy the people that
you're asking for information. You babble and complicate
very simple issues.

The person was probably so tired after reading your garrulous message

that
he fell asleep before s/he could reply.

The message was too short and not at all garrulous since I was using a
filled-in form on the web site which did not allow for many words, even
if so inclined.

Do not make the hasty generalization that how I post here is how I talk
on the telephone.

I'd bet your friends answer your calls only from their home phones.

Old February 7th 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Phil P. wrote:
"Steve Crane" wrote in message
Good - at least you recognize that we have the best studies, regardless
of funding them at various universities

The first c/d studies weren't too good, were they, Steve? Someone at Hill's
forgot to include taurine in the feline formula and as a result, a lot of
cats developed dilated cardiomyopathy and died.

Very interesting. I was in the dog groups this morning and happened
upon this post:

4. Steve Crane
Feb 6, 7:27 pm show options
Newsgroups: rec.pets.dogs.health
From: "Steve Crane" - Find messages by this author

John Wesley wrote:
Does anyone have any recomendations good or bad on Natures Recipe Lamb
and Rice Puppy food?
jw

From: "Steve Crane"
"You might check the label and make sure they have finally added
supplemental taurine to the food. They were one of three companies with

lamb based products that were implicated in causing dilated
cardiomyopathy. Lamb is intrinsically deficient in taurine and it
needs to be supplemented in any lamb based diet. You can tell by
looking at the ingredient panel and finding taurine listed as a
separate ingredient. 3 Nutro Natural Choice products, Nature's Recipe
and Sensible Choice (I think it was Sensible Choice) were all reported
as having deficient levels of taurine in a 2003 published report from
UC Davis. The ctual study was donein 1999, but publication was 3 years
later. At that time I looked at the labels and Nutro had changed only 1

of the foods implicated and the other two companies had made no changes

at all. Nutro had changed the Nutro Natural Choice LM&R food but had
not yet changed the Lite product and one other food they produced that
was implicated. Most companies made changes in the late 90's when the
issue first came up."

Old February 7th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

PawsForThought wrote:
Phil P. wrote:
"Steve Crane" wrote in message
Good - at least you recognize that we have the best studies, regardless
of funding them at various universities

The first c/d studies weren't too good, were they, Steve? Someone at Hill's
forgot to include taurine in the feline formula and as a result, a lot of
cats developed dilated cardiomyopathy and died.

Very interesting. I was in the dog groups this morning and happened
upon this post:

No, you were trolling the dog groups (you don't even own a dog) and
looking for an opportunity to bash Hill's. As for what Phil posted,
I'd like to see a cite or a reference to back up what he says.

Old February 7th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

" wrote in message
oups.com...

No, you were trolling the dog groups (you don't even own a dog) and
looking for an opportunity to bash Hill's. As for what Phil posted,
I'd like to see a cite or a reference to back up what he says.

Just ask your boss. lol! You say you work for the company- so you should
*know* its true!

Old February 7th 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

PawsForThought wrote:
wrote:
Never a post spamming the group. Did you ever see one?

Yes, for the past several years. Obviously you haven't been here that
long and you would have seen the posts. I'm not quite that naive

I prefer biased information rather than no information.

I see that I don't know why you're having such a hard time geting
nutrient profiles from these companies. I've never had a problem.
Perhaps you need to go past speaking to the company's receptionist?
Maybe word your request differently? I don't know. Again, I've never
had a problem in the past with getting this kind of information. It
was an easy and quick process.

I checked into the info you last gave me about this and the web site
you referred to did not give me the details I needed. If you don't need
much in the way of info, then yes, you have a quick and easy process. I
wanted specific phosphorus levels and that was extremely difficult. And
even something as benign as kilocalories is not that easy. It should be
all available on the internet without even having to have a "process"
to get to it. I should not have to telephone for something as basic as
kilocalories or phosphorus levels for cat food. And then after
telephoning the biggest company in the world for this, Purina/Nestle, I
definitely should not have to wait weeks for something that is printed.
That's plain insane. Especially when the have a veterinarian web site
and computer programs, none of which has this information. I checked
the vet site of Purina and downloaded their vet programs. IDIOT LEVEL
STUFF! Really depressing that this is what they give the vets.

If you found the information in the past, fine. But if you cannot
reproduce it for me then it's essentially and utterly completely
useless for me. I need information not blanket criticisms. A company
rep that provides numbers for me is far more valuable than a poster who
says the company rep is biased. Don't you see that? You are, so far,
just giving me static, no numbers, no info, just noise, and critical
noise of me. That gets my attention

So reconsider your post which seems angry in contrast to the low key
posts that came from the rep.

Hardly angry, just realistic. I prefer unbiased information. you
don't.

I prefer information. Obviously no information cannot be biased because
nothing exists and nothing is always unbiased which seems to be your
preference because you are criticizing me or so it seems, hisssssssssss
- but not providing any information at all, like phosphorus levels or
kilocalories of the products that I have asked about. The correct
wording is that I prefer unbiased information over biased information
over no information at all.

You need to start providing information. That would be a start.

To put this in a cliche, if you can't boost, don't knock.

Give me fact, just the facts, ma'am...............

Old February 7th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Phil P. wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Phil P. wrote:
wrote in message
---------------some snipping and sniping but not too much on my part

Very much snipping on my part.

and snippety too.

You might get a factual reply if you try to keep your request under 1000
words.

one word, kilocalories, was too much, garrulous? not at all. i felt bad
& badly that i had to explain to a food company that kilocalories per
gram or per ounce is a very good way to specify calories. most of the
world uses kcals/gram and purina should too

One word? You just said you "had to explain to a food company that
kilocalories per gram or per ounce is a very good way to specify calories."
That had to take you at least an hour! lol.

You're not getting the results you want because you annoy the people that
you're asking for information. You babble and complicate
very simple issues.

Now, now, just because I annoy you does not mean I annoy everybody.

I complicate things because all things are complicated if one looks
enough.

A kiss is just a kiss, as time goes by, is a song, not reality. A kiss
is really...

Take for example, the simple question, why is the sky blue?

The real answer would a Ph.D. exam answer. But if you keep it at the
idiot level, the way you would for a child, you can go into the color
blue. But the real answer involves hydrogen bonds and spectral analyses
and so on. Or so says a would-be astrophysicist who was asked this
question in his Ph.D. examination and he sweated the answer out over
hours, yes, hours of talking and chalking.

I am not a child. You are not a child. My furry beast is not a child
although she has not yet asked me why the sky is blue.

The person was probably so tired after reading your garrulous

message
that
he fell asleep before s/he could reply.

The message was too short and not at all garrulous since I was using a
filled-in form on the web site which did not allow for many words, even
if so inclined.

Do not make the hasty generalization that how I post here is how I talk
on the telephone.

I'd bet your friends answer your calls only from their home phones.

Thanks for the compliment

Old February 7th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Phil P. wrote:
" wrote in message
oups.com...

No, you were trolling the dog groups (you don't even own a dog) and
looking for an opportunity to bash Hill's. As for what Phil posted,
I'd like to see a cite or a reference to back up what he says.

Just ask your boss. lol! You say you work for the company- so you should
*know* its true!

Phil, you're usually pretty good about backing up what you say with
references. If you're going to make an allegation like that, then just
tell us if it was anecdotal or something more concrete. That's all I'm
saying.

Old February 8th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

" wrote in message
oups.com...

Phil P. wrote:
" wrote in message
oups.com...

No, you were trolling the dog groups (you don't even own a dog) and
looking for an opportunity to bash Hill's. As for what Phil posted,
I'd like to see a cite or a reference to back up what he says.

Just ask your boss. lol! You say you work for the company- so you should
*know* its true!

Phil, you're usually pretty good about backing up what you say with
references. If you're going to make an allegation like that, then just
tell us if it was anecdotal or something more concrete. That's all I'm
saying.

You want a reference? I've got a reference that I *know* you'll trust:
*Steve Crane*. lol! I'm sure he remembers.

Old February 8th 06, 10:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote in message
ups.com...
Phil P. wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

You're not getting the results you want because you annoy the people

that
you're asking for information. You babble and complicate
very simple issues.

Now, now, just because I annoy you does not mean I annoy everybody.

Maybe you don't annoy people who have nothing better to do than listen to
your incessant babbling . But you're obviously annoying the people you're
calling since you can't seem to get the information others got very easily,
now can you?.